LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » September 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm printing some business cards to give away tomorrow. For our non-business.
----
ctnbizcard.jpg
POTD!

Great!! :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 4th, 2009, 9:12 pm

CellR wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm printing some business cards to give away tomorrow. For our non-business.
----
ctnbizcard.jpg
I like it!!! Make sure none of those fall into the wrong hands! :D
If you see the hyphenated boys, give them a dozen to share. :p
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 9:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote:
----
ctnbizcard.jpg
I like it!!! Make sure none of those fall into the wrong hands! :D
If you see the hyphenated boys, give them a dozen to share. :p
CrazieTalk.....we don't hyphen.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Hyphening does get you out of some troubles with spell checkers...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 9:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Hyphening does get you out of some troubles with spell checkers...
It's not spell-checkers? Damn.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2009, 9:29 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Hyphening does get you out of some troubles with spell checkers...
It's not spell-checkers? Damn.
Haha, ich habe keine idee.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2009, 9:30 pm

And would it be hyphenating?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Hi EarlJam!

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: CameronBornAndBred, cl15876, EarlJam, Sue71, YmoBeThere and 0 guests
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 9:35 pm

Nice shirt, Shaq
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » September 4th, 2009, 10:09 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Damn moving violation tickets. I was coming home from dropping off the kids at carpool this morning, and I got a ticket for "failure to obey highway signs" for a Hollywood stop at a stop sign. The annoying thing about it is that the sergeant that gave me the ticket told me that there weren't any points involved. That sounded odd to me, so I looked it up on the Virginia website when I got home. Sure enough, it said it was a 3 point violation. I called the police station, and they said they didn't know, and I had to call the county seat magistrate. Sure enough, 3 points.

I understand that the officer on the street has little to do with the fines and points system, but they should NOT be telling people stuff like that if they don't know. I've had a clean record for over 5 years, so other than risking a hike in my insurance, which sucks huge time, it's really not a big deal to me. However, if I had points on my license and this put me over the license suspension line, that could be REALLY bad. It's really just a dang fund raiser for the city at the end of the fiscal year. They've been out in force this week giving tickets to everybody. It just annoys me that I get 3 points for their fundraiser when they tell me it's NO points. AAAAAAAARGH! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

Sorry, rant over.

Back to your regularly scheduled PWing.

%%-
Fundraiser? Are you kidding me? The law is the law.

I do agree with you, if the police don't know the points question, they should say they don't know and refer you to the magistrates office.
have to disabree with you Tilly. I have come to the conclusion in recent years that traffic tickets have next to nothing to do with public safery. It's all about playing 'gotcha'. And bjorn, I'd appeal it. If you think you stopped and there is no video to ascertain a rolling stop and you had time to ascertain your ability to safely navigate the intersection, it's worth a try.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 4th, 2009, 10:15 pm

One of the reasons I believe traffic tickets have next to nothing to do with public safety is the traffic hazards caused by the police when performing routing traffic stops. In Newton, they routinely pull people over at busy intersections during rush hour causing worse back-ups than were already there because now you have to navigate around them and their unlucky victim who had no chance to be speeding so the only possible ticket would be trying to be the last car squeezing through the intersection as the light turns red. Rude? Yes. Technically against the law? Yes. Worthy of a ticket that will increase your insurance rates? Absolutely not. Traffic tickets are are government racket just like anything else, taxes to keep government employees - cops plus all those court baliffs and magistrates and traffic court judges - on the payroll. It is true that speeding tickets reduce accidents but the others do not, they are designed to relieve the general public of their money. And the fact that insurance companies get to raise your rates because of them is criminal. We don't need more cops in my opinion. We need less.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Bostondevil wrote:One of the reasons I believe traffic tickets have next to nothing to do with public safety is the traffic hazards caused by the police when performing routing traffic stops. In Newton, they routinely pull people over at busy intersections during rush hour causing worse back-ups than were already there because now you have to navigate around them and their unlucky victim who had no chance to be speeding so the only possible ticket would be trying to be the last car squeezing through the intersection as the light turns red. Rude? Yes. Technically against the law? Yes. Worthy of a ticket that will increase your insurance rates? Absolutely not. Traffic tickets are are government racket just like anything else, taxes to keep government employees - cops plus all those court baliffs and magistrates and traffic court judges - on the payroll. It is true that speeding tickets reduce accidents but the others do not, they are designed to relieve the general public of their money. And the fact that insurance companies get to raise your rates because of them is criminal. We don't need more cops in my opinion. We need less.
As someone who sets insurance rates based on those tickets, we like to see all the data we can get our hands on(legally of course). :D
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 4th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Yes, well, I still haven't forgiven the cop who gave me a ticket for giving me one. And when I asked the magistrate who did not overturn it what I supposed to do the next time I misunderstood a cop's hand signals, he said, and I quote, "Well, that would depend on the situation." So, I'm supposed to guess right and if I don't, it's on me. That is all it took for me to lose, irrevocably, all respect for the system as it stands. It's a racket. I'm sorry but it is. And when the system starts fining consummate rule followers like me, it's a system that does not deserve respect in the first place. (I don't have enough data to support my suspicion but on my particular day in court, all the white males got their tickets either revoked or reduced, but none of the women did. The magistrate did let one older man of color off the hook as well.)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 4th, 2009, 10:51 pm

----
ctnbizcard.jpg
fab idea!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 10:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
----
ctnbizcard.jpg
fab idea!
It better be, I got 80 of 'em now... :))
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 4th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Quite frankly, I will never not appeal a ticket again, as long as live, no matter how guilty of the offense I might be because if the police system is going to fine me, I'm going to make them earn it.

And don't get me started on the unethical behavior of Boston area police forces as far as pension benefits and overtime and, good lord, traffic details are concerned.

And seriously, when's the last time you saw a cop follow the speed limit?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 10:55 pm

devildeac wrote:
----
ctnbizcard.jpg
fab idea!
And on # 70 I thought of Ozzie, but it was too late. After I had snapped them all out of the template, I thought "wouldn't it be cool if they all had "GTHC" on the back? Sigh, next batch.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 4th, 2009, 10:56 pm

devildeac wrote: fab idea!
And on # 70 I thought of Ozzie, but it was too late. After I had snapped them all out of the template, I thought "wouldn't it be cool if they all had "GTHC" on the back? Sigh, next batch.
Not 9F?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 10:56 pm

Bostondevil wrote: Not 9F?
Wrong website. X(
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 4th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Have at it, wilson:

Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
Here's the thing, OldPhiKap, you never actually bought it! I have 'Rumors' on vinyl. Yes, the Fleetwood Mac album, that 'Rumors'. I never bought it. I would swear on a stack of Bibles that I never bought because I have always hated Fleetwood Mac. I used to have these things called roommates. One of them, and I don't know which one or I would return it, forgot to take their Fleetwood Mac album with them when we stopped being roommates. I'm sure that's the explanation for your Huey Lewis cassette. I haven't burned the 'Rumors' album though. I view it as a curiosity piece. I've never played it though.
I love the Rumors album! (OZZIE4DUKE)

:)) :)) =)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.