devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Post by cl15876 » June 29th, 2009, 11:06 am

YAY!!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd Cheesesteak, here I (aka DD) come!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 29th, 2009, 11:07 am

colchar wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
Whenever I'm feeling self conscious about something like this, it helps me to focus on having sympathy for the poor folks who have to DO these exams on people in the first place----all day long, day in day out. Bless their hearts. You're in and out of there in a heartbeat.

Yeah, but they chose their careers. Plus, they get paid rather well for doing them. I've often offered to change places with my doc so long as I also got to collect the paycheque for the procedure.
Two favorite quotes of mine:

1. (from the House of God) When asked what career one of the residents was choosing after s/he was finished training, their reply was: "gastroenterology."
When asked why, their reply was: "There's a lot of good money in shit."
2. Definition of a colonoscope: a tube with an asshole at both ends.

:)) :)) =)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 29th, 2009, 11:10 am

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Can you ask for a little anti-anxiety pill before you have the procedure? Just to relax you a bit? Valium?
I believe I'll have some IV Versed and Demerol in all likelihood ;) :D . These procedures are done with conscious sedation so you are mild to moderately sedated and should remember little, if anything, about the procedure.
You're going to be sedated? Damn, the test will be a breeze then. I've never been sedated for a colonoscopy. I've never even been sedated for a cystoscopy (waaay more unpleasant than a colonoscopy). I've only ever been sedated for endscopies (because of the gag reflex) and, even then, I was dumb enough to go through one without sedation. Talk about a stupid idea.
I had my 1st endoscopy about 20 years ago with no sedation. My choice. I was young, stupid and very busy and had consults/procedures scheduled that afternoon. My follow up in a year was done with sedation on an afternoon off. The patients could wait until the next day and I had partners covering for emergencies and I was not on call. The 2nd option is much preferrable.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 29th, 2009, 11:17 am

cl15876 wrote:YAY!!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd Cheesesteak, here I (aka DD) come!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
I opted for a real ginger ale, a real strawberry Jello and a fat free Jello pudding for breakfast about 45 minutes ago. I'll treat myself to a burger or cheesesteak for lunch :D . Jello pudding ALWAYS reminds me of Bill Cosby and his visit to CIS 10-15 years ago and what the Crazies chanted to him when they realized he was in the house. :)) :))
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 29th, 2009, 11:31 am

devildeac wrote:
I had my 1st endoscopy about 20 years ago with no sedation. My choice. I was young, stupid and very busy and had consults/procedures scheduled that afternoon. My follow up in a year was done with sedation on an afternoon off. The patients could wait until the next day and I had partners covering for emergencies and I was not on call. The 2nd option is much preferrable.
That was my thinking too - I was busy and had stuff to do later that day. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 29th, 2009, 12:22 pm

Here's the report:

This was a breeze. Report at 8 AM and sign all the forms, get an IV started, get a little Robinul to decrease secretions and chat with the GI doc, a colleague, and the nurse anesthetist, get my Propofol (sedative/hypnotic/narcotic), hear the GI doc bid me good night and wake up about 45 minutes later and don't remember a damn thing. I have pictures which I haven't a clue how to post but had some minor esophagitis and gastritis and will be on Nexium for 2 months and require no follow up for that. The colonoscopy was completely normal and I get to go back in 10 years for a repeat ^:)^ :ymapplause: . And, no, I am not starting my clear liquid diet now for the procedure. :p :)) I have had real ginger ale, real strawberry Jello and some fat free Jello pudding for breakfast and am still plotting a real lunch. :D The Jello pudding will always remind me of the 'Cos and his visit to CIS about 10-15 years ago and how he was greeted when the Crazies realized he was there. Classic.

I don't think I told any intimate or profane stories as I was "recovering," either about my wife, family or CT members, so everyone can relax. :roll: :)) The only problem is no alcohol tonight. :(( :(( I guess I'll have to celebrate tomorrow night for Sunday (prep day) and today (procedure day) :D ;) .

Ooh, and I have been give free license to belch or pass flatus any time, any where and as many times as I like for the rest of the day. Now, THAT'S a guy thing. (well, sorta...) :oops: :roll: :)) :))

Thanks for all the well wishes. I encourage anyone who needs any endoscopic exams to proceed with them as indicated and BTW, ask for the "good stuff." :)) :D ;)

I also can't believe I/we have milked this thread for almost 90 posts! :oops: :roll: =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 29th, 2009, 1:33 pm

devildeac wrote:Here's the report:

1. This was a breeze. ...

2. I don't think I told any intimate or profane stories ... either about my wife, family or CT members, ...

3. so everyone can relax. :roll: :)) The only problem is no alcohol tonight. :(( :(( I guess I'll have to celebrate tomorrow night for Sunday (prep day) and today (procedure day) :D ;) ....

4. Ooh, and I have been give free license to belch or pass flatus any time, any where and as many times as I like for the rest of the day.

5. ... I encourage anyone who needs any endoscopic exams to proceed with them ...

6. I also can't believe I/we have milked this thread for almost 90 posts! :oops: :roll: =)) =))
Responses in itemized order....
1. I am glad you enjoyed IT! I think I would be asking for the Chemay!!!
2. That IS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE... I was on speaker PHONE!!! :-D
3. RELAX, OKAY, I'll take that under advisement! :-D NO ALCOHOL.... nothing to blame it all ON! I'll still be toasting you!
4. Please, TMI.... JOY and all your gorgeous daughters, my place is free of this methane!
5. YOU MUST STILL BE HIGH!!!! :-D
6. I was wondering about that also.... I THINK IT IS BECAUSE WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!

Way to be a trooper! :ymhug: :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 29th, 2009, 1:36 pm

Ya know, I stayed home for YOU today!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 29th, 2009, 3:17 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:Here's the report:

1. This was a breeze. ...

2. I don't think I told any intimate or profane stories ... either about my wife, family or CT members, ...

3. so everyone can relax. :roll: :)) The only problem is no alcohol tonight. :(( :(( I guess I'll have to celebrate tomorrow night for Sunday (prep day) and today (procedure day) :D ;) ....

4. Ooh, and I have been give free license to belch or pass flatus any time, any where and as many times as I like for the rest of the day.

5. ... I encourage anyone who needs any endoscopic exams to proceed with them ...

6. I also can't believe I/we have milked this thread for almost 90 posts! :oops: :roll: =)) =))
Responses in itemized order....
1. I am glad you enjoyed IT! I think I would be asking for the Chemay!!!
2. That IS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE... I was on speaker PHONE!!! :-D
3. RELAX, OKAY, I'll take that under advisement! :-D NO ALCOHOL.... nothing to blame it all ON! I'll still be toasting you!
4. Please, TMI.... JOY and all your gorgeous daughters, my place is free of this methane!
5. YOU MUST STILL BE HIGH!!!! :-D
6. I was wondering about that also.... I THINK IT IS BECAUSE WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!

Way to be a trooper! :ymhug: :-bd
1. I don't believe I used the word "enjoy" anywhere about the procedure... :roll:
2. OMG.
3. I am relaxed.
4. Just sayin'...
5. Nah, it wore off 3-4 hours ago. That was probably one of the few serious moments I've had the last 2 days.
6. What a great excuse. Thanks for all the lovin'.

It's after 3 PM now and I feel pretty good. I will be attending 2 \:D/ classes this evening and going out for a walk after that. :D
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 30th, 2009, 2:20 pm

devildeac wrote:
I also can't believe I/we have milked this thread for almost 90 posts! :oops: :roll: =)) =))
...and that I didn't chime in until now. :-h I've been busy doin' "house" work since last week. Glad to hear all's OK. (How's that ass pimple?)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » June 30th, 2009, 2:27 pm

colchar wrote: I've never even been sedated for a cystoscopy (waaay more unpleasant than a colonoscopy).
I'm in full agreement here! I'm glad my urologist uses the most unappealing, unattractive nursing/prep staff on the planet.

There's a lot to be desired concerning his prostate methods, however. My MD is good. he tells me to roll over and bend my knees.(fairly painless) The urologist had me bend over while he took a running start from the other side of a large exam room! :-o #:-s
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 30th, 2009, 6:48 pm

captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote:
...and that I didn't chime in until now. :-h I've been busy doin' "house" work since last week. Glad to hear all's OK. (How's that ass pimple?)
The GI doc didn't even notice it, or, if he did, he was kind enough not to comment about it. :oops: :roll: :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 30th, 2009, 6:49 pm

captmojo wrote:
colchar wrote: I've never even been sedated for a cystoscopy (waaay more unpleasant than a colonoscopy).
I'm in full agreement here! I'm glad my urologist uses the most unappealing, unattractive nursing/prep staff on the planet.

There's a lot to be desired concerning his prostate methods, however. My MD is good. he tells me to roll over and bend my knees.(fairly painless) The urologist had me bend over while he took a running start from the other side of a large exam room! :-o #:-s
did he take his watch off at least? :)) :)) :(( :((
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 1st, 2009, 1:43 pm

Just for DD..... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Yesterday's Mallard Fillmore!
Attachments
Mallard_Fillmore.gif
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 1st, 2009, 2:06 pm

Given ILJ's recent experience a few days before, that's two colonoscopies in the same week for the same family.

Umm, I wonder if colonoscopies come in three. Who's next? :-s :-$ :-? :-ss
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 1st, 2009, 3:29 pm

Lavabe wrote:Given ILJ's recent experience a few days before, that's two colonoscopies in the same week for the same family.

Did they get a group rate?
Life is good!
captmojo

Post by captmojo » July 1st, 2009, 5:03 pm

devildeac wrote:
captmojo wrote:

did he take his watch off at least? :)) :)) :(( :((
I think he was scratching in the section of my brain that the optic nerve is connected with, therefore, I couldn't say with certainty. :-?? x_x #:-s
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 1st, 2009, 9:20 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Just for DD..... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Yesterday's Mallard Fillmore!
:)) :))
Thankfully, I did have mine 1st thing in the AM! :D :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 1st, 2009, 9:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:Given ILJ's recent experience a few days before, that's two colonoscopies in the same week for the same family.

Famous last words:

Roll over on your left side, please... :oops: :roll: :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » July 1st, 2009, 11:25 pm

devildeac wrote:

Famous last words:

Roll over on your left side, please... :oops: :roll: :))
NO DR. Ram, I am here for my throat!!!!! NOT THAT! :-o :D