Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » August 24th, 2009, 9:46 pm

TillyGalore wrote: Koala Berry
Is a Koala Berry a real thing? And why in the world would they make that color pink!? I feel like a nice grey, or a tree colored-brown would fit it much better.
Class of 2014
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2009, 9:50 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Since I can't say this over yonder, I want to go on record that there are a couple of posters over yonder on the PPB that come across as sanctimonious pricks. Not all their posts but enough to notice. (Of course, this might depend on your viewpoint on the particular issue being discussed.
Just a couple? :oops: :roll: :D
In the past few days in two of the threads - yeah, just a couple.
And one of them still comes across as a sanctimonious jerk. I stupidly let him get to me. Bad DinK, bad DinK. x_x
Last edited by DukieInKansas on August 24th, 2009, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 24th, 2009, 9:52 pm

CellR wrote:
Is a Koala Berry a real thing? And why in the world would they make that color pink!? I feel like a nice grey, or a tree colored-brown would fit it much better.
But most girls wouldn't wear a nice grey or tree colored-brown nail polish. However, we will wear a berry colored polish.

Opi, the maker of the polish I'm wearing has very creative names for their nail polish. For example, I have a color, which I don't wear often, called "your a pisa work". Sometimes it's fun to see the names of the colors versus actually buying them.
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 9:57 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:And one of them still comes across as a sanctimonious jerk. I stupidly let him get to me. Bad DinK, bad DinK. x_x
Serenity now! Serenity now! (Come back to your happy place: CTN!) ;)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 9:58 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CellR wrote:
But most girls wouldn't wear a nice grey or tree colored-brown nail polish. However, we will wear a berry colored polish.

Opi, the maker of the polish I'm wearing has very creative names for their nail polish. For example, I have a color, which I don't wear often, called "your a pisa work". Sometimes it's fun to see the names of the colors versus actually buying them.
ITA - it's great fun to browse the Opi nail polishes just to see what the names are.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2009, 9:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:And one of them still comes across as a sanctimonious jerk. I stupidly let him get to me. Bad DinK, bad DinK. x_x
Thanks! I needed that. And maybe a glass of wine. I'm heading to the wine cabinet!
Life is good!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 24th, 2009, 9:59 pm

TillyGalore wrote: But most girls wouldn't wear a nice grey or tree colored-brown nail polish. However, we will wear a berry colored polish.

I like that name :lol:
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 10:01 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Thanks! I needed that. And maybe a glass of wine. I'm heading to the wine cabinet!
No wine for me. Darn antibiotics! :(
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 24th, 2009, 10:02 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Serenity now, insanity later...
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 24th, 2009, 10:05 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I'd love to have toenails again.
Chew on them too much?
Casualties of marathon running, only lost 4 this year, but I still miss them.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2009, 10:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: quote="DukieInKansas" And one of them still comes across as a sanctimonious jerk. I stupidly let him get to me. Bad DinK, bad DinK. x_x /quote

Can I have your glass?

I hope you are feeling better.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 24th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Gotta go paint the fingernails now. And yes, they will be the same color as the toenails.

Symmetry now!
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 10:14 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Can I have your glass?

Thanks! You may have my glass.

I am definitely feeling better than I did yesterday. I was feeling better on Saturday morning and did a bit too much - paid for it later. Major relapse. Didn't move much past the recliner yesterday. I finally decided to stop taking my allergy meds - thought it might be a bad idea to suppress my immune system while trying to fight off a bacterial and/or viral infection. This strategy seems to be helping.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 10:15 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Gotta go paint the fingernails now. And yes, they will be the same color as the toenails.

Symmetry now!
:)) :)) =))

Good one, Tilly!
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2009, 10:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Can I have your glass?

Thanks! You may have my glass.

I am definitely feeling better than I did yesterday. I was feeling better on Saturday morning and did a bit too much - paid for it later. Major relapse. Didn't move much past the recliner yesterday. I finally decided to stop taking my allergy meds - thought it might be a bad idea to suppress my immune system while trying to fight off a bacterial and/or viral infection. This strategy seems to be helping.
I hope you feel even better tomorrow.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 10:18 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I hope you feel even better tomorrow.
Thanks! And now it's time to crash. Sleep good. Must sleep. I've probably slept enough extra for everyone here over the past week.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2009, 10:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I hope you feel even better tomorrow.
Thanks! And now it's time to crash. Sleep good. Must sleep. I've probably slept enough extra for everyone here over the past week.
I'm glad somebody got my sleep last night because I certainly didn't. I think I got maybe 3 hours - just felt like crap the rest of the time.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:There is nothing like being greeted every morning by an adorable, loving pet. :o3
OOOppps, I thought you were talking about me offering you ~o) :)) :)) :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:33 pm

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:Eleven people in here right now...not bad. Is that a draft I smell?
Naw, that was 8-xs, but it'll clear out if you open a window and spray some glade. ;)

%%-
Hey NOW!!!! I've always been told something like smelling like roses!!!! @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- What can I say, ... WE haven't hung out enough!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 24th, 2009, 10:37 pm

wilson wrote:Note to self: When packing to move, do not place remote control or Braves hat in a box.
Both are now back in action, and all is right with the world.
Remotes = \:D/ \:D/ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Braves = 8-| 8-| 8-| :-? :-? :-? 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} =; =; =; =; :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream: ~x( ~x( ~x( :ymdaydream: ~x( :ymdaydream: ~x( :ymdaydream: ~x( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-( ^#(^ :| :|