Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NASCAR 2010

Post by YmoBeThere » September 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:At the same time, Menard pulls his car in with very little power remaining. So once again, Dinger looks like he'll win the battle of the C listers.

I've only got three starts left with Dinger so I decided to leave him on the bench tonight and went with Menard instead. Fuck.
OMG... KURT BUSCH STAYED OUT during the caution... HE HAS THE LEAD (at least for now).
Based on what went on with the Nationwide race, this was a bad call.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 6th, 2010, 12:41 am

Smoke wins, Edwards 2nd. JJ 3rd.

It was a MESS... Kahne got bumped, and then slid into Kurt Busch on the inside. SOMEHOW, Busch stayed alive and kept his car running. Kahne couldn't handle it after that point. Keselowski also had trouble, and brought out a caution.

Knights wins for the week. Congrats for winning one of the craziest weeks!

I had the lowest point tally this week, as BIFFLE hurt me but good. But I am still leading the race for second place... but Ymo is ready to take over that position.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 6th, 2010, 2:15 am

Lavabe wrote:
I had the lowest point tally this week

I took a real kicking this week too. It was a crazy week though.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2010, 7:34 am

Oh well, there is always baseball...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 6th, 2010, 1:23 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Oh well, there is always baseball...

I know not of this baseball of which you speak.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 10th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Bump, bump, bumpity, bump, bump!

Everyone remember to get their picks in for this week's race.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 11th, 2010, 9:20 pm

About halfway through the race, and I don't know how to read my choice of Blech over Hamlin. Hamlin had the lead for a bit, but Blech is now in 4th after starting in the 30s. Otherwise the BIG choice was colchar sticking with Dinger. Dinger hasn't moved out of the top 5 this whole race.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Lavabe wrote:About halfway through the race, and I don't know how to read my choice of Blech over Hamlin. Hamlin had the lead for a bit, but Blech is now in 4th after starting in the 30s. Otherwise the BIG choice was colchar sticking with Dinger. Dinger hasn't moved out of the top 5 this whole race.

But my picking Gordon over Kyle wasn't the greatest decision ever. I also picked Harvick over Newman but only two positions separate those two right now. Other than Gordon, all of my drivers are in the top ten for the moment. I don't expect that to last though.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 11th, 2010, 10:32 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:About halfway through the race, and I don't know how to read my choice of Blech over Hamlin. Hamlin had the lead for a bit, but Blech is now in 4th after starting in the 30s. Otherwise the BIG choice was colchar sticking with Dinger. Dinger hasn't moved out of the top 5 this whole race.

But my picking Gordon over Kyle wasn't the greatest decision ever. I also picked Harvick over Newman but only two positions separate those two right now. Other than Gordon, all of my drivers are in the top ten for the moment. I don't expect that to last though.
NO ONE else picked Dinger, which means the best anyone can do is 25th or so and 3 top 10s. You have three top 10's and an 18th. 18th is a lot better than 25th. If you remain with 3 in the top 10, you'll maintain your 300+ point lead, and maybe expand it to like 400+ points.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2010, 10:45 pm

I hadn't checked anyone else's picks (for some reason the Yahoo race site isn't loading well for me tonight) so didn't realize I was the only one who had picked Dinger.

I think I finished with three top tens and Gordon in twelfth.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 11th, 2010, 10:48 pm

I was too busy watching the Reds come from behind versus the Pirates. They aren't built to win in the playoffs, but at least they should make it there.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2010, 10:59 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I was too busy watching the Reds come from behind versus the Pirates. They aren't built to win in the playoffs, but at least they should make it there.

This post just made me realize how close the playoffs actually are!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 12th, 2010, 1:11 am

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:

NO ONE else picked Dinger, which means the best anyone can do is 25th or so and 3 top 10s. You have three top 10's and an 18th. 18th is a lot better than 25th. If you remain with 3 in the top 10, you'll maintain your 300+ point lead, and maybe expand it to like 400+ points.
The results are in, and colchar won this week by a substantial margin.
Congratulations to colchar!
He now leads in the overall standings by some 400+ points.
In simpler terms, he could take a week off, not make choices, and still have a comfortable lead.
We now enter the time of year when EVERYONE (except mph) generally has 2 or more drivers each with 3 or fewer selections remaining.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 12th, 2010, 2:47 am

Lavabe wrote: The results are in, and colchar won this week by a substantial margin.
Congratulations to colchar!
Thanks.
He now leads in the overall standings by some 400+ points.
In simpler terms, he could take a week off, not make choices, and still have a comfortable lead.
I fully expect that lead to shrink fairly quickly as it is getting tougher to pick drivers now that I am starting to run out of some of them (see below). There are ten weeks left and I'm going to have to start picking drivers that I have avoided picking thus far, especially from the B List.

We now enter the time of year when EVERYONE (except mph) generally has 2 or more drivers each with 3 or fewer selections remaining.
Here is how I am doing:

A List Drivers – one driver with two starts left; next lowest total is five remaining starts.

B List Drivers – one driver with one start left; three drivers with two starts left; two drivers with three starts left; next lowest total is six remaining starts.

C List Drivers – one driver with two starts left; one driver with three starts left; one driver with four starts left; next lowest total is seven remaining starts.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 12th, 2010, 6:16 am

colchar wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I was too busy watching the Reds come from behind versus the Pirates. They aren't built to win in the playoffs, but at least they should make it there.

colchar wrote:

Interesting =))
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 12th, 2010, 7:25 am

colchar wrote:Bump, bump, bumpity, bump, bump!

You mean :text-bump: ? :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 12th, 2010, 12:46 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
colchar wrote:

colchar wrote:

Interesting =))

I was referring to the time of year, not any interest in the playoffs (or baseball in general).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 14th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Bump, bump, bumpity, bump, bump!

— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 15th, 2010, 7:52 pm

colchar wrote:Bump, bump, bumpity, bump, bump!
There's a smilie that conveys this message:
:text-bump: :text-bump: :text-bump:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 16th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Who wins the Chase this year?