LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:46 pm

wilson wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Very odd, how can a thread have 15 replies but only 2 views?
I assume you're talking about the special characters one. It is that way because the replies all occurred while it was still a tangent of the CTN history thread, and it has only received two views since being split off from that thread.
Ahhhh...I see.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 6:57 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? :D

(answer later this AM so I can give a few folks the chance to ponder...) ;)
Something about the pricks being on the outside of the porcupine?
Correct, but bjornolf beat you to it... ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:59 pm

Ahhh, devildeac back on the front page.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 6:59 pm

DukePA wrote:I'm baaaaack! So, I had a great time at the PA conference in Myrtle Beach and got to hang out with the parents and catch up with lots of PA buddies. They did, unfortunately, charge $9.95 a day for wireless. There was no way I was willing to pay it, hence my hiatus. Congrats to DD on achieving green jacket (vest :D) status! I have a ton of catching up to do so I think I'll resurrect the "What did I miss thread!"

Just so ya'll know, I missed my PW buddies :(
Excellent. Someone with which to share this overwhelming workload... :oops: :roll: :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 7:05 pm

colchar wrote:
CellR wrote: Depends on how much we PW, I suppose.
The first search result of The Longest Thread Ever came up with http://forums.filefront.com/spam-forum/ ... -4430.html

They have 66,447 posts in that thread... I guess we need to pick it up!
Most LTE's on the internet have in between 20k and 30k posts from what I saw after a quick search...
They are no match for us. :lol: We have only been at it for a few months. By the time this thread has been going for 4 1/2 years, I'm sure we will have by far the longest thread on the internet!! Mwahahaha :twisted:

We just need to exceed the LTE over yonder. I wonder how much their daily posting traffic in that thread has been impacted by the creation of this place?
Let's see. ~7000 posts/137 days=51 posts/day. Pretty impressive.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 7:06 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukePA wrote:I'm baaaaack! So, I had a great time at the PA conference in Myrtle Beach and got to hang out with the parents and catch up with lots of PA buddies. They did, unfortunately, charge $9.95 a day for wireless. There was no way I was willing to pay it, hence my hiatus. Congrats to DD on achieving green jacket (vest :D) status! I have a ton of catching up to do so I think I'll resurrect the "What did I miss thread!"

Just so ya'll know, I missed my PW buddies :(
Excellent. Someone with which to share this overwhelming workload... :oops: :roll: :))
I'm doing my best at the moment.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 7:14 pm

devildeac wrote:Excellent. Someone with which to share this overwhelming workload... :oops: :roll: :))
With whom. :-B
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 7:21 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:Excellent. Someone with which to share this overwhelming workload... :oops: :roll: :))
:lol: :)) I never know when to use who or whom.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 7:38 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:
:lol: :)) I never know when to use who or whom.
The University of Kansas has a cluster of web pages that do a really good job of explaining tricky grammar rules (I cited one when bjornolf expressed confusion regarding lay and lie). This is their page for who and whom:
http://web.ku.edu/~edit/whom.html
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 7:49 pm

Just found a great use for the bacon grease I've been saving: I made fried squash for supper. Why haven't I always made fried squash using bacon grease? Yum-my! I didn't use a ton; I used it to coat my cast iron skillet.

Pop quiz: what items in the above post would be a dead giveaway that I'm a Southern girl? My post name doesn't count.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 7:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just found a great use for the bacon grease I've been saving: I made fried squash for supper. Why haven't I always made fried squash using bacon grease? Yum-my! I didn't use a ton; I used it to coat my cast iron skillet.

Pop quiz: what items in the above post would be a dead giveaway that I'm a Southern girl? My post name doesn't count.
The best thing in the world: Fried green tomato BLTs. Fry your bacon, set it aside to drain and crisp, and then fry your tomatoes in your bacon grease. Lightly toasted bread, light coating of mayonnaise, and black pepper to taste. This sandwich is what they hand you at the Pearly Gates.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 7:57 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Just found a great use for the bacon grease I've been saving: I made fried squash for supper. Why haven't I always made fried squash using bacon grease? Yum-my! I didn't use a ton; I used it to coat my cast iron skillet.

The best thing in the world: Fried green tomato BLTs. Fry your bacon, set it aside to drain and crisp, and then fry your tomatoes in your bacon grease. Lightly toasted bread, light coating of mayonnaise, and black pepper to taste. This sandwich is what they hand you at the Pearly Gates.
Interesting. Sounds good - I bet this would be fantastic on sourdough bread. Do you dip the green tomato slices in corn meal before frying, or does that go without saying?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 8:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Do you dip the green tomato slices in corn meal before frying, or does that go without saying?
Does the pope shit in the woods?
Seriously...yes. Dredge them in a milk/egg mixture, roll them in cornmeal (or bread crumbs...the pre-packaged "fish fry" stuff also works really well), and then fry them as per normal. It is the most delectable sandwich you'll ever eat. Play with the thickness of your tomato slices, too, until you hit upon your optimal balance of juiciness on the inside and crispness on the outside.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 22nd, 2009, 8:06 pm

wilson wrote:Does the pope shit in the woods?
I sure hope not. He might get eaten by a bear.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 8:09 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Do you dip the green tomato slices in corn meal before frying, or does that go without saying?
Does the pope shit in the woods?
Seriously...yes. Dredge them in a milk/egg mixture, roll them in cornmeal (or bread crumbs...the pre-packaged "fish fry" stuff also works really well), and then fry them as per normal. It is the most delectable sandwich you'll ever eat. Play with the thickness of your tomato slices, too, until you hit upon your optimal balance of juiciness on the inside and crispness on the outside.
=)) =)) =))

There's this place in Little Rock (Cotham's in the City) that has the most amazing fried green tomatoes I've ever tasted. They're served with homemade ranch dressing.The restaurant use the same breading for their catfish, okra, and fried green tomatoes. Ymmmm ... makes me want to go back for a visit.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 8:25 pm

Would that be the cast iron skillet? Or the constant references to NASCAR?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 8:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Would that be the cast iron skillet? Or the constant references to NASCAR?
No NASCAR references from me. I'm one of the few people in the board who does not follow NASCAR. (Is that grammatically correct, wilson?)
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 8:30 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Ahhh, devildeac back on the front page.
Been busy at my Dad's most of the day. And reading more Shogun. ;)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 8:30 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:No NASCAR references from me. I'm one of the few people in the board who does not follow NASCAR. (Is that grammatically correct, wilson?)
You're good. Glad to see I'm providing some encouragement for people to compose their posts properly, though. :-B
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 8:31 pm

wilson wrote:
Sounds like the grammar police from over yonder... :roll: ;)