NASCAR 2012

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NASCAR 2012

Post by YmoBeThere » October 14th, 2012, 7:29 pm

Lavabe wrote: We both trail colchar by eleventy million points. On to Kansas!!
There aren't enough races left to make up eleventy million points...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 15th, 2012, 10:32 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
News flash: colchar's picks for this week are: Carl Edwards, Jamie Mac, Regan Smith, and Joe Nemechek. ;) :)) =))
Well, that's a start on the eleventy million. :D
Just kidding...
NO ONE is catching colchar. Dude's got this wrapped up. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 17th, 2012, 7:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

Funnily enough, when I was a little kid I thought eleventeen was a number.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 17th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
News flash: colchar's picks for this week are: Carl Edwards, Jamie Mac, Regan Smith, and Joe Nemechek. ;) :)) =))
Well, that's a start on the eleventy million. :D
Just kidding...
NO ONE is catching colchar. Dude's got this wrapped up. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

If I win the year (and until the final race is over it is still an 'if' because I refuse to tempt fate) it will mean that Lavabe won in 2009 and 2011 while I won in 2010 and 2012. So the pattern seems to be that Lavabe wins in odd numbered years while I win in even numbered years. The big question is whether that will hold true for 2013. Then again, isn't the world supposed to implode or some shit this December?** If so, we'll never know if the pattern will continue to hold. Damned Mayans.

**We need a world blowing up smilie around here!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 17th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Ahh, but there was a league in 2008, which I won so that may throw off the symmetry of your argument. Since then I've finished in 3rd every year.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 18th, 2012, 2:46 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Ahh, but there was a league in 2008, which I won so that may throw off the symmetry of your argument. Since then I've finished in 3rd every year.

I didn't remember that. I'm not sure I took part that year - I might have, but I don't remember now.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 18th, 2012, 8:09 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Ahh, but there was a league in 2008, which I won so that may throw off the symmetry of your argument. Since then I've finished in 3rd every year.
IIRC, was that an incomplete year... in other words, did we not do the full NASCAR season that year? :-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 18th, 2012, 8:12 am

colchar wrote:If I win the year (and until the final race is over it is still an 'if' because I refuse to tempt fate) it will mean that Lavabe won in 2009 and 2011 while I won in 2010 and 2012. So the pattern seems to be that Lavabe wins in odd numbered years while I win in even numbered years. The big question is whether that will hold true for 2013. Then again, isn't the world supposed to implode or some shit this December?** If so, we'll never know if the pattern will continue to hold. Damned Mayans.

If we get to do it in 2013, my big problem is that I'm trying to do some work in Mad-land. Be prepared for the following excuse from me: "DANG! I picked Boris Said for the 7th week in a row. I didn't get to change my picks because a zebu ran over my tent and trampled on my computer." ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 18th, 2012, 9:49 am

Lavabe wrote:
IIRC, was that an incomplete year... in other words, did we not do the full NASCAR season that year? :-?
IIRC, once we were all participating in '08 and took out Ymo's solo wins - the ones in which he had no competition, I won.
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 18th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:If I win the year (and until the final race is over it is still an 'if' because I refuse to tempt fate) it will mean that Lavabe won in 2009 and 2011 while I won in 2010 and 2012. So the pattern seems to be that Lavabe wins in odd numbered years while I win in even numbered years. The big question is whether that will hold true for 2013. Then again, isn't the world supposed to implode or some shit this December?** If so, we'll never know if the pattern will continue to hold. Damned Mayans.

If we get to do it in 2013, my big problem is that I'm trying to do some work in Mad-land. Be prepared for the following excuse from me: "DANG! I picked Boris Said for the 7th week in a row. I didn't get to change my picks because a zebu ran over my tent and trampled on my computer." ;)

I believe you can pick ahead of the current week so that might be a solution.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 18th, 2012, 3:18 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

I believe you can pick ahead of the current week so that might be a solution.
I'm pretty sure Lavabe does his picks before he leaves. I think what he means is that once he is in Mad-land, he doesn't have much of an opportunity to change his picks.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 18th, 2012, 7:30 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
colchar wrote:I believe you can pick ahead of the current week so that might be a solution.
I'm pretty sure Lavabe does his picks before he leaves. I think what he means is that once he is in Mad-land, he doesn't have much of an opportunity to change his picks.
This is what happened in 2010:
1) I made picks well before I left the country (in May) all the way through the second week in August.
2) When it became clear that I could use a wireless modem every now and then IN THE FIELD, I was able to log on to make changes at some hideously slow speed (think dial-up modem speed).
3) I only had two computer batteries.
4) A Madagascar ground boa almost got my computer.
5) The communications signal usually didn't work long enough for me to get to the web page and to make picks.
FWIW, I won that year.
Note that I won, but I did not win by eleventy million points.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 18th, 2012, 8:23 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
IIRC, once we were all participating in '08 and took out Ymo's solo wins - the ones in which he had no competition, I won.
Yes, I stand corrected!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 20th, 2012, 4:53 am

Kahne wins the pole, followed by Martin and Bowyer.
Some folks still picked Jr; he's still out with concussion.
Also, Neither Waltrip nor Vickers is racing.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 20th, 2012, 5:43 am

4:53 AM Eastern, what time is the race?
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 20th, 2012, 11:03 pm

:)) :9f: :))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2012, 2:33 pm

Kansas race just started.
Well... I only differ with colchar on our c-list choices. I went with an all alliteration set of choices today: JJ, KK, MM, AA (Aric Almirola). Colchar chose the same, except he went with Hornish instead of AA.

Meanwhile Ymo differed with me and went with Hornish and Bowyer (precisely the same choices as Miles).

Lap 20 of 267... AA has the lead.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2012, 2:41 pm

Lap 32 of 267: CAUTION
Casey Mears loses brake/tire, and hits the wall. Into the garage now.
Everyone into the pits.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2012, 2:49 pm

Lap 41 of 267: CAUTION
3rd lap after the restart, Blech (racing in 2nd) spins out. He will not have to go to the garage.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2012, 3:12 pm

Lap 71 of 267: CAUTION
Dinger's right front tire blew out, and he slammed into the wall. He's okay, but the car is out.
Everyone into the pits.
AA has led about 50 laps MM had the lead earlier.
JJ takes the lead out of the pits. AA goes to 2nd.