Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Verizon tech support for cell phone trouble shooting.
I went ahead and got the Moto Droid Bionic.
Overall, the phone has been fine, except for the wireless "wifi hot spot", which was nothing but frustration and trouble since I turned it on last week while on vacation. My netbook, sitting 6 inches from the phone, would lose the data connection from the phone repeatedly and often, even though the signal strength was 5 bars and rated "excellent". Sometimes the phone showed 4G/LTE, sometimes it switched to 3G, and on occasion it lost the data connection entirely. It was almost like 1996 and losing your dial-up connection on AOL... I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Verizon tech support that night and the next day changing settings and reloading software into the phone (just what I wanted to do on vacation), but the problems continued. So the next day they had me go to a local Verizon store, which was an independent dealer, and they put in a new SIM card for me. This seemed to help some, but problems continued over the weekend. We had from 1 to 3 computers trying to use the connection, and they'd all lose the connection at the same time when it happened, yet at times it was solid for over an hour. Sunday I drove to Ft. Lauderdale and the problem continued here, so again talking with tech support, they decided the problem was a hardware problem with the phone and sent me a certified replacement (repaired) phone, which I got today. I must say, for the hour I've been online, the connection has been rock solid and I haven't been dropped yet! If this continues, I'm a happy camper!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 29th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Costco's "Take and Bake" pizzas. I had the pepperoni, the girls had the veggie. There is also a 4 cheese version. Outstanding. The box says bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes. I recommend the full 15. They are $8.99. This week the pepperoni version is $3 off. Lotta pizza for $6! =p~ :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 29th, 2012, 9:54 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Costco's "Take and Bake" pizzas. I had the pepperoni, the girls had the veggie. There is also a 4 cheese version. Outstanding. The box says bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes. I recommend the full 15. They are $8.99. This week the pepperoni version is $3 off. Lotta pizza for $6! =p~ :9f:
We have a Costco pepperoni in the fridge for tomorrow night. =p~
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 29th, 2012, 11:05 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Costco's "Take and Bake" pizzas. I had the pepperoni, the girls had the veggie. There is also a 4 cheese version. Outstanding. The box says bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes. I recommend the full 15. They are $8.99. This week the pepperoni version is $3 off. Lotta pizza for $6! =p~ :9f:
We have a Costco pepperoni in the fridge for tomorrow night. =p~
My brother got engaged about 15 years ago over a Costco pizza and a Costco diamond solitaire. He made it a big deal and took her out to Costco on the date. None of this "Take and Bake" stuff for him :)) =)) .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 1st, 2012, 8:51 pm

I can't officially endorse this since I've never ordered anything from these folks...but this looks cool.
8 beer glasses for tasting.

http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/8-pi ... roup=rbeer
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.