Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Chat room name -- The poll

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2009, 9:22 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Wear what? My non-existent t-shirt? =)) =)) =)) AFAIK, none of the women have asked me to go topless... #:-s #:-s :-o :-o =)) =)) :(( :((
We have to ask? :)) :)) :)) :))
PLEAZZZZEEEEE, ASK!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o Reminds me of a story I heard about, :-? :-? :-? I think at that place over yonder (flash back!!! :D ) when you ran necked (I think in K'ville)..... (shall I continue ???)
I've never struck K-ville. I did, however, streak twice in February 1974. The first, on a Thursday night, there were ~200 students who struck. I was interviewed by the Chronicle afterward (I did put my shorts back on before we went up to their office) and he asked me if there would be another streak on Friday night. It took me about a nanosecond to answer yes. Second question was "would women streak too?" and I said sure, why not? Well, after classes and lunch on Friday I thought it might be nice to advertise the streak I had "scheduled" for later that night. I went to one of the computer terminals scattered around campus (remember, this is 1974 and to use a computer, which was housed at TUCC (Triangle University Computer Center) somewhere in the RTP, and to write a program you typed your code into a machine that spit out a punch card. Next to the terminal was a dot matrix printer which had 17" wide paper. I got some scrap paper (OK, it was unused, but after I wrote on it it was scrap) and started making up signs. After several iterations of what to say, the final version was
First annual
coed come as you are
streak on the main quad at 1 AM!
and I put those up all over west campus. Even on a car belonging to WRDU (Channel 28 in Durham). I later called the TV station and finagled an interview on the 11 pm news that night. I was interviewed as a blacked out silhouette to protect my identity. Lou Bello, who did the sports during the broadcast, ending his segment by saying "Streak on!" Also, I was doing the 10:00 pm sports report on the campus radio station, at that time WDBS. I pre-recorded a preview of the streak, saying I had gotten the information from and informed source, which was me of course :D It was the last time I did the late night sports for WDBS. Hey, if you can't take a joke, ...

Anyway, at 1 a.m., there were many hundreds of people milling around the main quad. You must remember that this was a time of great apathy on campus. To see that I had motivated that many people to come out on a cold (~28F) February night to either participate or watch was very inspirational. We gatherer around the JB Duke statue, and at 1 I dropped trow, as did hundreds of other folks. We ran around the the main quad, down towards the clock tower, then down towards the old hospital entrance, back to the bus station and down to the traffic circle. From there we ran to Hanes House (at the time the undergrad nurses' dorm). Someone produced a key card and when they handed it to me we ran into the lobby and around the first three floors of Hanes. Ask my wife or Mrs. DD - they were there, huddled inside their rooms with the doors locked, scared to death. My future wife's roommate was in a ladies room, and she stood on a toilet seat to "hide" the entire time =)) After we left Hanes, we ran through the woods back towards west campus, and it was at this time that someone did a count. We had 623 streakers, and this was after running about a mile and a half. There were probably many more who had dropped out by this time, but for one night Duke held the record for the highest number of streakers on a college campus. It was broken the next night somewhere in California, but they had much nicer weather... For those of us who ran the whole way, we estimated we ran about 2 1/2 miles in the 28 degree weather. And yes, there were about a dozen women who joined in. One was a rush date I had had the year before, and all I could say to her was "now you get naked?" =)) =))

A good time was had by all, nobody got hurt, and I didn't get kicked out of school. But it was suggested by Dean Douthat that I "not do it again"... :D

That's my official story, and I'm sticking to it!

I do not plan to streak on Saturday at Brunchgate. Nor at Tilly's party on the 19th. Sorry to disappoint the ladies :D
Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE on September 2nd, 2009, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 9:26 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I do not plan to streak on Saturday at Brunchgate. Or at Till's party on the 19th. Sorry to disappoint the ladies :D
In that case, the party is canceled since the entertainment refuses to entertain.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2009, 9:28 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I do not plan to streak on Saturday at Brunchgate. Or at Till's party on the 19th. Sorry to disappoint the ladies :D
In that case, the party is canceled since the entertainment refuses to entertain.

Well, if Mrs Ozzie doesn't come, and you ply me with lots and lots of Bud Light... :ymdevil:

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 9:31 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Well, if Mrs Ozzie doesn't come, and you ply me with lots and lots of Bud Light... :ymdevil:
A. There won't be any bud light as this is a classy affair.

B. I don't have enough money to buy the amount of bud light to ply you with.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2009, 9:35 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I do not plan to streak on Saturday at Brunchgate. Or at Till's party on the 19th. Sorry to disappoint the ladies :D

Make up your mind, Madam President. Do you or do you not want me to streak at your party? :)) :)) :)) :))

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 9:45 pm

If not nekked how about a SPEEDO
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:53 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"quote="TillyGalore""I do not plan to streak on Saturday at Brunchgate. Or at Till's party on the 19th. Sorry to disappoint the ladies :D"/quote"

Make up your mind, Madam President. Do you or do you not want me to streak at your party? :)) :)) :)) :))
Hey, I have a case in my GEEEE-RAGE!!!! Not that I am encouraging you or anything but just saying..... :D sounds like a fun time and the PICS.... OMG....!!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:53 pm

windsor wrote:If not nekked how about a SPEEDO
:-? :-? :-? That might require DD to wear his spandex!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 2nd, 2009, 10:04 pm

Not that we're off topic or anything, but I must add: OZZIE ROCKS!!!!!! I love that story!! Bjorn- how about a streaking smiley? :-?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 2nd, 2009, 10:08 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Went to the dentist today. I haven't been in about three years. I used to go very regularly, but when we moved I had to find a new dentist and what with the baby and all, it's been a low priority. I was worried about the news, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I do need to floss more.

Anyone on here actually a regular flosser?
I floss daily.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 2nd, 2009, 10:12 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I'm embarrassed to be surrounded by such great flossers..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I didn't guilt-floss. Once I fall out of flossing for a long time, I never go back, I figure it's probably already too late to catch back up. I did brush late this morning, if only to be polite and get rid of a bit of the morning coffee breath.
I like to floss with mint-flavored dental tape.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 2nd, 2009, 10:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:Even the pirate flosses! :ar!
No, he doesn't. :oops:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2009, 10:36 pm

DukePA wrote:Not that we're off topic or anything, but I must add: OZZIE ROCKS!!!!!! I love that story!! Bjorn- how about a streaking smiley? :-?
Hey! I resemble that remark :ymdevil:

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 10:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"quote="OZZIE4DUKE""Wear what? My non-existent t-shirt? =)) =)) =)) AFAIK, none of the women have asked me to go topless... #:-s #:-s :-o :-o =)) =)) :(( :(("/quote"

We have to ask? :)) :)) :)) :))
PLEAZZZZEEEEE, ASK!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o Reminds me of a story I heard about, :-? :-? :-? I think at that place over yonder (flash back!!! :D ) when you ran necked (I think in K'ville)..... (shall I continue ???)
I've never struck K-ville. I did, however, streak twice in February 1974. The first, on a Thursday night, there were ~200 students who struck. I was interviewed by the Chronicle afterward (I did put my shorts back on before we went up to their office) and he asked me if there would be another streak on Friday night. It took me about a nanosecond to answer yes. Second question was "would women streak too?" and I said sure, why not? Well, after classes and lunch on Friday I thought it might be nice to advertise the streak I had "scheduled" for later that night. I went to one of the computer terminals scattered around campus (remember, this is 1974 and to use a computer, which was housed at TUCC (Triangle University Computer Center) somewhere in the RTP, and to write a program you typed your code into a machine that spit out a punch card. Next to the terminal was a dot matrix printer which had 17" wide paper. I got some scrap paper (OK, it was unused, but after I wrote on it it was scrap) and started making up signs. After several iterations of what to say, the final version was
First annual
coed come as you are
streak on the main quad at 1 AM!
and I put those up all over west campus. Even on a car belonging to WRDU (Channel 28 in Durham). I later called the TV station and finagled an interview on the 11 pm news that night. I was interviewed as a blacked out silhouette to protect my identity. Lou Bello, who did the sports during the broadcast, ending his segment by saying "Streak on!" Also, I was doing the 10:00 pm sports report on the campus radio station, at that time WDBS. I pre-recorded a preview of the streak, saying I had gotten the information from and informed source, which was me of course :D It was the last time I did the late night sports for WDBS. Hey, if you can't take a joke, ...

Anyway, at 1 a.m., there were many hundreds of people milling around the main quad. You must remember that this was a time of great apathy on campus. To see that I had motivated that many people to come out on a cold (~28F) February night to either participate or watch was very inspirational. We gatherer around the JB Duke statue, and at 1 I dropped trow, as did hundreds of other folks. We ran around the the main quad, down towards the clock tower, then down towards the old hospital entrance, back to the bus station and down to the traffic circle. From there we ran to Hanes House (at the time the undergrad nurses' dorm). Someone produced a key card and when they handed it to me we ran into the lobby and around the first three floors of Hanes. Ask my wife or Mrs. DD - they were there, huddled inside their rooms with the doors locked, scared to death. My future wife's roommate was in a ladies room, and she stood on a toilet seat to "hide" the entire time =)) After we left Hanes, we ran through the woods back towards west campus, and it was at this time that someone did a count. We had 623 streakers, and this was after running about a mile and a half. There were probably many more who had dropped out by this time, but for one night Duke held the record for the highest number of streakers on a college campus. It was broken the next night somewhere in California, but they had much nicer weather... For those of us who ran the whole way, we estimated we ran about 2 1/2 miles in the 28 degree weather. And yes, there were about a dozen women who joined in. One was a rush date I had had the year before, and all I could say to her was "now you get naked?" =)) =))

A good time was had by all, nobody got hurt, and I didn't get kicked out of school. But it was suggested by Dean Douthat that I "not do it again"... :D

That's my official story, and I'm sticking to it!

I do not plan to streak on Saturday at Brunchgate. Nor at Tilly's party on the 19th. Sorry to disappoint the ladies :D
Damn, I love the story also!!!!! Brings back memories as I am sure it does for many others!!!! Thanks for sharing, stud!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: I am still bringing my case because I have faith!!!!! :D :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 2nd, 2009, 10:42 pm

My sides are spliting from :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 10:55 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Even the pirate flosses! :ar!
No, he doesn't. :oops:
Is that why most pirates/merchants/mercenaries from Tai-Pan and Shogun have rotten teeth? :oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 10:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

TMI
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 10:59 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I

TMI
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 10:59 pm

Again: TMI
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 11:00 pm

cl15876 wrote:
:-? :-? :-? That might require DD to wear his spandex!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Simply, no.