Post by cl15876 » October 4th, 2009, 9:00 am

devildeac wrote:For TNTDevil:
:D
:ymhug:
B-)
:ymdevil:
:ymparty:
=p~
:@) (for the sausage AND bacon, of course ;) )
^:)^
\m/
:-bd
but most of all:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

A sincere thank you. It was great stuff.
I 2nd that! It was great seeing everyone again and the eats were terrific. Those Hot Dog rolls really looked yummy!

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd :-bd :-bd
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Brunchgate 10-03 Edition: menu planning and attendance

Post by cl15876 » October 4th, 2009, 9:13 am

devildeac wrote:Today's menu:

Sausage, egg and cheese breakfast casserole
Beer
Homemade hot sausage
Beer
Peppered bacon, thick cut
Beer
French toast/freedom toast :roll:
Beer
Homemade biscuits
Beer
Blueberry muffins
Beer
Chocolate chip muffins
Beer
Pumpkin bread with pee-cans
Beer
Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
Beer
Scrambled eggs
Beer
Dunkin' Donuts-decorated
Beer
Fruit salad
Beer
Cantalope
Beer
Bojangles cinnamon twists
Beer
Chips/dip/salsa(?)
Beer
OJ
Beer
Champagne
Beer
Spicy BMs

How's that for breakfast/lunch/brunch?

Did I miss anything? I think the only thing I did not taste was the chips/dip/salsa and I did not want any spicy BMs. :roll: :oops: (I'm not a bloody Mary fan)
Nice job! There was some beer bread also. The sausage casserole and the home made spicy sausage, french toast, CB&B's potatoes were all outstanding amongst the beer (did you mention that), the screwdriver I made and I would have liked to have tried the spicy BMs but I was getting tingl-EEEEE way too early :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:, but it was an awesome spread and the company was incredible!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 4th, 2009, 9:21 am

cl15876 wrote:
Nice job! There was some beer bread also. The sausage casserole and the home made spicy sausage, french toast, CB&B's potatoes were all outstanding amongst the beer (did you mention that), the screwdriver I made and I would have liked to have tried the spicy BMs but I was getting tingl-EEEEE way too early :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:, but it was an awesome spread and the company was incredible!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
Sorry you and CathyCA had to leave so early. The hot dogs and TNT's rolls were delish too! As was VDB's hot dog chili! And we got to speak with several of the players as they walked back to campus about an hour after the game! TE Kenny Anunike http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EASON=2009 chowed down with a plateful from the neighboring tent, got some ketchup from us and spent 10 minutes chatting with us. He's my new favorite player!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 4th, 2009, 9:27 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Sorry you and CathyCA had to leave so early. The hot dogs and TNT's rolls were delish too! As was VDB's hot dog chili! ....
Thanks we were too, but had a great time at our other destination later in the day. I woke up thinking about TNT's hot dog rolls!!!!! They looked soo yummy!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 4th, 2009, 9:27 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: The hot dogs and TNT's rolls were delish too! As was VDB's hot dog chili!
Yes they were! Dad and I happily went back for seconds.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 4th, 2009, 9:39 am

This Brunchgate was soooo special. Thanks again to you Tim. You earned many (*) All fo the food was wonderful. And the beer. Wow!. CB&B, I have to say yours is my favorite.Great company. Such a nice group of people.

I really liked Tilley's idea, the reverse Devil Walk grettings. We cheered :Clap: ^:)^ :-bd the team members as they walked past us after the game. It was great. Each one gave us huge smiles. This is a great new tradition.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 4th, 2009, 11:02 am

CellR wrote:I wish I had been there! They've been around a lot lately... Two of my soccer games in the past week. Two Duke football games in the past week. Man, I need to retire!!! :D :D :D (Or just go to Duke)
Doesn't your grandfather have a sister named Helen?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 4th, 2009, 11:15 am

CellR wrote:I wish I had been there! They've been around a lot lately... Two of my soccer games in the past week. Two Duke football games in the past week. Man, I need to retire!!! :D :D :D (Or just go to Duke)
Don't retire, come on to Duke. You will have many "homes" in this area, Including our home.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 4th, 2009, 11:17 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
Yep :D
Class of 2014
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 4th, 2009, 11:24 am

CellR wrote:
Helen and her daughter Katherine ride to the games with me. We're just a few tents down the row of tents.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 4th, 2009, 5:51 pm

CellR wrote:
Helen and her daughter Katherine ride to the games with me. We're just a few tents down the row of tents.
OK, it's slowly coming together for me. CellR, you're a part of the Ferrell clan. You Aunt Anne (in Knoxville) is a very good friend of mine. She usually comes to a bball game or two each year on my second ticket.

Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 4th, 2009, 8:19 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: OK, it's slowly coming together for me. CellR, you're a part of the Ferrell clan. You Aunt Anne (in Knoxville) is a very good friend of mine. She usually comes to a bball game or two each year on my second ticket.
Yes :D
Or as the my grandad's students would say: "Feral".
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 4th, 2009, 8:22 pm

CellR wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: OK, it's slowly coming together for me. CellR, you're a part of the Ferrell clan. You Aunt Anne (in Knoxville) is a very good friend of mine. She usually comes to a bball game or two each year on my second ticket.
Do you, or have you ever, called her "auntie Annie"? Or will you the next time you see/speak to her? =)) =)) =))

Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 4th, 2009, 8:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CellR wrote:
Do you, or have you ever, called her "auntie Annie"? Or will you the next time you see/speak to her? =)) =)) =))
I don't know if I have or not. :) She's my great aunt.
Class of 2014
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 5th, 2009, 7:31 am

CellR, I'm hoping to meet you at a tailgate soon. Our grandson, a junior at Panther Creek in Cary, bleeds Duke blue and is beginning to look at schools and worrying about whether or not he's doing everything he can to impress Duke Admissions. He goes to the games with us unless he has a game of his own (LAX) to play. I know he'd love to hear what your experiences have been and compare notes so far. I didn't know those were your grandparents at the last tailgate. I didn't make it around to meeting them in time. They sure were a cute couple.

I'll be looking for you. Good luck.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2009, 8:09 am

TNTDevil did a super job with all his cooking/baking/grilling/frying/scrambling but the other chef wasn't too good. I sat there for about 3 hours after Brunchgate in the GA section with my family and CB&B, his dad and Tilly and only got broiled on one side. :roll: :((
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 5th, 2009, 8:26 am

devildeac wrote:TNTDevil did a super job with all his cooking/baking/grilling/frying/scrambling but the other chef wasn't too good. I sat there for about 3 hours after Brunchgate in the GA section with my family and CB&B, his dad and Tilly and only got broiled on one side. :roll: :((
Yeah, I had a funny looking sun burn. :flame:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » October 5th, 2009, 8:47 am

Howdy gang! What a fantastic day we had on Saturday! For those who didn't/couldn't stick around you missed an equally entertaining post-game tailgate. The weather really was outstanding (at backing up my prediction :))) The Devils really came to play and, with the exception of one BS mistake by the officials, the game could have ended very differently. It was great talking to the players as the drifted back towards campus after the game.

Of course, on the "good news" front- the Tarheels lost, Clemson lost and some of the "professional" games (read: SEC) were fantastic to watch on the DirecTV as the afternoon turned to twilight.

Many, many, many "thanks" to all the kind words posted here about my contribution but, I think I'm in jeopardy of being "over-rated". Everyone contributed to create one hell of a brunch & tailgate.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2009, 8:59 am

TNTDevil wrote:Howdy gang! What a fantastic day we had on Saturday! For those who didn't/couldn't stick around you missed an equally entertaining post-game tailgate. The weather really was outstanding (at backing up my prediction :))) The Devils really came to play and, with the exception of one BS mistake by the officials, the game could have ended very differently. It was great talking to the players as the drifted back towards campus after the game.

Of course, on the "good news" front- the Tarheels lost, Clemson lost and some of the "professional" games (read: SEC) were fantastic to watch on the DirecTV as the afternoon turned to twilight.

Many, many, many "thanks" to all the kind words posted here about my contribution but, I think I'm in jeopardy of being "over-rated". Everyone contributed to create one hell of a brunch & tailgate.
And the congregation said: AMEN!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 5th, 2009, 7:25 pm

devildeac wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:Howdy gang! What a fantastic day we had on Saturday! For those who didn't/couldn't stick around you missed an equally entertaining post-game tailgate. The weather really was outstanding (at backing up my prediction :))) The Devils really came to play and, with the exception of one BS mistake by the officials, the game could have ended very differently. It was great talking to the players as the drifted back towards campus after the game.

And the congregation said: AMEN!
AMEN!

TNT, you are one heck of a cook. I love that you are part of our tailgate crew. :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!