Weather Check!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather Check!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 1st, 2011, 8:54 pm

It's in the 50's now..at night. I opened the door, and a moth flew in my mouth..literally. It's dead now..I squished it after I spit it out.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 1st, 2011, 10:00 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:It's in the 50's now..at night. I opened the door, and a moth flew in my mouth..literally. It's dead now..I squished it after I spit it out.
I am glad it did not end up in your grain, because, if it did, you'd probably be brewing Dead Moth Ale or Mothra IPA this weekend. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 2nd, 2011, 12:06 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:It's in the 50's now..at night. I opened the door, and a moth flew in my mouth..literally. It's dead now..I squished it after I spit it out.

Ewww! That is just nasty.

We're supposed to be heating up over night. . . Freaky, isn't it?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 2nd, 2011, 9:24 am

I'm pleased to report that after the 10:30pm shovel-fest last night, there were no new snow drifts to remove this am! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 2nd, 2011, 9:31 am

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so spring is on it's way. That's a lucky groundhog, he would have been on my list if he said we were gonna have 6 more weeks.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 2nd, 2011, 9:47 am

If a groundhog pokes his head out of his hole(from whence the SOB was not invited into in the first place)
and a bullet pops him between the eyes...

the first day of spring will be March 21st, just like it always is.
:violence-snipersmiley: :music-headbanger: this guy kinda looks like a diggin' groundhog :-?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 2nd, 2011, 10:12 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so spring is on it's way. That's a lucky groundhog, he would have been on my list if he said we were gonna have 6 more weeks.
He probably did not see his shadow because all the @#$% snow prevented him from emerging from his warm little burrow. Lame-ass rodent.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 2nd, 2011, 11:00 am

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so spring is on it's way. That's a lucky groundhog, he would have been on my list if he said we were gonna have 6 more weeks.
He probably did not see his shadow because all the @#$% snow prevented him from emerging from his warm little burrow. Lame-ass rodent.

Nah, even if they are still sleeping they are dragged out.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 2nd, 2011, 11:21 am

A sign of how bad the snow event was yesterday - several malls were closed mid-day.

They were calling this Snowpocalypse and Snowmageddon.
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 2nd, 2011, 1:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

They predicted that for us too but it didn't even come close. We were supposed to get 30cm by 9am and then, after a brief break, we were supposed to get more snow throughout the afternoon to a total of somewhere between 30cm-40cm by the time the whole thing was done. By 8am this morning though we only had 7cm of snow which is nothing. It is snowing again now but I can't see us getting much more than another couple of cm which means we will likely end up with 1/3 or 1/4 of what they were predicting.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 2nd, 2011, 2:10 pm

colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

They predicted that for us too but it didn't even come close. We were supposed to get 30cm by 9am and then, after a brief break, we were supposed to get more snow throughout the afternoon to a total of somewhere between 30cm-40cm by the time the whole thing was done. By 8am this morning though we only had 7cm of snow which is nothing. It is snowing again now but I can't see us getting much more than another couple of cm which means we will likely end up with 1/3 or 1/4 of what they were predicting.
That's what happened with the last threatened storm. I got 2 inches instead of 6 to 8 they predicted.

They have also referred to yesterday's snow as the Blizzard of Oz.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 2nd, 2011, 2:16 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

That's what happened with the last threatened storm. I got 2 inches instead of 6 to 8 they predicted.

I love that name! Blizzard of Oz!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 2nd, 2011, 2:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

I love that name! Blizzard of Oz!
I have nothing to do with your Blizzard! Or lack of Blizzard!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bluebeer
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebeer » February 2nd, 2011, 4:27 pm

colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Same here..they predicted 20 but we got about 7 in wave 1 and only 3 in wave 2 before a change to sleet/ rain..I couldn't be happier...after getting over 70 inches in about 5 weeks, I don't want to see another snowstorm until next winter...it may take that long for the snow we have to melt
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 4th, 2011, 9:11 am

39 and rainy here today (or for you, colchar, 4 and rainy). A fine, fine day for my beloved Irish fisherman's sweater.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 4th, 2011, 11:21 am

wilson wrote:39 and rainy here today (or for you, colchar, 4 and rainy). A fine, fine day for my beloved Irish fisherman's sweater.
Yes. Wet, raw and nasty here. Just like Paris Hilton.

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 24th, 2011, 11:46 am

So far today we have had rain, sleet, and snow. It should be an interesting day.
Life is good!
robertduke32

Post by robertduke32 » February 24th, 2011, 11:50 am

50ish and cloudy 20 miles from heaven....
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » February 24th, 2011, 11:51 am

There finally is a light rain falling here on the western edge of the Piedmont of NC. We've moved back in the drought category and need more rain to get back to normal and help prevent the wildfires dotted across the state.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 24th, 2011, 11:59 am

2-6" of snow in the Seatte area - about 40 miles north, there are nearly 30" on the ground. We dodged a bit of a bullet, but it's still enough to make the roads icy. I'll be working from home again today. :happy-bouncyblue: