Moral Support Needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Moral Support Needed

Post by Miles » August 12th, 2009, 1:37 pm

So what are you going to do with the money you saved from buying a pack of smokes today? How many packs a day/week were you smoking? Add it up, and at the end of the first month go buy something for yourself.
:ymhug:
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2009, 1:39 pm

One of the things I did when I quit (cold turkey) was when I got a really big craving, I'd get up and go walk around the neighborhood. I don't know why it helped, but it did.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 12th, 2009, 1:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:One of the things I did when I quit (cold turkey) was when I got a really big craving, I'd get up and go walk around the neighborhood. I don't know why it helped, but it did.
It does work...the lap around the campus this morning worked wonders. I just had someone here suggest I go up and down the stairs (it is now pouring outside and we're on the 4th floor). I'm sure when I'm home and I can get up and go whenever I want walking will become a big thing.

Miles wrote:So what are you going to do with the money you saved from buying a pack of smokes today? How many packs a day/week were you smoking? Add it up, and at the end of the first month go buy something for yourself.
I hadn't thought about it - but that is a great idea. Cigarettes here went up 7/1 with an additional $1 a pack - I stocked up on cartons before then and haven't needed to buy them since. I smoked about a carton a week - which works out to a little over a pack a day. I hear a carton is around $50 so that's $200 a month easy. I'll think I'll start trying to figure out what I want.... :-? :-?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Yay Windsor!!!! Keep up the good work.

Windsor, Windsor, she's our gal. She can do it cuz we're her pals.

Gooooooooooooo, Windsor

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymhug: :ymhug: :-bd :-bd ^:)^ ^:)^
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 12th, 2009, 1:59 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Yay Windsor!!!! Keep up the good work.

Gooooooooooooo, Windsor

That one almost caused me to spit my water all over my monitor. Go Tilly!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 2:02 pm

windsor wrote:

Gooooooooooooo, Windsor

Oops, didn't mean to cause that reaction. So glad I didn't look for a cheerleader emoticon. :)) :))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2009, 2:15 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Oops, didn't mean to cause that reaction. So glad I didn't look for a cheerleader emoticon. :)) :))
Paging bjornolf.
:D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 12th, 2009, 2:15 pm

windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:So what are you going to do with the money you saved from buying a pack of smokes today? How many packs a day/week were you smoking? Add it up, and at the end of the first month go buy something for yourself.
I hadn't thought about it - but that is a great idea. Cigarettes here went up 7/1 with an additional $1 a pack - I stocked up on cartons before then and haven't needed to buy them since. I smoked about a carton a week - which works out to a little over a pack a day. I hear a carton is around $50 so that's $200 a month easy. I'll think I'll start trying to figure out what I want.... :-? :-?
You can't decide? Really? Here's a general suggestion, but you'll have to wait for a few months of savings to add up! Maybe buy something else the first month (instant gratification) and then save up for a 6 month anniversary present!

Umm, my picture didn't load. I'll try again. Nope. 3 more tries and it says the image is invalid???? This is a picture I took and have posted before - CB&B, any suggestions?

Anyway, it was a picture of the Coach storefront in Beverly Hills. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 3:47 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:

Gooooooooooooo, Windsor

Oops, didn't mean to cause that reaction. So glad I didn't look for a cheerleader emoticon. :)) :))
Found the cheerleader emoticon.
cheerleader-smile.gif
cheerleader-smile.gif (5.37 KiB) Viewed 355 times
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 12th, 2009, 11:01 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:
You can't decide? Really? Here's a general suggestion, but you'll have to wait for a few months of savings to add up! Maybe buy something else the first month (instant gratification) and then save up for a 6 month anniversary present!

Umm, my picture didn't load. I'll try again. Nope. 3 more tries and it says the image is invalid???? This is a picture I took and have posted before - CB&B, any suggestions?

Anyway, it was a picture of the Coach storefront in Beverly Hills. B-)
I'm with Ozzie - buy something at the end of the months and then save for several months for a great trip. Perhaps a belated 15th anniversary trip?
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 6:11 am

A trip now there is plan....hmmm....where to go where to go...

So far (second cup of coffee) day 2 is better than day 1....I was surfing the web yesterday reading about quitting - one site had a list of things people did or said to get through the cravings - found one that has been working "having a cigarette will NOT make this easier - it will only make me want ANOTHER cigarette" that's what worked when I found an unopened pack in my car yesterday afternoon - I'm still kinda sorry I winged them out the window (yeah...litter...shame on me - had to take advantage of the moment of will power while I could)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 13th, 2009, 6:25 am

Windsor, I was talking to Sue71 last night and she asked me to tell you that her father quit smoking 12 years ago. She is vibing for you through this challenge in your life.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 13th, 2009, 9:02 am

windsor wrote:
Momma needs a brand new dress! :-D Or whatever will make you happy. $200 a month is fantastic. Might be a good reminder to quit when you remember you're saving about $2,500 a year. WOO HOO!
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 10:25 am

Miles wrote:Momma needs a brand new dress! :-D Or whatever will make you happy. $200 a month is fantastic. Might be a good reminder to quit when you remember you're saving about $2,500 a year. WOO HOO!

I often said that if someone showed up on January 1st and made you pony up $2500 (or more) for your years worth of cigarettes a lot less people would smoke - but because it is a little bit at a time you don't realize how you much you are spending.

...still hanging in....today a bit better than yesterday (having...or rather not having...a cigarette has not been my only thought today)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 13th, 2009, 10:55 am

windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:Momma needs a brand new dress! :-D Or whatever will make you happy. $200 a month is fantastic. Might be a good reminder to quit when you remember you're saving about $2,500 a year. WOO HOO!

I often said that if someone showed up on January 1st and made you pony up $2500 (or more) for your years worth of cigarettes a lot less people would smoke - but because it is a little bit at a time you don't realize how you much you are spending.

...still hanging in....today a bit better than yesterday (having...or rather not having...a cigarette has not been my only thought today)
Congratulations on completing Day 1. Vibes for Day 2. Keep up the good work.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 13th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Stop Windsor Stop! Stop Windsor Stop! Stop Windsor Stop!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 2:19 pm

windsor wrote:...still hanging in....today a bit better than yesterday (having...or rather not having...a cigarette has not been my only thought today)
I think this is really good news...just try to make each day be a little easier than the last, and before long, you'll wonder how you ever smoked in the first place.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 13th, 2009, 2:27 pm

I want a Coke but not bad enough to go down to the store to get one.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 13th, 2009, 2:28 pm

Not having them in the house is key.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Do not go to the store and get a coke! Have something else to drink ... water...tea...anything

I know you want one :-ss but you can work through it!