LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » August 21st, 2009, 2:20 pm

I absolutely love thunderstorms. Even more so because I am a lifeguard! :D Too bad rain doesn't scare off soccer players... :(
Miles wrote:What a day!

I went in for a follow-up with oral surgeon. He removed a bone fragment that was poking through the inside gumline. Unfortunately it felt like he hit a nerve while shooting me up so my entire face is numb. But the fragment is gone and he things that I'm healing up well. Three procedures, two plus months of discomfort and pain and I think I'm ready to put my wisdom tooth extraction behind me.

Had a major break through on a problem with a customer. Can't get into details but there was a language barrier, time zone nightmare, technical misunderstanding, they didn't evaluate the software and signed off on the feature only to discover it didn't serve their needs kind of problem.

I meet Kelly's family tonight: Mom, Dad, Brother and sister-in-law.

Let's just hope the mouth heals up before then!
It seems like everybody I know is getting their wisdom teeth out! I know of three people having them removed this week and one last week, resulting in some funny pictures on facebook :D . I hope your facial healing goes quickly and painlessly, :-bd
Class of 2014
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 21st, 2009, 2:55 pm

My kids and I went to the Lego store today, and they had "vintage" lego men. I was disturbed by the fact that they were historically inaccurate. The 1978 castle lego men that they had in the package had little insignias painted on their chests, similar to the new castle men. I STILL own a set of them, and they were NOT painted on. They had little "surcoats" that you had to pop of their heads and put over their necks, then put their heads back on. The "surcoats" had stickers. Several of mine peeled up, that's how I remember. But this is the set I had:

If you go to the website, you can zoom in on the picture and really see it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Castl ... .931983.29

If you look closely, you can see that they are "wearing" the insignias, that they are not painted on like the more modern ones. I just thought it was funny. The funniest part was when I pointed it out to the girl working there, she said that that was really interesting, but that she didn't remember it because she wasn't born until 1988. Wow did I feel ancient. When I told my dad that, he laughed and said, "It's only gonna get worse, son."

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 21st, 2009, 2:59 pm

CellR wrote:I absolutely love thunderstorms. Even more so because I am a lifeguard! :D Too bad rain doesn't scare off soccer players... :(
Miles wrote:What a day!

I went in for a follow-up with oral surgeon. He removed a bone fragment that was poking through the inside gumline. Unfortunately it felt like he hit a nerve while shooting me up so my entire face is numb. But the fragment is gone and he things that I'm healing up well. Three procedures, two plus months of discomfort and pain and I think I'm ready to put my wisdom tooth extraction behind me.

Had a major break through on a problem with a customer. Can't get into details but there was a language barrier, time zone nightmare, technical misunderstanding, they didn't evaluate the software and signed off on the feature only to discover it didn't serve their needs kind of problem.

I meet Kelly's family tonight: Mom, Dad, Brother and sister-in-law.

Let's just hope the mouth heals up before then!
It seems like everybody I know is getting their wisdom teeth out! I know of three people having them removed this week and one last week, resulting in some funny pictures on facebook :D . I hope your facial healing goes quickly and painlessly, :-bd
Thanks CellR. Unfortunately, I had my four wisdom teeth yanked about two months ago. This was my 2nd follow-up procedure to remove bone fragments from my face. My healing has been everything but quick and painless. Follow your dentist's advice and get them yanked early. It typically causes far less trauma and heals faster.

I should be money by Monday.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2009, 3:21 pm

Made it to Virginia, man it's pretty up here. If it weren't for the shitty winters it would be a tempting place to live.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 21st, 2009, 3:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Just so everyone can know, there is a J Reddick playing for the Red Sox. He however, is not a JJ.
My cousin wore a Red Sox garter last night. Her groom, also a fan, didn't know it until he took it off her at the reception.
I wore a Duke garter at my wedding.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 21st, 2009, 3:25 pm

Did you miss me?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 3:40 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Did you miss me?
Yes! Yes we did.

How was your conference?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 3:48 pm

Only 11 more days until we get an avatar change. :!!

We missed you, BD!! :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 21st, 2009, 3:55 pm

I've read a few back pages but I've got 20 more to go. In the meantime, I got some kick ass work done on my play. Just kick ass. I've only got the first 4 scenes down on paper but they are working, baby, working. If I can keep it up, I will have written a very good play. Now, I just have to sustain the energy and not use too much of my writing mojo recapping 'Lost'. Some, but not too much.

I wish you could have seen what the actors did with my opening scene when I asked them to read it for me Tuesday night. They were so, so, so good that I'll be seeing Patrick and Brianna in my head as I finish the play. Poor Patrick, I told him he'll always be Jason (my character's name) to me.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 21st, 2009, 3:58 pm

Patrick is the stuff cougar dreams are made of.

Yes, I behaved. Don't worry. Well, I got drunk last night and sang a folk song and made everybody guess the language I was singing in (Irish), but I didn't misbehave in any important ways.

But I reserve the right to appreciate fine work.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 21st, 2009, 4:06 pm

WOO HOO! Yeah. How you been?
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2009, 4:28 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I've read a few back pages but I've got 20 more to go. In the meantime, I got some kick ass work done on my play. Just kick ass. I've only got the first 4 scenes down on paper but they are working, baby, working. If I can keep it up, I will have written a very good play.
I love that feeling, I get it when I'm into a painting that has a long way before it's done, but I just know it's going to excellent long before I finish. Best of luck on the rest of the way.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 4:58 pm

TillyGalore wrote:This morning as I was driving to work, I ended up behind a green beemer with a carolina sticker on the back window. We were in the right lane when he/she turned on their left blinker so I assumed they were going to move over the left lane. But, no!!! They turned right onto the exit for the highway. Oh did I have a good laugh. And, what's worse/ironic, is they parked in the garage the doctors/high up admins park in.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Some maroons never learn... :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 5:01 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:Dear King DD,
I noticed this Friday morning at 8:34 that you were on CTN. Soooo, how you are able to do your work and be online with CrazieTalk at the same time?!! ;)
I had a committee meeting from 7-815 AM and logged on at one of the hospital work stations before I was due at the office for my 1st treadmill at 845 AM.

Sheesh. Now folks are monitoring my PW habits... ;)

We have discussed this before. It's a disease/addiction... :oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 5:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:In honor of what would have been my Dad's 85th birthday, for those so inclined, please have a gin martini this evening. He was a wonderful gentleman.
I'll substitute a Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA... ;)

Cheers... :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 5:05 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Just so everyone can know, there is a J Reddick playing for the Red Sox. He however, is not a JJ.
My cousin wore a Red Sox garter last night. Her groom, also a fan, didn't know it until he took it off her at the reception.
I wore a Duke garter at my wedding.
Anything else? :oops: :roll:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 5:28 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I wore a Duke garter at my wedding.
Did that count as your "something blue"?
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 21st, 2009, 5:34 pm

Actually, it was my something old, it came from Duke Homecoming '58. I had to wear 3 garters as my dress, veil, stockings, shoes, and unmentionables were all new. I had an old garter, a borrowed garter, and a blue one. One friend brought me a genuine sixpence back from England too. It will be 18 years on September 7th. Oh, by the way, for those of you who have met Mr. BD, he's on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine this week, the one on the far left. Check it out.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2009, 5:39 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Actually, it was my something old, it came from Duke Homecoming '58. I had to wear 3 garters as my dress, veil, stockings, shoes, and unmentionables were all new. I had an old garter, a borrowed garter, and a blue one. One friend brought me a genuine sixpence back from England too. It will be 18 years on September 7th. Oh, by the way, for those of you who have met Mr. BD, he's on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine this week, the one on the far left. Check it out.
I see dead people. And George Harrison. George was great.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 5:39 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Oh, by the way, for those of you who have met Mr. BD, he's on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine this week, the one on the far left. Check it out.
Oh, you totally had me going. Does kind of look like him, though.