Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Exercise!

Post by ArkieDukie » September 1st, 2010, 10:29 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I didn't think I was exerting myself all that much last night on the Cardio Workout. Was I ever wrong. About noon today I realized someone beat my entire body with a hammer....

I did a bunch of walking today (staggering is probably a better word) but that was it. Probably Cardio Workout tomorrow and gym on Friday.

AD, you are my hero! ^:)^
Same thing happened to me today, but substitute Daisy Fuentes Pilates for Cardio Workout. My abs were feeling it!

I discovered tonight that you can build custom workouts in EA Sports Active. May have to try that. I can put in the cool stuff and leave out things like stride jumps that hurt my knees.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 1st, 2010, 10:32 pm

[quote="ArkieDukie]I discovered tonight that you can build custom workouts in EA Sports Active. May have to try that. I can put in the cool stuff and leave out things like stride jumps that hurt my knees.[/quote]

I set up a couple of workouts in EA Sports Active that covered specific amounts of time and avoided stride jumps and crossover lunges (which hurt my knees AND make me fall over). My big problem with the EA Sports Active is keeping the thigh band in the right position. I have to roll my shorts up and yank it tight, or it's around my kneecap on the first jump.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2010, 9:27 pm

Usual routine for the week: Cardio Dance Workout and Wii tennis. Cardio Dance is starting to kick my butt. 30 min, 250 calories (their measure). For any of you that like aerobics classes, this is a good game for you. Did the last of the 7 consecutive workouts tonight, so I'll do something different tomorrow night.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 2nd, 2010, 9:32 pm

AD, way to go!

I did an hour of Cardio Workout tonight. I passed the E boxing exam and the D boxing exam (by one point!). I'm horribly uncoordinated, so it might be a while before I do C, B, and A. It was fun.

AD, do you have two Wii remotes, or use the remote or the nunchuck? I'm thinking about getting a second remote tomorrow. I keep beating myself with the cord doing hooks and uppercuts, and it seems like a lot of the nunchuck punches aren't registering.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2010, 9:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:AD, way to go!

I did an hour of Cardio Workout tonight. I passed the E boxing exam and the D boxing exam (by one point!). I'm horribly uncoordinated, so it might be a while before I do C, B, and A. It was fun.

AD, do you have two Wii remotes, or use the remote or the nunchuck? I'm thinking about getting a second remote tomorrow. I keep beating myself with the cord doing hooks and uppercuts, and it seems like a lot of the nunchuck punches aren't registering.
An hour - wow! Good job! 30 min on intermediate or advanced is usually more than enough for me. Keep at it; things will get easier. I'm extremely uncoordinated, but I've gotten better with practice. I'm starting to be amazed at how well I'm keeping up with the cardio dance. I still get tripped up on occasion, though. The boxing is far easier for me.

Way to go with the boxing exams! :happy-bouncyblue: I passed the B exam last weekend, but it took me MULTIPLE times to do it. Working through the intermediate and advanced workouts helps.

I use two remotes. It's definitely the way to go. I use two remotes for Cardio Dance Workout, too. As you said, no getting tangled up with the cord. That's my only gripe with EA Sports Active.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 2nd, 2010, 10:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:AD, way to go!

An hour - wow! Good job! 30 min on intermediate or advanced is usually more than enough for me. Keep at it; things will get easier. I'm extremely uncoordinated, but I've gotten better with practice. I'm starting to be amazed at how well I'm keeping up with the cardio dance. I still get tripped up on occasion, though. The boxing is far easier for me.

Way to go with the boxing exams! :happy-bouncyblue: I passed the B exam last weekend, but it took me MULTIPLE times to do it. Working through the intermediate and advanced workouts helps.

I use two remotes. It's definitely the way to go. I use two remotes for Cardio Dance Workout, too. As you said, no getting tangled up with the cord. That's my only gripe with EA Sports Active.
Thanks! I'll go tomorrow and get a second remote. The cord kept whacking me in the shoulders, and I'd get it all tied up trying to do combinations.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2010, 11:02 pm

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2010, 11:14 pm

devildeac wrote:Try dancing/kick-boxing to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXJrB60H ... re=related
Nice one! Will we see you and Mrs. devildeac cutting a rug to this song at the Alabama game?

I wondered who sang that song - there was a tap routine to this song at my niece's dance recital a couple of years ago. Should've guessed Christina Aguilera. She's really got some pipes.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2010, 11:19 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:Try dancing/kick-boxing to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXJrB60H ... re=related
Nice one! Will we see you and Mrs. devildeac cutting a rug to this song at the Alabama game?

I wondered who sang that song - there was a tap routine to this song at my niece's dance recital a couple of years ago. Should've guessed Christina Aguilera. She's really got some pipes.
Cathy already has us dancing to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cruQ0-fS ... re=related

I'm not sure we'll have much energy left to rock the tent with Candyman.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2010, 8:44 pm

I bought another Wii remote to use on the Cardio Workout, and it's 1000 times better than using the nunchuck. No more flailing myself with the nunchuck cord.

Didn't do a lot of Cardio Workout on the Wii, maybe 15 minutes or so. The real cardio workout was spending an hour with my push mower in the front yard.

I'm sure I negated whatever good vibes the exercise gave me by sampling the oatmeal raisin cookies, just to make sure they would be all right for Brunchgate. :)
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2010, 9:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I bought another Wii remote to use on the Cardio Workout, and it's 1000 times better than using the nunchuck. No more flailing myself with the nunchuck cord.

Didn't do a lot of Cardio Workout on the Wii, maybe 15 minutes or so. The real cardio workout was spending an hour with my push mower in the front yard.

I'm sure I negated whatever good vibes the exercise gave me by sampling the oatmeal raisin cookies, just to make sure they would be all right for Brunchgate. :)
Yay! Glad the new remote helped. Definitely better than the boxing on Wii Fit, right?

Nothing wrong with a good workout with a push mower. I did that when I had my house in AR. I lived close to a water park and had a season pass, so I would mow my yard early Saturday morning and then go swim before the crowds arrived.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2010, 9:13 pm

Today's workout was a custom workout on EA Sports Active that totally kicked my behind: reverse crunches, follow the leader (advanced - drat those stride jumps!), squash (advanced), 10 min step aerobics, squash (advanced), island sprint. Think that was it, but it seems like there was more. I'm really feeling it in my abs!

I weighed in on Wii Fit before starting, and I've lost about 3 lbs since starting. Yippee! :happy-bouncyblue: I ate some brownies earlier today; maybe they haven't caught up with me yet.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2010, 9:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Today's workout was a custom workout on EA Sports Active that totally kicked my behind: reverse crunches, follow the leader (advanced - drat those stride jumps!), squash (advanced), 10 min step aerobics, squash (advanced), island sprint. Think that was it, but it seems like there was more. I'm really feeling it in my abs!

I weighed in on Wii Fit before starting, and I've lost about 3 lbs since starting. Yippee! :happy-bouncyblue: I ate some brownies earlier today; maybe they haven't caught up with me yet.
Way to go with the weight loss and the exercise! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: The reverse crunches are painful! And I absolutely hate the stride jumps. The follow the leader part where you kick yourself in the rear end is kind of strange, but otherwise I like that.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » September 6th, 2010, 4:01 pm

I have been going to the pool, and doing exercises and swimming laps there. The pool will close this week. I joined the gym, and have been doing cardio.

I need a good quick start diet or cleanse. Any ideas!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Thirty minutes this morning on the Cardio Workout, and one hour hanging out with the mower in the backyard.

Tomorrow I return to doing Weight Watchers online, logging my eating and exercise. I haven't had any problem getting motivated to exercise. My problem has been eating properly for a lengthy period of time. It's hard since I'm married to Captain Sabotage!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 6th, 2010, 5:08 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote:I have been going to the pool, and doing exercises and swimming laps there. The pool will close this week. I joined the gym, and have been doing cardio.

I need a good quick start diet or cleanse. Any ideas!!
Sounds like a good exercise regimen! I don't have any ideas for a good quick start diet or cleanse, other than Weight Watchers. I've had good success with that in the past.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 6th, 2010, 5:11 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thirty minutes this morning on the Cardio Workout, and one hour hanging out with the mower in the backyard.

Tomorrow I return to doing Weight Watchers online, logging my eating and exercise. I haven't had any problem getting motivated to exercise. My problem has been eating properly for a lengthy period of time. It's hard since I'm married to Captain Sabotage!
Good job! Hope you're still liking Cardio Workout. To me it seems like one of the better workout programs. Amazingly, it's starting to show up in the Wii clearance bins. For those of you who have a Wii and are interested, now's the time to get it!

Best of luck with Weight Watchers! I've had good luck with it in the past and am actually considering joining again. I've already started altering my lunches. Rather than buying from the cafeteria, I bring Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals. I'll hold out a little longer and see how things go.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 5:23 pm

I did great on WW last year, lost 40+ pounds (about 10 of which I've put back on). I stopped going to meetings when we went on our cruise last November, and now they've changed the meetings so they don't fit into my lunch hour anymore.

I've tried a bunch of weight loss techniques and it's the one that makes the most sense to me. There's nothing off-limits if you can control portions.

I really like the DiGiorno 200 calorie pizzas to take with me for lunch @ work. That and a salad and I'm happy for the afternoon!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Thirty minutes of Cardio Workout. I intended to do an hour, but after standing in line at *&@**!@ Walmart to pick up B's Lipitor and a new leash for Sasha, I didn't have time to do more. Now that Captain Sabotage is here, I doubt I'll get any more exercise done, except maybe a walk up the hill to see Red Dog, Merlin's girlfriend.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2010, 8:44 pm

I stunk it up yesterday - only 66% of my target calories. Over 5.5 hours of very stressful driving, followed by work. I had an e-mail from my boss with over 10 papers that had to be read by today. I finished at 10 p.m.

Made up for it today (somewhat) by hitting 120% - 15 min of Cardio Workout, 30+ of Cardio Dance. I like Cardio Dance more all the time. Oh, I also played a match of Wii tennis.
-- Albert Einstein