Brunchgate 9-26 edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 9-26 edition

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 25th, 2009, 4:48 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Does everyone have some good blue rain gear? Looks like it's going to be needed tomorrow, especially in the evening!
Yup, and we'll have the second tent as well. I wonder how well Desmond Scott runs in mud?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 25th, 2009, 4:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Does everyone have some good blue rain gear? Looks like it's going to be needed tomorrow, especially in the evening!
Yup, and we'll have the second tent as well. I wonder how well Desmond Scott runs in mud?
Don't forget, the field now has a new drainage system. It was well tested last year!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 25th, 2009, 5:23 pm

DukePA wrote:I'm copying Jim Sumner's DBR post:

From Duke

"As part of new federal security guidelines, backpacks and large bags are no longer permitted inside Wallace Wade Stadium. Vehicles also are prohibited from the stadium concourse.

The adjustments, which take effect Saturday as Duke hosts N.C. Central in football at 7 p.m., come as a result of national recommendations from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that have been distributed to sports venues in the wake of recent terrorism-related arrests in Colorado and New York.

John Dailey, Duke University’s chief of police, said Duke’s bag and vehicle policies are not the result of any specific threat at Duke or in Durham. “This is a proactive measure to help enhance an already safe game-day experience,” he said.

Other schools like the University of Michigan issued similar guidelines this week and banned purses and all other bags from its football stadium. UNC-Chapel Hill has already banned backpacks and large bags inside Kenan Stadium.

As is current policy at Wallace Wade, all bags are subject to search."
I got the email too, but DukePA has it well covered.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » September 25th, 2009, 6:41 pm

knights68 wrote:I am actually considering bringing cookies, Homemade cookies. I was inspired from the last brunchgate and the awesome cookies that were there (for a VERY short tme)!
Oh criminey, my plan for the cookies do not seem to be working out. So put me down for some brownies (some with nuts, some nutless).
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 25th, 2009, 7:51 pm

I bought a 6.5 pound boston butt tonight for the smoker, along with a bunch of hamburger buns. I'm gonna make some cole slaw tonight.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 25th, 2009, 10:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought a 6.5 pound boston butt tonight for the smoker, along with a bunch of hamburger buns. I'm gonna make some cole slaw tonight.
I'd like to see the recipes for the boston butt and slaw when you get a chance. You guys are really tempting me to go buy a smoker!!!!
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » September 25th, 2009, 10:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought a 6.5 pound boston butt tonight for the smoker, along with a bunch of hamburger buns. I'm gonna make some cole slaw tonight.
I've got some cole slaw already made, more is a good option. I also made foot-long hot dog buns, brownies, wings- traditional (hot), Mole & "Mom's" , celery & carrot sticks, Blue cheese and ranch dressing, smoked-chicken salad made with garlic/cayenne mayo and honey whole-wheat bread, brownies (w/Walnuts), iced tea, and, maybe, two beers. ;) I'm bringing that 'cue sauce as promised. Homemade "ketchup", ketchup, mustard(s), extra garlic/cayenne mayo.

I also have a bag of charcoal, along with your (CB&B's) unopened bag of hardwood mesquite (left over from the Richmond game), a bag of Hickory wood, charcoal chimney, gloves, tools, grill brush, etc.

Bringing three tables, all my chairs, TV, Sat. dish, radio, generator blah, blah, blah.

Oh, DD's beer-glass.

Be there, promptly, at 9am.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 25th, 2009, 10:32 pm

We shall be lovingly preparing the veggie tray in the AM.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 25th, 2009, 10:46 pm

Hot dogs are out of the freezer and are defrosting in the fridge! Bud Lights (and Ima's leftover
corona and Mike's Hard Lemonade from Tillygate) are in the cooler in the trunk, awaiting ice tomorrow.

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 25th, 2009, 10:46 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
I've got some cole slaw already made, more is a good option. I also made foot-long hot dog buns, brownies, wings- traditional (hot), Mole & "Mom's" , celery & carrot sticks, Blue cheese and ranch dressing, smoked-chicken salad made with garlic/cayenne mayo and honey whole-wheat bread, brownies (w/Walnuts), iced tea, and, maybe, two beers. ;) I'm bringing that 'cue sauce as promised. Homemade "ketchup", ketchup, mustard(s), extra garlic/cayenne mayo.

I also have a bag of charcoal, along with your (CB&B's) unopened bag of hardwood mesquite (left over from the Richmond game), a bag of Hickory wood, charcoal chimney, gloves, tools, grill brush, etc.

Bringing three tables, all my chairs, TV, Sat. dish, radio, generator blah, blah, blah.

Oh, DD's beer-glass.

Be there, promptly, at 9am.
TNT, I've made a lot of bread in my time, but I've never thought about making hot dog rolls. I would love to see how you made those foot long hot dog rolls. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 25th, 2009, 10:48 pm

I've made the Deviled eggs (Christian and I had a discussion over whether I should dye them BLUE and call them "Blue Deviled Eggs.") I have Fanta soda loaded in the car, and I've got some Duke blue stadium cups for beverages.

I'll have a few chairs. My entourage is down to Mom, Christian, his friend Aaron, and me. We have an extra ticket to the game. Is anyone interested?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 25th, 2009, 10:49 pm

I've got mimosa stuff, Linenkugel Honey Weiss beer, chips and salsa verde. My buddy Sylvie is bringing some sort of dessert. Can't wait despite the fact that CB&B is picking me up at the butt crack of dawn (-| (-| (-| (-| !!!!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 25th, 2009, 10:52 pm

DukePA wrote:I've got mimosa stuff, Linenkugel Honey Weiss beer, chips and salsa verde. My buddy Sylvie is bringing some sort of dessert. Can't wait despite the fact that CB&B is picking me up at the butt crack of dawn (-| (-| (-| (-| !!!!
Yeah, but when he nudges you to wake you, Steven won't get jealous! =))

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 25th, 2009, 10:54 pm

DukePA wrote:I've got mimosa stuff, Linenkugel Honey Weiss beer, chips and salsa verde. My buddy Sylvie is bringing some sort of dessert. Can't wait despite the fact that CB&B is picking me up at the butt crack of dawn (-| (-| (-| (-| !!!!
HA!!! Earlier I told Jen I had to get up "butt sucking early".
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 25th, 2009, 10:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Yeah, but when he nudges you to wake you, Steven won't get jealous! =))
True enough! I'll be jealous of Stevo who will be sawing the hell out of some logs!!! Just kidding, I'm actually really looking forward to tomorrow!! GTHC!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 25th, 2009, 10:58 pm

DukePA wrote:... I'll be jealous of Stevo who will be sawing the hell out of some logs!!! ...
DukePA, Where in the heck will Stevo find logs to be cutting down and sawing down at the beach? ;)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 25th, 2009, 11:01 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DukePA wrote:... I'll be jealous of Stevo who will be sawing the hell out of some logs!!! ...
DukePA, Where in the heck will Stevo find logs to be cutting down and sawing down at the beach? ;)
You'll find out when you're here for the oyster roast!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 25th, 2009, 11:06 pm

TNTDevil wrote: Be there, promptly, at 9am.
We'll be there shortly after. Need to make a stop at Total Wine first, which conveniently opens at 9am!
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 25th, 2009, 11:47 pm

cl15876 wrote:TNT, I've made a lot of bread in my time, but I've never thought about making hot dog rolls. I would love to see how you made those foot long hot dog rolls. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
clbon*, I'll be happy to share, provided those whom consume them think them worthy of promotion.

*clbunchofnumbers- WTF?! You couldn't think of a more "intuitive" username?
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 25th, 2009, 11:59 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
cl15876 wrote:TNT, I've made a lot of bread in my time, but I've never thought about making hot dog rolls. I would love to see how you made those foot long hot dog rolls. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
clbon*, I'll be happy to share, provided those whom consume them think them worthy of promotion.

*clbunchofnumbers- WTF?! You couldn't think of a more "intuitive" username?
Well, when you get to know me better, it will all become clear!!!! :-bd