Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: PJ Hairston... Unc player arrested

Post by Bob Green » July 9th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Leslie McDonald angle:

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.ph ... -mcdonald/

It appears the scandal is growing. The whole thing also smells like a repeat of some aspects of the football scandal where the football players were issued a bunch of parking tickets for cars they didn't own. I can't remember for sure but weren't the football players receiving cars from car dealers, while the basketball players appear to be receiving cars from drug dealers.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 9th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Bob Green wrote:Leslie McDonald angle:

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.ph ... -mcdonald/

It appears the scandal is growing. The whole thing also smells like a repeat of some aspects of the football scandal where the football players were issued a bunch of parking tickets for cars they didn't own. I can't remember for sure but weren't the football players receiving cars from car dealers, while the basketball players appear to be receiving cars from drug dealers.
Them meter maids at unc better watch their backs! X(
:9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 10th, 2013, 8:00 am

Worth the read:

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/371 ... unc/?tc=ar

if only for this part
"It’s said that those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it. That’s apparently a lesson not taught in those bogus courses offered by UNC’s Department of African and Afro-American Studies, because Hairston is in the process of proving it"

=)) =)) =))
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 10th, 2013, 9:23 am

Fatty says he didn't do anything wrong, and as proof of this he mentions that if he HAD done anything wrong, the NCAA and UNC would be knocking on his door. Ahhh...ok.
He said if there was a problem, the NCAA would be knocking at his door and said that hasn't happened. He added that UNC and its athletic department have not contacted him either.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/durham-man ... /12644665/
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 10th, 2013, 10:54 am

windsor wrote:Worth the read:

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/371 ... unc/?tc=ar

if only for this part
"It’s said that those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it. That’s apparently a lesson not taught in those bogus courses offered by UNC’s Department of African and Afro-American Studies, because Hairston is in the process of proving it"

=)) =)) =))
That's hysterical! :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))
Life is good!
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » July 10th, 2013, 11:44 am

I'm really enjoying the laughs at P.J. Hairston's expense. Hopefully the McDonald rumors are true so the entertainment value of the whole situation will quadruple. Of course, with the NCAA being the equivalent of a bumbling country bumpkin small town sheriff (Barney Fife anyone?), I doubt they get around to looking into the whole affair before the season starts.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 10th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Bob Green wrote:I'm really enjoying the laughs at P.J. Hairston's expense. Hopefully the McDonald rumors are true so the entertainment value of the whole situation will quadruple. Of course, with the NCAA being the equivalent of a bumbling country bumpkin small town sheriff (Barney Fife anyone?), I doubt they get around to looking into the whole affair before the season starts.
That's an insult to Barney Fife! At least his heart (and his bullet) were in the right place.

In a way it would be more entertaining if the NCAA left the sheep in limbo at the start of the season. What would they do with PJ? With McDonald? Play them and chance having to forfeit those games? Sit them out and have people fuss? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » July 10th, 2013, 1:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:That's an insult to Barney Fife!
Thanks for calibrating me. ^:)^
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 10th, 2013, 1:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: That's an insult to Barney Fife!
=))
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » July 10th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Bubba speaks:

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/uncnow/un ... nformation
Where the facts show mistakes in judgment and/or actions, Coach (Roy) Williams will take and I will support the appropriate disciplinary measures. The integrity of the University of North Carolina is of paramount concern to all of us and is the principle on which Coach Williams and the athletic department operate each and every day.
If Bubba can be taken at his word, the P.J. Hairston era at UNC could be coming to an end. Of course, this is probably just more UNC double talk.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 10th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Bob Green wrote:Bubba speaks:

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/uncnow/un ... nformation
Where the facts show mistakes in judgment and/or actions, Coach (Roy) Williams will take and I will support the appropriate disciplinary measures. The integrity of the University of North Carolina is of paramount concern to all of us and is the principle on which Coach Williams and the athletic department operate each and every day.
However, we have not seen any facts that showed such mistakes, so there is nothing to see here.
If Bubba can be taken at his word, the P.J. Hairston era at UNC could be coming to an end. Of course, this is probably just more UNC double talk.
You left off Bubba's last sentence....
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 10th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Does anyone know the name of the PR firm UNC has hired to manage their multiple crises?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 10th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Does anyone know the name of the PR firm UNC has hired to manage their multiple crises?
Love, Ima
I assume you wantt the name so you know who NOT to hire when you need a PR firm. Am I correct?
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 11th, 2013, 12:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Does anyone know the name of the PR firm UNC has hired to manage their multiple crises?
Love, Ima
I assume you wantt the name so you know who NOT to hire when you need a PR firm. Am I correct?
:think: I hadn't thought of that but, no. Actually I was listening to an NPR program today when they were talking about strategies commonly used by such firms. One of them sounded text book for what they seem to be using at UNC. Got me to wondering who they use.

The first step in the defense is to put off responses as long as possible, promising that the entire debacle is being thoroughly investigated. The goal is to be able to wait long enough that the bad press will run its course or that the public will just get bored or distracted or jump on some new bandwagon. You are supposed to designate one spokesman, somebody good at saying something without saying anything and instruct everybody else to keep mum. The next step is definitely not to accept blame but to shift it and attack the credibility of the persons making the charges. The strategy even has a name, but I missed it.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 11th, 2013, 8:57 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: The first step in the defense is to put off responses as long as possible, promising that the entire debacle is being thoroughly investigated. The goal is to be able to wait long enough that the bad press will run its course or that the public will just get bored or distracted or jump on some new bandwagon.
That might work if your issue is with a corporation that nobody really cares about and they have other options for a while...like if someone found an ear on their McDonald's cheeseburger. People would say "eww" and go to Wendy's for a couple weeks. However, when your problem is with a university that has rabid fan bases for it AND against it, it won't go away.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » July 12th, 2013, 4:46 pm

News and Observer front page news:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/12/ ... tched.html

It seems P.J. Hairston forget to tell Fats what he told the police so they could coordinate their stories. He was probably disoriented by the marijuana he didn't smoke that day. =))

This story isn't going away anytime soon.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Bob Green wrote:News and Observer front page news:

It seems P.J. Hairston forget to tell Fats what he told the police so they could coordinate their stories. He was probably disoriented by the marijuana he didn't smoke that day. =))

Riddle me this: why/how is he still on the UNC basketball team?

I predict a Cam Newton type situation in which he doesn't miss a single game. The NCAA may or may not come back at a later date and declare him ineligible. If they do anything at all, it will be after the season ends.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » July 12th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Pack Pride is blowing up about some PM which contains explosive information:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=25 ... 96225&p=44

"Thanks for the PM. UNC is toast."

"That is what we call a headshot. Good day sir."

"holy crap! Thanks for the PM. That one is gonna leave a mark. I can't believe they were that stupid."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 12th, 2013, 5:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Bob Green wrote:News and Observer front page news:

Riddle me this: why/how is he still on the UNC basketball team?

I predict a Cam Newton type situation in which he doesn't miss a single game. The NCAA may or may not come back at a later date and declare him ineligible. If they do anything at all, it will be after the season ends.
I think his future as a tarheel is pretty much fucked. Too bad they didn't win any banners last year so we could watch them disappear.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Bob Green wrote:Pack Pride is blowing up about some PM which contains explosive information:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=25 ... 96225&p=44

"Thanks for the PM. UNC is toast."

"That is what we call a headshot. Good day sir."

"holy crap! Thanks for the PM. That one is gonna leave a mark. I can't believe they were that stupid."
Too bad we don't know the contents of the PM. Can't wait for the alleged big story to hit. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein