LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2009, 10:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Someone here doesn't follow NASCAR. For shame.
I don't follow it, either.
I don't follow NASCAR as a rule, but I have so many friends that do that I know who the drivers are and that you can't mix a Jr. fan with a Tony Stewart fan, etc.
Tilly is a Jr fan and I am a Tony Stewart fan. We can discuss things fine.

Mix a Blech Busch fan with a Jr fan ... now THAT'S trouble. :-B
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 10:30 pm

I'm more of a Gordon fan than anything else...but his career is winding down. So, I need to find a new driver.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2009, 10:46 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm more of a Gordon fan than anything else...but his career is winding down. So, I need to find a new driver.
Ambrose! And don't forget JFL! :-$
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 10:50 pm

I used to live in Mark Martin's hometown. He has a big car dealership and museum there.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2009, 11:25 pm

FWIW, Usain Bolt is amazing. :-o :-o :-o
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:31 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:
CellR wrote:"quote="Bostondevil""1041 different knitters have posted in "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". So, just giving you the stats. Let's face it, knitters are hard to beat."/quote"
What? What is this thread?
There's a website called Ravelry that's set up for knitters and crocheters to share info on knitting, yarn, patterns, post pictures of their projects, etc. There are also groups formed on this site. In the Completely Arbitrary and Pointless Group, on the discussion board, rests "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". They have us beat. But, to be fair, there are 1041 of them. Knitters are numerous and to be honest, often very geeky. I discovered it one day and reported about it it LTE 1.0. Ymo brings them up occasionally and I go off and check the stats for him. It's this thing we have, right Ymo?
Love the name of the website!
Hey Girl, is the website? https://www.ravelry.com/account/login - if so, I'll also be checking it out, but I like 1 on 1 attention! ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:32 pm

devildeac wrote: ... You and Joe are, of course, exempted from that generalization. :-* (for both of you)
DD, I need to see the PICs of both (Joe and Cathy)!!!! :-*
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:37 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just found a great use for the bacon grease I've been saving: I made fried squash for supper. Why haven't I always made fried squash using bacon grease? Yum-my! I didn't use a ton; I used it to coat my cast iron skillet.

Pop quiz: what items in the above post would be a dead giveaway that I'm a Southern girl? My post name doesn't count.
YUMMM-EEE!!!!!! Bacon, Grease, Fried, Fried Squash, "SUPPER" and Cast Iron Skillet!!!! :D :-bd
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 11:40 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I'm more of a Gordon fan than anything else...but his career is winding down. So, I need to find a new driver.
Ambrose! And don't forget JFL! :-$
I'll pass on Logano. It would seem weird rooting for a kid. Ambrose on the other hand, he's got an accent.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:40 pm

wilson wrote:The best thing in the world: Fried green tomato BLTs.
Not sure I would got that FAR, but they ARE pretty good!!!!! I can't wait to eat your CREATIVE preparations!!!!! :-bd ^:)^ ^:)^ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 11:40 pm

Lavabe wrote:FWIW, Usain Bolt is amazing. :-o :-o :-o
Yep
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:45 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:No they don't. You get a vinegar-based pulled BBQ sandwich. With slaw. And a side of hush puppies. And a swayt tay. With refills.
And two servings of 'naner puddin'. With your choice of meringue OR whipped cream. Not Cool Whip.
I can get with all of this. But the thing is, you've never had my mother's banana pudding, so you've never had banana pudding.
I would love this for dessert after SUPPER!!!! I just had some from Cathy's Sis Inlaw and it was outstanding!!!! I can't remember the last time I had some real 'naner pudding!'
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 22nd, 2009, 11:46 pm

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I don't follow NASCAR as a rule, but I have so many friends that do that I know who the drivers are and that you can't mix a Jr. fan with a Tony Stewart fan, etc.

Jr. and Tony fans get along. Like Lavabe noted, Jr and Blech Busch fans do not.

I hate kyle busch. Haven't written that in a while.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:52 pm

devildeac wrote:Dang, there are no members here at this time to add to the new thread... :(
I beg your pardon? Remember, I am the turtle!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 11:55 pm

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:"quote="YmoBeThere""Someone here doesn't follow NASCAR. For shame."/quote"

I don't follow it, either.
I don't follow NASCAR as a rule, but I have so many friends that do that I know who the drivers are and that you can't mix a Jr. fan with a Tony Stewart fan, etc.

OH NO, a Stew man.... I was listening tonight, YES MARK WAS IN THE LEAD, YAY!!! I thought of YOU!!!, and then they reported that Tony tried to wish his buddy "good luck" and he apparently couldn't get his frequency back.... and then magically hit the correct button, ... :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Guess he won't be wishing any of his buds (OZ, NOT BUD-LIGHTS :D ), Good luck in the future, as reported also!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 23rd, 2009, 12:01 am

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote: ... You and Joe are, of course, exempted from that generalization. :-* (for both of you)
Joe has some of his pix on the DBAP thread, IIRC. And I'm sure you have some pix of the lovely and vivacious Cathy... :roll: ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 23rd, 2009, 12:04 am

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Joe has some of his pix on the DBAP thread, IIRC. And I'm sure you have some pix of the lovely and vivacious Cathy... :roll: ;)
You must be tired bebe!!! You were sending :-*'s so I wanted to see PICs!!!! I am pretty sure JOE doesn't shave daily =)) =)) =)) =)) =)), so that was the PIC I was really interested in seeing!!!! =)) =)) =)) Can you say blistex!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :(( :(( :(( :(( :D =)) =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 23rd, 2009, 12:07 am

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

You must be tired bebe!!! You were sending :-*'s so I wanted to see PICs!!!! I am pretty sure JOE doesn't shave daily =)) =)) =)) =)) =)), so that was the PIC I was really interested in seeing!!!! =)) =)) =)) Can you say blistex!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :(( :(( :(( :(( :D =)) =)) =)) =))
I am not traveling to the coast this weekend due to call responsibilities. :( So, no get-together. :( :(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 23rd, 2009, 12:14 am

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="devildeac"" ... You and Joe are, of course, exempted from that generalization. :-* (for both of you)"/quote"

I am not traveling to the coast this weekend due to call responsibilities. :( So, no get-together. :( :(
We'll have an opportunity in the future!!!!! Understand, putting food on the table and paying that collegiate education expense is an important priority!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 23rd, 2009, 6:32 am

cl15876 wrote:
Lavabe wrote: Tilly is a Jr fan and I am a Tony Stewart fan. We can discuss things fine.

OH NO, a Stew man.... I was listening tonight, YES MARK WAS IN THE LEAD, YAY!!! I thought of YOU!!!, and then they reported that Tony tried to wish his buddy "good luck" and he apparently couldn't get his frequency back.... and then magically hit the correct button, ... :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Guess he won't be wishing any of his buds (OZ, NOT BUD-LIGHTS :D ), Good luck in the future, as reported also!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
1st: No one calls him Stew or Stewy or whatever. To the nonfollowers of NASCAR, his nickname is Smoke.
2: His radio communications went out on lap 2, and caused him to lose laps early. He was pretty much done after that.
3: I chose Martin last night, given his starting position, and given his performance there in the spring.
4: After Blech won the race, when he got out and waved to the fans, he got some cheers, but there were a LOT of boos.
5: Why didn't you wind up choosing any races in our league? Your name was listed, but you never chose anything. It would have been fun to have you in the league. :)
Cheers,
Lavabe