The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 17th, 2013, 8:20 am

Good morning! Game day! ~O)

It is forecast to start snowing in the Triangle about 6 pm. Ground temps are warm, so whether or not it sticks will depend on how hard it snows. Game time is 9 pm. We could go into Cameron with wet ground and come out with a couple of inches on the ground! Driving home will be fun in either event. NOT!

Let's Go DUKE! Beat the Yellow Jackets! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 17th, 2013, 8:27 am

Good Morning! LGD! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Ozzie there are a whole bunch of tents outside CIS - maybe you could get a spot for the night if the roads are too bad! You know a line monitor - bet he'd help out! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 17th, 2013, 8:28 am

IowaDevil wrote:Good Morning! LGD! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Ozzie there are a whole bunch of tents outside CIS - maybe you could get a spot for the night if the roads are too bad! You know a line monitor - bet he'd help out! :D
Ooo! I've never done that! But I'd rather wait for a nice warm, dry night ;) But as a third or fourth option, not bad! :9f:

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 17th, 2013, 8:32 am

ur4i43i4uu3uu54u395ryefudufiderer dfererir65u65 ruth :wizard: :D :) :D :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :duke:

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2013, 9:30 am

Good morning. Years ago, we were playing uva. It started snowing before the 2nd half. We won!! When we left Cameron, the roads were covered. You couldn't tell the difference between the ground and the roads. It was a long 20 miles home.

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: LGD :duke: :duke: :duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 17th, 2013, 10:18 am

I remember driving back from Greensboro to Durham in a foot of snow. It was ACC Championship Sunday...we won. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 17th, 2013, 10:30 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I remember driving back from Greensboro to Durham in a foot of snow. It was ACC Championship Sunday...we won. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
I'm thinking that was March 1980. I had just moved to Smithfield that fall (October 1979), and my fraternity brother, Easy John, lived in Kernersville (between Greensboro and Winston Salem). We went to the ACC Tourney Friday afternoon game hoping to get tickets from a scalper, but none were to be found. So we went to the store, bought a case of beer and snacks, and went back to his apartment to watch on TV. My wife and her family (her mom, dad and younger sisters, in his station wagon) were to drive to Williamsburg on Friday evening for the weekend while I spent it with Easy watching the tourney. When I woke up on Saturday morning, there was a foot of snow on the ground. The farther east you went, the deeper the snowfall. Raleigh had about 18". Elizabeth City had 26". I was happily snowed in in Kernersville, and watched Duke win the ACC Tourney. Oh, Mrs. Ozzie got as far up I-95 as Rocky Mount, before her dad turned the station wagon around and went back to Smithfield. :9f:

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2013, 10:38 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Ooo! I've never done that! But I'd rather wait for a nice warm, dry night ;) But as a third or fourth option, not bad! :9f:
Maybe you could borrow a dorm room from one of the kids sleeping out.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2013, 10:39 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:ur4i43i4uu3uu54u395ryefudufiderer dfererir65u65 ruth :wizard: :D :) :D :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :duke:
Hi Ruthie! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 17th, 2013, 10:41 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Maybe you could borrow a dorm room from one of the kids sleeping out.... :9f:
I like that idea better! If my fraternity hadn't been kicked out in 1999 by Nan, I could sleep in their commons room on a couch. I certainly did that on any number of Homecoming weekends back in the 80's and early 90's ... ;)

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2013, 10:48 am

Harrumph.

Still raining here. Supposed to begin to snow around 3. :9f:

LGD!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2013, 10:49 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: Maybe you could borrow a dorm room from one of the kids sleeping out.... :9f:
I like that idea better! If my fraternity hadn't been kicked out in 1999 by Nan, I could sleep in their commons room on a couch. I certainly did that on any number of Homecoming weekends back in the 80's and early 90's ... ;)
That's a pity. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 17th, 2013, 10:53 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:ur4i43i4uu3uu54u395ryefudufiderer dfererir65u65 ruth :wizard: :D :) :D :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :duke:
Good morning Ruthie! :ymhug: :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 17th, 2013, 10:59 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I remember driving back from Greensboro to Durham in a foot of snow. It was ACC Championship Sunday...we won. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
I'm thinking that was March 1980. I had just moved to Smithfield that fall (October 1979), and my fraternity brother, Easy John, lived in Kernersville (between Greensboro and Winston Salem). We went to the ACC Tourney Friday afternoon game hoping to get tickets from a scalper, but none were to be found. So we went to the store, bought a case of beer and snacks, and went back to his apartment to watch on TV. My wife and her family (her mom, dad and younger sisters, in his station wagon) were to drive to Williamsburg on Friday evening for the weekend while I spent it with Easy watching the tourney. When I woke up on Saturday morning, there was a foot of snow on the ground. The farther east you went, the deeper the snowfall. Raleigh had about 18". Elizabeth City had 26". I was happily snowed in in Kernersville, and watched Duke win the ACC Tourney. Oh, Mrs. Ozzie got as far up I-95 as Rocky Mount, before her dad turned the station wagon around and went back to Smithfield. :9f:
Yes, Duke beat Marlyand. Gene Banks fainted at the end of the game and my dad was there courtside to check him out. He had to take off his sweatbands to take his pulse. I had those sweatbands a very long time. Thanks for throwing those out, mom! X(
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 17th, 2013, 2:48 pm

I'm thinking back to a game with UVA during the Sampson era. No snow predicted. It was really hot in Cameron. I think we only won by a point or two. Then we all filed out to a surprise-snow-blanketed parking lot. All the covered up cars looked just alike and it was mass confusion since folks couldn't remember exactly which spots they had parked in. The temp had dropped dramatically. (Or maybe Cameron had just sucked all heat out of the air outside.) But, the ground was icy slick.

That was the night the OP had me get into the way back of the station wagon for "ballast". I've never forgiven him for that one. /:) what a Smart -A!!

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 17th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I'm thinking back to a game with UVA during the Sampson era. No snow predicted. It was really hot in Cameron. I think we only won by a point or two. Then we all filed out to a surprise-snow-blanketed parking lot. All the covered up cars looked just alike and it was mass confusion since folks couldn't remember exactly which spots they had parked in. The temp had dropped dramatically. (Or maybe Cameron had just sucked all heat out of the air outside.) But, the ground was icy slick.

That was the night the OP had me get into the way back of the station wagon for "ballast". I've never forgiven him for that one. /:)
Love, Ima
We never beat Ralph Sampson. We were 0 for his career at Virginia. X(

I know there was one game in the mid 80's that I didn't go to because of the snow storm. The entire CIS was populated with students, almost no season ticket holders ventured out. I think that game was against Clemson.

Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » January 18th, 2013, 5:41 am

Good morning, speaking of snow, it snowed last night in Norfolk. I hate snow or more specifically I hate driving when it has snowed. There is at least a foot of snow outside (okay it is only an inch). The commute to work is going to have to wait until after the sun comes up.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 18th, 2013, 7:44 am

Good morning, I'm starting off the day by getting a flat tire fixed. And looking at pictures of Mason getting attacked by a K hug.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 18th, 2013, 9:16 am

Good Morning! ~O)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 18th, 2013, 10:22 am

Good morning! The Commonwealth of VA is celebrating the birthdays of Robett E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.