Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 20th, 2020, 6:07 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 5:05 pm
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 4:52 pm
Pundits are postulating (terrible band name) that Trump is going to literally be shouting over his muted mic.
If I were Biden, I would prepare for that. I would bring one of the foam earplugs, and if he pulls something like that, I would make a big show of ostentatiously rolling it up and inserting it into only the ear facing Trump, and then carrying on (to the extent it is possible) as if he were not in the room. If it's not possible for him to ignore something like that, I would plug both ears during my "uninterrupted" time and just listen to the sound of my own talking.
Sorry if I've said this already, but if I were Biden, I would write on a big piece of paper the current number of COVID deaths and hold it up while Trump is ranting. Then periodically increase the number to show that people are dying while Trump is mindlessly babbling. And at some point, he should just mic drop and leave the stage. I'm sure that Biden has a planned response, particularly to Hunter comments. It would be political malpractice not to.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 20th, 2020, 10:20 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
Pundits are postulating (terrible band name) that Trump is going to literally be shouting over his muted mic.
If I were Biden, I would prepare for that. I would bring one of the foam earplugs, and if he pulls something like that, I would make a big show of ostentatiously rolling it up and inserting it into only the ear facing Trump, and then carrying on (to the extent it is possible) as if he were not in the room. If it's not possible for him to ignore something like that, I would plug both ears during my "uninterrupted" time and just listen to the sound of my own talking.
That'd be forever classic. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » October 20th, 2020, 11:00 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 6:07 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
Sorry if I've said this already, but if I were Biden, I would write on a big piece of paper the current number of COVID deaths and hold it up while Trump is ranting. Then periodically increase the number to show that people are dying while Trump is mindlessly babbling. And at some point, he should just mic drop and leave the stage. I'm sure that Biden has a planned response, particularly to Hunter comments. It would be political malpractice not to.
Brilliant idea!!
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » October 20th, 2020, 11:02 pm

dudog wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 11:51 pm
C'mon you two, stop teasing. Let's see it. :pray: (closest emoji I could find to pleeeze)
Yes. We need to see it...
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 20th, 2020, 11:26 pm

CnC, wha'ppen?
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 20th, 2020, 11:50 pm

dudog wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 11:26 pm
CnC, wha'ppen?
Sorry - I've been busy with work, kids, etc. For those who are interested, I just replied to Mattman privately and I appreciate him reaching out. I still disagree with the nature of his post but I'm not one to hold a grudge.

I assume you are referring to my two day ban OY? I probably went a bit overboard and already had some points, though I think the ban was not reasonable. I followed up on Jason's post about Trump bashing 60 Minutes saying that was a bad move (he left that part up). I then added that he took a flamethrower to all things normal, decent and good in this country and that might not go over well with seniors, and that this particularly didn't make sense given that he was born on third base and had lived a good life, so why is he so angry about the status quo. I guess saying that Trump ruined everything good could be considered a bit partisan, but that's how it feels.

I liked the way this country was prior to Trump. I admit that I live a very privileged life and it was not great for everyone. But I got to where I am through the blood, sweat and tears of myself and my family. And I am not nearly as privileged as all of Trump's millionaire buddies. But to just delegitimize everything this country was built on and believed in and throw the nation into constant chaos is just something I cannot deal with. As Bob Dylan said, if you ain't got nothing, you ain't got nothing to lose - I kind of see why those who don't have much have nothing to lose by shaking things up a bit. But for the rest of America, I just don't get it.

So I'm now on TO for two days. I got in one last good post right before I got whacked. Trump paid $150k of taxes to China while he was paying nothing here. That's great.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2020, 12:03 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 11:50 pm
For those who are interested, I just replied to Mattman privately and I appreciate him reaching out. I still disagree with the nature of his post but I'm not one to hold a grudge.
:ymapplause: ^:)^
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2020, 12:06 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
Trump paid $150k of taxes to China while he was paying nothing here. That's great.
I think that might come up in the debate almost as much as Hunter Biden.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » October 21st, 2020, 7:43 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
dudog wrote:
CnC, wha'ppen?
Sorry - I've been busy with work, kids, etc. For those who are interested, I just replied to Mattman privately and I appreciate him reaching out. I still disagree with the nature of his post but I'm not one to hold a grudge.

I assume you are referring to my two day ban OY? I probably went a bit overboard and already had some points, though I think the ban was not reasonable. I followed up on Jason's post about Trump bashing 60 Minutes saying that was a bad move (he left that part up). I then added that he took a flamethrower to all things normal, decent and good in this country and that might not go over well with seniors, and that this particularly didn't make sense given that he was born on third base and had lived a good life, so why is he so angry about the status quo. I guess saying that Trump ruined everything good could be considered a bit partisan, but that's how it feels.

I liked the way this country was prior to Trump. I admit that I live a very privileged life and it was not great for everyone. But I got to where I am through the blood, sweat and tears of myself and my family. And I am not nearly as privileged as all of Trump's millionaire buddies. But to just delegitimize everything this country was built on and believed in and throw the nation into constant chaos is just something I cannot deal with. As Bob Dylan said, if you ain't got nothing, you ain't got nothing to lose - I kind of see why those who don't have much have nothing to lose by shaking things up a bit. But for the rest of America, I just don't get it.

So I'm now on TO for two days. I got in one last good post right before I got whacked. Trump paid $150k of taxes to China while he was paying nothing here. That's great.
That’s part of the difficulty posting OY. Trump IS an arsonist, and he IS the most put-upon billionaire imaginable. He IS willing to destroy every institution that keeps our nation together for his own personal gains. He is so far outside the norms that you can’t talk about him in normal terms.

It is hard to speak in a nonpartisan manner when both tribes have their own reality. When I say something about Obama, and the reply involves him being a Kenyan-born secret Muslim, well — there really is no meaningful dialogue possible.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 21st, 2020, 8:56 am

OPK wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 7:43 am
That’s part of the difficulty posting OY. Trump IS an arsonist, and he IS the most put-upon billionaire imaginable. He IS willing to destroy every institution that keeps our nation together for his own personal gains. He is so far outside the norms that you can’t talk about him in normal terms.

It is hard to speak in a nonpartisan manner when both tribes have their own reality. When I say something about Obama, and the reply involves him being a Kenyan-born secret Muslim, well — there really is no meaningful dialogue possible.
My big problem is: He is just one deranged (literally) person. What the hell is with the rest of the Republican Party?

I will never have respect for any of them again. They can all come back as dung beetles. Or to paraphrase Buck Dharma, if they really think we're the devil, then let's send 'em to hell.

I WANT a robust conservative party. In my eyes, the Republicans can never reclaim that. They're just one racist demagogue away from the same ol' song. I've never been a "proud" Democrat until recently. I became proud when Bernie tried to take over the Party and the Party coalesced around Joe and said "Nope, sorry". The Democrats would NEVER support a person like Trump, even if that person promised to deliver some of their policy positions. Because they are just fundamentally decent people. Some may have some screwy ideas, but at their core they are decent.

My hope is that the Lincoln Project type Republicans form an offshoot and these Trumpists wither and die on the vine. But that's gonna take a while, and I hope the Democrats don't screw things up in the meantime.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 21st, 2020, 9:07 am

OPK wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 7:43 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
dudog wrote:
CnC, wha'ppen?

Exactly. I refuse to normalize his behavior for the sake of a non-partisan discussion. I admit that I likely went a bit overboard, but I still insist on looking at the world via a lens of 2014, not the $hitshow he has turned it into now where the president can say whatever he wants and no one seems to care. So while I understand that we don't need to harp on that, we also can't just say "gee whiz, Trump did something, no one is going to care so it's not going to move the horse race and the almighty polls, let's move on!" We need to have some kind of a national intervention to reverse brianwash all of those who blindly follow him and think that his behavior is OK. Shutting down Fox News for a month might be a good start.

I mean he didn't ruin everything good. I just had a really good chocolate donut for breakfast.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2020, 9:08 am

dudog wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 8:56 am

I WANT a robust conservative party. In my eyes, the Republicans can never reclaim that. They're just one racist demagogue away from the same ol' song. I've never been a "proud" Democrat until recently. I became proud when Bernie tried to take over the Party and the Party coalesced around Joe and said "Nope, sorry". The Democrats would NEVER support a person like Trump, even if that person promised to deliver some of their policy positions. Because they are just fundamentally decent people. Some may have some screwy ideas, but at their core they are decent.

My hope is that the Lincoln Project type Republicans form an offshoot and these Trumpists wither and die on the vine. But that's gonna take a while, and I hope the Democrats don't screw things up in the meantime.
I was listening to an interview with Steve Schmidt last night, and he basically thinks the only way the current GOP is going to save themselves is if every one of the current crew of Trump enablers is gone. He noted that even when Trump is gone, the damage has been done, as they are now fully accepting of the Q-Anon crowd and other conspiracists. That genie isn't going back in the bottle. While Trump is the one that made it happen, it's not going to fade away with his disappearance.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » October 21st, 2020, 11:21 am

October 21st, 2020, 9:08 am
I was listening to an interview with Steve Schmidt last night, and he basically thinks the only way the current GOP is going to save themselves is if every one of the current crew of Trump enablers is gone. He noted that even when Trump is gone, the damage has been done, as they are now fully accepting of the Q-Anon crowd and other conspiracists. That genie isn't going back in the bottle. While Trump is the one that made it happen, it's not going to fade away with his disappearance.
I see the two bolded statements as opposites, and I think the first of them is the one that is correct. As dudog said, "What the hell is with the rest of the Republican party?" They could have smacked him back whenever they decided they'd had enough. But too much was never too much. It still isn't, as McConnell talks about killing stimulus to get ACB jammed through. It is literally OK with them to have people go hungry as long as they get their SCOTUS pick. And it's not just McConnell, either. It's all the people in the halls of the Senate who claim not to have seen the latest tweet, or who say that POTUS is "just joking" when there's not a smile in sight. Just yesterday, the White House Chief of Staff signed under penalty of perjury a declaration to a federal court that Trump's tweets declassifying the Mueller report were bullshit.

And 40% of the country thinks this is OK. This problem goes WAY beyond one actor. Enablers pervade our daily life.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 21st, 2020, 2:34 pm

What more do you need?!?!? Mel Brooks endorses Joe!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebr ... li=BBnbfcL
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm

dudog wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 2:34 pm

Biden gets a Harrumph! :happy-bouncyblue:
dudog

Post by dudog » October 21st, 2020, 3:17 pm

October 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm
dudog wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 2:34 pm

Biden gets a Harrumph! :happy-bouncyblue:
:ymapplause:

It's good to be the king.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 21st, 2020, 4:06 pm

Interesting article in the NY TImes about how some suburban Atlanta voters are supporting Trump because they believe what they have heard about Biden supporting defunding the police and think there will be anarchy under him.

I wish Biden had been able to put a big muzzle on AOC and the squad at the start of the year. Whoever coined the phrase "Defund the police" was really not using their brain. And unfortunately Biden gets linked to any idea that comes from anyone even distantly related to the Democratic party - Trump does a really good job of that. Biden has done a better job than I would have expected about disassociating himself from a lot of these views, but it clearly doesn't work well enough. And these voters are not able to realize that Democrats are not solely responsible for any violence that happens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/us/p ... e=Homepage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2020, 5:21 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 4:06 pm
Interesting article in the NY TImes about how some suburban Atlanta voters are supporting Trump because they believe what they have heard about Biden supporting defunding the police and think there will be anarchy under him.

I wish Biden had been able to put a big muzzle on AOC and the squad at the start of the year. Whoever coined the phrase "Defund the police" was really not using their brain. And unfortunately Biden gets linked to any idea that comes from anyone even distantly related to the Democratic party - Trump does a really good job of that. Biden has done a better job than I would have expected about disassociating himself from a lot of these views, but it clearly doesn't work well enough. And these voters are not able to realize that Democrats are not solely responsible for any violence that happens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/us/p ... e=Homepage
It's so weird what voters buy into. I heard an interview on NPR the other day with a woman that had voted Trump in 2016, but has been really turned off by him since. However, she says she will probably vote for him again, because even though she thinks Biden would be better at the job, she "doesn't want to turn in to a socialist". And the way she said those words in quotes, you could tell, she totally believed that was her destiny.
It reminded me of being at a client's house in the fall of 2008, and the wife of the couple telling me she could not vote for Obama because "he is going to institute a Gestapo."
The power of fear is amazing.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 21st, 2020, 5:56 pm

Think of how stupid the average person is. And then realize that half the country is dumber than that.

Explains a lot, don't it? (or should that be, doesn't it? :D )
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2020, 6:02 pm

POW!!!!!

Barack Obama is hitting the ball wayyyyy outta the park in Philly for Biden tonight. And he's setting up all of Joe's talking points for tomorrow night.