crazietalk outing to the DBAP

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Are you interested in attending a Durham Bulls game as a group?

Poll ended at June 15th, 2009, 10:40 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: crazietalk outing to the DBAP

Post by wilson » August 14th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Sorry to miss this one, guys. Y'all have fun and pour some out for me.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 14th, 2009, 10:55 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:[And he's not going to be there either!
He's not going to be at Tyler's and/or the game?
AFAIK, when I am finish stuffing his carcass full of a cheesesteak at Sami's at about 430 PM tomorrow, I'm packing his arse off toward Derm and I expect him to arrive hungry at Tyler's at about 530 PM as I think it's about an hour from cheesesteak to taproom...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2009, 1:06 pm

So, when are these brunchgates?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 15th, 2009, 1:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:So, when are these brunchgates?
They start 3-4 hours before every home Duke FB game.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 15th, 2009, 10:08 pm

I'm especially happy we could get the afternoon/evening started for y'all with a delicious cheesesteak duo and slice of darn near NYC-like pizza from Sami's a few hours ago. Oh, and BTW, meeting bjornolf wasn't too shabby either. :))

Seriously, he's a great guy and it was our pleasure to make another real friend from CT and cross another "imaginary" one off the list. :ymhug: :D ^:)^
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Waiting on the details, sounds like y'all had fun. Hopefully there are photos!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 15th, 2009, 10:58 pm

A good time was had by all. Cathy and bjornolf took group pics, maybe they will post them.

The Bulls won, though almost lost it in the 9th. They, hit back to back homeruns, something I've never seen. I also saw my first 3-3-4 double play (thanks Ozzie for reminding how the play would be logged in the score book, would the first out be considered an FC?).

We saw a great display of fireworks after the game. Oh, and the field caught fire, though Durham's fire deparment was on hand to put it out. Yay for Durham firefighters!

We were even lucky enough to have a good weather night, not too hot, and not very humid. DukeUsul, I think you would have enjoyed tonights weather a whole lot better than last Sunday's.

The first brunchgate and football game is three weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 15th, 2009, 11:01 pm

TillyGalore wrote:A good time was had by all. Cathy and bjornolf took group pics, maybe they will post them.

The Bulls won, though almost lost it in the 9th. They, hit back to back homeruns, something I've never seen. I also saw my first 3-3-4 double play (thanks Ozzie for reminding how the play would be logged in the score book, would the first out be considered an FC?).

We saw a great display of fireworks after the game. Oh, and the field caught fire, though Durham's fire deparment was on hand to put it out. Yay for Durham firefighters!

We were even lucky enough to have a good weather night, not too hot, and not very humid. DukeUsul, I think you would have enjoyed tonights weather a whole lot better than last Sunday's.

The first brunchgate and football game is three weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Excellent update! Wasn't getting any feeds on how things were progressing!!! Sounds like it was exciting!!!! Wish I could have joined all y'all!!! :-(
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 15th, 2009, 11:03 pm

I got to see Miles and his cutie on FB, though! She's cute and it looks like ya had great weather!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2009, 11:04 pm

cl15876 wrote:I got to see Miles and his cutie on FB, though! She's cute and it looks like ya had great weather!
Yup, good photo there. Too funny about the field fire. Yay to the Bulls for winning while the CTers were in attendance!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2009, 11:33 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:A good time was had by all. Cathy and bjornolf took group pics, maybe they will post them.

Excellent update! Wasn't getting any feeds on how things were progressing!!! Sounds like it was exciting!!!! Wish I could have joined all y'all!!! :-(
Yes, a good time was had by all! Thanks to Tilly for procuring great seats down the first base line for us. :ymapplause: ^:)^

Nice to see everyone there, sorry more couldn't have made it.

I'm not really sure if the double play was 3,3-4 or 3,3-6 - wasn't paying attention to which middle infielder covered second, but upon reflection it should have been the short stop and not the second baseman, but the grounder to first was that quick that the second baseman could have gotten back to the bag. And no Tilly, the batter was out at first, so no fielder's choice for him.

Oh, and I had some sort of brown ale at Tyler's. Good, but not great. At the game, I had a Bud Light and that was great! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2009, 11:35 pm

But did you win the Powerball?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2009, 11:46 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:But did you win the Powerball?
No, see my post on the LTE 2.0 a minute ago.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2009, 4:24 am

What Tilly said.

We had great fun!

And I have pictures to post, but right now my computer is hooked up to Sam's iPod stuff. He's frantically downloading tunes from my computer for his flight back to CA.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 7:23 am

A 3-3-4 DP? You're gonna have to 'splain that one to me. The 1st baseman got an A to himself? :-o I can certainly see a 3-4 DP or a 3-4-3 DP but not the one you recorded.

Sounds like a great evening.

We enjoyed a romantic walk on the beach accompanied by a gorgeous sunset.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 7:26 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

Yes, a good time was had by all! Thanks to Tilly for procuring great seats down the first base line for us. :ymapplause: ^:)^

Nice to see everyone there, sorry more couldn't have made it.

I'm not really sure if the double play was 3,3-4 or 3,3-6 - wasn't paying attention to which middle infielder covered second, but upon reflection it should have been the short stop and not the second baseman, but the grounder to first was that quick that the second baseman could have gotten back to the bag. And no Tilly, the batter was out at first, so no fielder's choice for him.

Oh, and I had some sort of brown ale at Tyler's. Good, but not great. At the game, I had a Bud Light and that was great! :D
Now I get it!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 8:54 pm

CathyCA wrote:What Tilly said.

We had great fun!

And I have pictures to post, but right now my computer is hooked up to Sam's iPod stuff. He's frantically downloading tunes from my computer for his flight back to CA.
OMG, I can't believe he was still awake!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 8:56 pm

devildeac wrote:

We enjoyed a romantic walk on the beach accompanied by a gorgeous sunset.
Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2009, 9:44 pm

cl15876 wrote: Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
He did. He left in the 7th inning.

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 9:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Hey, I thought Bjornolf went to the game and then headed back to VA???? WTH? =)) =)) =)) =)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
He did. He left in the 7th inning.
LOL - I couldn't resist!!!! DD left me wondering!!!! :D So Oz, what is this GRAMPS stuff... ? I think I predicted something like that during HILTON HEAD? :D The Boneman knows!!!!!! Just embrass the concept!!! ;) :D