Milestones

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Milestones

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 10th, 2010, 9:12 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:4000!!!!!
To celebrate this milestone, and a nice start to the new year, I’m writing this as I sip on a Dogfish Head 120, courtesy of 8-X . (Thanks!) Four thousand posts here on Crazietalk…I’m sure at least 20 of them were meaningful, and I’m sure at least 3,990 of them were enjoyable to write.
4000 comes at a really nice time for me as I’m taking advantage of the new year to really step up my efforts into making CTN a better site for all of us. Crazietalk is of course as good as it is because of everyone who posts and gives our site the family feel it has, but it’s easy to get complacent and too comfy. I love procrastination, if I could make money at putting stuff off, I’d be rich. So now and then I have to twist my own arm, get off the couch and see what I can do to help us be better. For the next couple of weeks that’s what I’m going to be up to, so when the time comes to post #5000 it will happen on a crazietalk that is the same but better.
I’m not going to write much more for this milestone post for one reason. While I do see this as an exciting moment, it’s only one in many I’ve been able to share with everyone, and it’s only a small one compared to the several more I know will come. No sense in dwelling on the present, on with the future!!!!!
congtats!!!! \:d/ :dance: :-BD ^:)^ :violin:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 10th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Congrats to CB&B!!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 11th, 2010, 12:47 am

Since this is post# 1900 for me, here are a few interesting events that took place that year:

Queen Victoria continued to reign in Britain in what was, perhaps, the country's most glorious era (she even made a rare visit to London that year but would die in 2001).

The Labour Party was formed in Britain. Although it would be years before they managed to be voted into power (I wrote an interesting PhD paper on the demise of the Liberal Party and the rise of the Labour Party is anyone is foolish enough to be interested in reading it ;) ) they have systematically managed to fuck up the country more and more every time they've been voted in (I am praying that they are soundly defeated in this year's election).

A bunch of shit happened during that whole Boer War thingy down in South Africa (including the Siege of Mafeking).

Reginald Fessenden, a Canadian inventor (contrary to popular belief he was not American), made the first wireless radio broadcast on December 23 near Washington D.C.

Other stuff happened too but I can't be bothered going through it all as I've got to get back to playing Army of Two.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 11th, 2010, 8:38 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:4000!!!!!
To celebrate this milestone, and a nice start to the new year, I’m writing this as I sip on a Dogfish Head 120, courtesy of 8-X . (Thanks!) Four thousand posts here on Crazietalk…I’m sure at least 20 of them were meaningful, and I’m sure at least 3,990 of them were enjoyable to write.
4000 comes at a really nice time for me as I’m taking advantage of the new year to really step up my efforts into making CTN a better site for all of us. Crazietalk is of course as good as it is because of everyone who posts and gives our site the family feel it has, but it’s easy to get complacent and too comfy. I love procrastination, if I could make money at putting stuff off, I’d be rich. So now and then I have to twist my own arm, get off the couch and see what I can do to help us be better. For the next couple of weeks that’s what I’m going to be up to, so when the time comes to post #5000 it will happen on a crazietalk that is the same but better.
I’m not going to write much more for this milestone post for one reason. While I do see this as an exciting moment, it’s only one in many I’ve been able to share with everyone, and it’s only a small one compared to the several more I know will come. No sense in dwelling on the present, on with the future!!!!!
Congrats Professor CB&B!!!! Onward and upward towards being endowed!!!! :-BD :-BD :-BD ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 11th, 2010, 9:16 am

colchar wrote:Since this is post# 1900 for me, here are a few interesting events that took place that year:

Queen Victoria continued to reign in Britain in what was, perhaps, the country's most glorious era (she even made a rare visit to London that year but would die in 2001).
Oops!
Victoria (Alexandrina Victoria; 24 May 1819 – 22 January 1901)
That's like the Nissan service letter I got in '00 for my 1900 Nissan Maxima!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 11th, 2010, 9:18 am

You children have WAYYYYY too much time on your hands!
I :Heartthrob: you, though!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 11th, 2010, 1:52 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:Since this is post# 1900 for me, here are a few interesting events that took place that year:

Oops!
Victoria (Alexandrina Victoria; 24 May 1819 – 22 January 1901)
That's like the Nissan service letter I got in '00 for my 1900 Nissan Maxima!

That was a pretty good fuck up on my part wasn't it? My excuse is that I was distracted thinking about getting back to my video game.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 12th, 2010, 6:26 pm

The Labour Party was formed in Britain. Although it would be years before they managed to be voted into power (I wrote an interesting PhD paper on the demise of the Liberal Party and the rise of the Labour Party is anyone is foolish enough to be interested in reading it ;) ) they have systematically managed to fuck up the country more and more every time they've been voted in (I am praying that they are soundly defeated in this year's election).

A bunch of shit happened during that whole Boer War thingy down in South Africa (including the Siege of Mafeking).

Reginald Fessenden, a Canadian inventor (contrary to popular belief he was not American), made the first wireless radio broadcast on December 23 near Washington D.C.

Other stuff happened too but I can't be bothered going through it all as I've got to get back to playing Army of Two.
Perhaps it would be of passing interest to you to know that I am related to Queen Victoria. You may conduct yourself accordingly.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 12th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: Perhaps it would be of passing interest to you to know that I am related to Queen Victoria. You may conduct yourself accordingly.
I can see the resemblance! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 12th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:

Perhaps it would be of passing interest to you to know that I am related to Queen Victoria.
Pardon?!?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 12th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Perhaps it would be of passing interest to you to know that I am related to Queen Victoria. You may conduct yourself accordingly.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 12th, 2010, 11:35 pm

^:)^ ^:)^
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 13th, 2010, 1:37 am

devildeac wrote:

^:)^ ^:)^
:-o ^:)^ :twitch: ^:)^
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 13th, 2010, 8:13 am

Closing in on 50K posts...

Just sayin'...

Don't get any ideas, Ymo... :))
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 13th, 2010, 11:09 am

devildeac wrote:Closing in on 50K posts...

Just sayin'...

Oh boy.
Just wait until 10/10/10
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 13th, 2010, 10:45 pm

Rolvix wrote:

Just sayin'...

Oh boy.
Just wait until 10/10/10
binary explosion...
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 13th, 2010, 11:33 pm

devildeac wrote:
Rolvix wrote:

Just sayin'...

Oh boy.
Just wait until 10/10/10
binary explosion...
The boards will probably overload.
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 13th, 2010, 11:38 pm

35 users tonight at 1030PM, a new record. :clap:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 13th, 2010, 11:43 pm

devildeac wrote:35 users tonight at 1030PM, a new record. :clap:
probably 30 guests...hmmmmmm B-)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 15th, 2010, 9:36 am

I'm on a roll (no, not Kaiser or torpedo). Hope you've got plans for the next professorial designation...
:think: :whistle: