LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 4:29 pm

Tazawa is Japanese for 'white flag'. I think I'm gonna go make that my Facebook status too.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 4:33 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
CellR wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:1041 different knitters have posted in "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". So, just giving you the stats. Let's face it, knitters are hard to beat.
What? What is this thread?
There's a website called Ravelry that's set up for knitters and crocheters to share info on knitting, yarn, patterns, post pictures of their projects, etc. There are also groups formed on this site. In the Completely Arbitrary and Pointless Group, on the discussion board, rests "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". They have us beat. But, to be fair, there are 1041 of them. Knitters are numerous and to be honest, often very geeky. I discovered it one day and reported about it it LTE 1.0. Ymo brings them up occasionally and I go off and check the stats for him. It's this thing we have, right Ymo?
Love the name of the website!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 22nd, 2009, 4:36 pm

Welcome back, DukePA!! We missed you.

Hope things work out with the lead for the job.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 22nd, 2009, 5:19 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
There's a website called Ravelry that's set up for knitters and crocheters to share info on knitting, yarn, patterns, post pictures of their projects, etc. There are also groups formed on this site. In the Completely Arbitrary and Pointless Group, on the discussion board, rests "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". They have us beat. But, to be fair, there are 1041 of them. Knitters are numerous and to be honest, often very geeky. I discovered it one day and reported about it it LTE 1.0. Ymo brings them up occasionally and I go off and check the stats for him. It's this thing we have, right Ymo?

I'll have to tell my wife about that site.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 5:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Typical BMW driver. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? :D

(answer later this AM so I can give a few folks the chance to ponder...) ;)
WHY are you guys beating up on beemer drivers?
A generalization would be that we have watched them weave in and out of traffic with limited use of turn signals at considerably above the posted speed limits for the last couple decades or so with nearly as high and an annoying rate as Mercedes drivers. You and Joe are, of course, exempted from that generalization. :-* (for both of you)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 22nd, 2009, 5:43 pm

devildeac wrote: A generalization would be that we have watched them weave in and out of traffic with limited use of turn signals at considerably above the posted speed limits for the last couple decades or so with nearly as high and an annoying rate as Mercedes drivers. You and Joe are, of course, exempted from that generalization. :-* (for both of you)
Like I said, I've seen FAR more Acura drivers behaving that way, though I have seen my fair share of BMW and Mercedes drivers. However, the crazy Acura drivers have been by far the worst I've seen as a group.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 5:55 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
CellR wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:1041 different knitters have posted in "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". So, just giving you the stats. Let's face it, knitters are hard to beat.
What? What is this thread?
It's this thing we have, right Ymo?
Yes, strange but true! :D :))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 5:55 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Tazawa is Japanese for 'white flag'. I think I'm gonna go make that my Facebook status too.
He certainly hasn't started waving it himself, not with the lead they spotted him.
Last edited by YmoBeThere on August 22nd, 2009, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 5:56 pm

colchar wrote:We just need to exceed the LTE over yonder. I wonder how much their daily posting traffic in that thread has been impacted by the creation of this place?
I've been dropping in periodically to check. Posting in LTE 1.0 seems to have slowed considerably since our defection. We're steadily gaining on it, about 1% every couple of days...at that rate, we oughtta catch the original just ahead of Halloween.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 5:58 pm

devildeac wrote:A generalization would be that we have watched them weave in and out of traffic with limited use of turn signals at considerably above the posted speed limits for the last couple decades or so with nearly as high and an annoying rate as Mercedes drivers. You and Joe are, of course, exempted from that generalization. :-* (for both of you)

The curiousity of this is that Audi A4 drivers are the among most often ticketed around. Maybe they behave the same way but aren't as smart about it so get caught?

But then, there were far fewer A4s in NC than I see up here.
Last edited by YmoBeThere on August 22nd, 2009, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 5:59 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:We just need to exceed the LTE over yonder. I wonder how much their daily posting traffic in that thread has been impacted by the creation of this place?
I've been dropping in periodically to check. Posting in LTE 1.0 seems to have slowed considerably since our defection. We're steadily gaining on it, about 1% every couple of days...at that rate, we oughtta catch the original just ahead of Halloween.
Hmm...maybe I should stop posting over there altogether.

And this is post #:

Boeing 747300-01.jpg
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 6:00 pm

wilson wrote:
Actually, I think I misfigured this...we'd have to gain on LTE 1.0 by a rate of about 100 posts per day in order to catch it by Halloween. Not that I'm necessarily saying we can't do that...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:00 pm

Well, all in the name of a good cause.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 6:04 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Hmm...maybe I should stop posting over there altogether.
It is unavoidable. It is your destiny...If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:08 pm

wilson wrote:
It is unavoidable. It is your destiny...If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

Remind me how that ended up.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:09 pm

La-va-bay! La-va-bay! La-va-bay!

Like I said earlier, not enough name chanting around here...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:09 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:

I'll have to tell my wife about that site.

%%-

Hmmm...will she be poster 1042?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 6:10 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:

Remind me how that ended up.
Oh, details. :-w
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 6:13 pm

Very odd, how can a thread have 15 replies but only 2 views?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 6:42 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Very odd, how can a thread have 15 replies but only 2 views?
I assume you're talking about the special characters one. It is that way because the replies all occurred while it was still a tangent of the CTN history thread, and it has only received two views since being split off from that thread.