Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:39 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I'm getting ready to paint my toe nails.
What color?
Koala Berry
That's not a color!!!! That is an enticement for your cat to drag your ARSSSS off the bed and lay you out on the floor and look innocent! Mom,... paw, paw, paw, are YOU OKAY? :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm

cl15876 wrote: That's not a color!!!! That is an enticement for your cat to drag your ARSSSS off the bed and lay you out on the floor and look innocent! Mom,... paw, paw, paw, are YOU OKAY? :D

It IS a color, too! You need to take a look at the complete list of OPI colors: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 122AAkODxK. Sometimes, I've chosen a color simply because I liked the name. The names are clever and punny.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Time to go. What to do for dinner...
I made homemade pizza. This past weekend I made a batch of pizza dough in my bread machine, using the dough cycle (parmesan-herb. ymmm!) Whenever I do this, I generally pre-bake 6-8 individual size crusts and throw 'em in the freezer. Then, for a quick supper, I simply pull one out of the freezer, throw on whatever toppings I want, and throw it in the oven. Very simple, and very little work.

It was either that or bunches of fresh veggies. The pizza was less work. What can I say; I'm still recovering from some evil bug. (sinus infection? H1N1? a combo?)
AD - You'll have to post how you do that with the bread machine! My head is too tired right now to think about it, but I have a bread machine! The reason I asked, my X took the damn grain mill that I bought with the heavy industrial mixer which I used to make fresh bread and I have been contemplating taking the plunge of investing another 150 in the mill and about 300 in the mixer, but I love homemade bread and can whip it up in a heart beat from fresh grain (to make the fresh flour) and then walla I have presets for freezers also... but they include all the natural stuff without any tampering by the manufacturer AND I know it is FRESH and healthy!!!!! I will most likely contact the breadbeckers down in GA to get a new set, but I sure do miss being able to grind my own flour, make fresh muffins, make fresh bread, etc. etc. etc. ...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 24th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Go Ravens!
That is one of the more exciting things I have read on CT this evening... :oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:"quote="DukieInKansas""And one of them still comes across as a sanctimonious jerk. I stupidly let him get to me. Bad DinK, bad DinK. x_x"/quote"

Serenity now! Serenity now! (Come back to your happy place: CTN!) ;)
Thanks! I needed that. And maybe a glass of wine. I'm heading to the wine cabinet!
No wine for me. Darn antibiotics! :(
HEY, Wine works great with antibiotics!!!!! :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 24th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I'd love to have toenails again.
Too much running?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 24th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Go Ravens!
I keep looking for Eron Riley..no luck so far.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2009, 10:51 pm

cl15876 wrote:
AD - You'll have to post how you do that with the bread machine! My head is too tired right now to think about it, but I have a bread machine! The reason I asked, my X took the damn grain mill that I bought with the heavy industrial mixer which I used to make fresh bread and I have been contemplating taking the plunge of investing another 150 in the mill and about 300 in the mixer, but I love homemade bread and can whip it up in a heart beat from fresh grain (to make the fresh flour) and then walla I have presets for freezers also... but they include all the natural stuff without any tampering by the manufacturer AND I know it is FRESH and healthy!!!!! I will most likely contact the breadbeckers down in GA to get a new set, but I sure do miss being able to grind my own flour, make fresh muffins, make fresh bread, etc. etc. etc. ...
Is anyone else reminded of the story of The Little Red Hen?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 24th, 2009, 10:52 pm

17 on-line now. Not quite a record but darn close.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:55 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote: That's not a color!!!! That is an enticement for your cat to drag your ARSSSS off the bed and lay you out on the floor and look innocent! Mom,... paw, paw, paw, are YOU OKAY? :D

It IS a color, too! You need to take a look at the complete list of OPI colors: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 122AAkODxK. Sometimes, I've chosen a color simply because I liked the name. The names are clever and punny.
Well then, .... I am GLAD to show my ignorance to this new Chemistry Periodic Table Symbols! As Lavabee will attest to ... Chemistry was created for Ladies, BY Ladies, with Ladies in Mind, etc. etc. etc. Au comes to mind, amongst several others... so, now I ask what is the periodic table element name for a Koala Berry? :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Forgive me, but what is that story?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2009, 11:07 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Forgive me, but what is that story?
Here: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/storie ... hen/story/

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 25th, 2009, 1:37 am

cl15876 wrote: Braves = 8-| 8-| 8-| :-? :-? :-? 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} =; =; =; =; :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: ~x( ~x( ~x( :ymdaydream: ~x( :ymdaydream: ~x( :ymdaydream: ~x( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-( ^#(^ :| :|
Wow. You know me better than I thought you did.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 25th, 2009, 6:21 am

Quiet in here this morning
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2009, 6:21 am

Morning, all! :)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2009, 6:22 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Quiet in here this morning
and I thought I was going to get the first post of the morning...

Greetings, Ymo!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 25th, 2009, 6:24 am

Just before I leave for work, I'm reminded that the best way to hide an elephant in a strawberry patch is to paint it's toenails red.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2009, 6:28 am

captmojo wrote:Just before I leave for work, I'm reminded that the best way to hide an elephant in a strawberry patch is to paint it's toenails red.
Have you ever seen an elephant in a strawberry patch? No? Works pretty well, doesn't it? :D

(As an aside, proper usage would be 'its' rather than 'it's', correct? I seem to remember something about 'it's' being a conjunction for 'it is' and not used in the possessive sense. Is this correct? Does the question even make sense? Has this particular rule changed since my days in school?)
-- Albert Einstein
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 25th, 2009, 6:39 am

School starts today. :( :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: x_x x_x x_x x_x
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 25th, 2009, 6:41 am

CellR wrote:School starts today. :( :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: x_x x_x x_x x_x
Your first day of your last year of high school. Woo hoo!!!!!!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
I worship the Blue Devil!