LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 9:31 am

DukieInKansas wrote:In honor of what would have been my Dad's 85th birthday, for those so inclined, please have a gin martini this evening. He was a wonderful gentleman.
I will toast your dad this evening. Hugs to you as you remember your father today. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 9:56 am

DukieInKansas wrote:In honor of what would have been my Dad's 85th birthday, for those so inclined, please have a gin martini this evening. He was a wonderful gentleman.
Tanqueray....check
Vermouth...check
shaker....check
ice...check

Consider it done. One gin martini will be raised this evening in honor of your Dad.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 21st, 2009, 10:15 am

Will do.

On a slightly happier note, just for Tilly:

Today is the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's statehood. Yay! Everybody get lei'd! ;)

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on August 21st, 2009, 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 10:16 am

bjornolf wrote: Today is the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's statehood. Yay! Everybody get leid! ;)

%%-
*Biting tongue...biting tongue...*
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 21st, 2009, 10:17 am

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Today is the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's statehood. Yay! Everybody get lei'd! ;)

%%-
What? I spelled it with an "e".

Is it 'cause I forgot the apostrophe? I added it in.

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on August 21st, 2009, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 10:20 am

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Today is the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's statehood. Yay! Everybody get leid! ;)

%%-

%%-
That's not what I meant. Just stop asking. ;)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 21st, 2009, 10:22 am

No, come on, I wanna know. Was it the apostrophe? I added that in with an edit when I realized I'd forgotten it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 10:23 am

bjornolf wrote:Will do.

On a slightly happier note, just for Tilly:

Today is the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's statehood. Yay! Everybody get lei'd! ;)

%%-
Thank you!!!

I saw it noted on my calendar that day is the Statehood Day, though didn't realize it was their 50th anniversary.

Yay for Hawaii!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 10:25 am

wilson wrote:That's not what I meant. Just stop asking. ;)
I think Wilson is refraining from commenting about a term, not grammar/punctuation. It's a guy thing I suspect. ;) ;)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 10:26 am

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote: quote="bjornolf"
Today is the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii's statehood. Yay! Everybody get leid! ;)

%%- /quote

%%-
That's not what I meant. Just stop asking. ;)
Do we get to have a Kamanawanalei party?
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 10:27 am

wilson wrote:
I will definitely do this. Vibes and a :ymhug: on a day when I'm sure you're missing your pop.
Thanks for the hugs. They do help.

Enjoy your gin!
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 10:28 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Do we get to have a Kamanawanalei party?
Oh boy did that bring back some memories...damn....I thought those brain cells were long dead. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 10:28 am

TillyGalore wrote:
I will toast your dad this evening. Hugs to you as you remember your father today. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Multiple hugs - even better. Thanks - enjoy the toast tonight. Brother #1 claims to be on his 4th gin - I'm not sure I believe him.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 10:29 am

windsor wrote:
Tanqueray....check
Vermouth...check
shaker....check
ice...check

Consider it done. One gin martini will be raised this evening in honor of your Dad.

I knew I could count on you! Thanks!
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 11:10 am

Here is a review that definitely makes me NOT want to see the movie (not that it was on my radar)

The movie is "Post Grad" and the key line on MSNBC is:

Blisteringly stupid story about unbelievable characters doing ludicrous things for no apparent reason.

Makes me want to run out and plunk down $10!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 11:12 am

I saw '[500] Days of Summer' the other night and really enjoyed it. B/B+. A very distinctive aesthetic and much more brains than your average romantic comedy.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 21st, 2009, 11:13 am

What a day!

I went in for a follow-up with oral surgeon. He removed a bone fragment that was poking through the inside gumline. Unfortunately it felt like he hit a nerve while shooting me up so my entire face is numb. But the fragment is gone and he things that I'm healing up well. Three procedures, two plus months of discomfort and pain and I think I'm ready to put my wisdom tooth extraction behind me.

Had a major break through on a problem with a customer. Can't get into details but there was a language barrier, time zone nightmare, technical misunderstanding, they didn't evaluate the software and signed off on the feature only to discover it didn't serve their needs kind of problem.

I meet Kelly's family tonight: Mom, Dad, Brother and sister-in-law.

Let's just hope the mouth heals up before then!
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 21st, 2009, 11:13 am

windsor wrote:Here is a review that definitely makes me NOT want to see the movie (not that it was on my radar)

The movie is "Post Grad" and the key line on MSNBC is:

Blisteringly stupid story about unbelievable characters doing ludicrous things for no apparent reason.

Makes me want to run out and plunk down $10!

I briefly glanced at another review of the film today and it also said that the movie is a complete waste of time. The reviewer mentioned that their summer just had to get better now because seeing that film took them to rock bottom.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Miles

Post by Miles » August 21st, 2009, 12:14 pm

wilson wrote:I saw '[500] Days of Summer' the other night and really enjoyed it. B/B+. A very distinctive aesthetic and much more brains than your average romantic comedy.
Kelly and I saw it too. The scene following his romantic evening was hysterical. We enjoyed Away We Go much more though. Probably not in major theaters but would be great to see in a small independent theater.
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 12:52 pm

Miles wrote:What a day!

I went in for a follow-up with oral surgeon. He removed a bone fragment that was poking through the inside gumline. Unfortunately it felt like he hit a nerve while shooting me up so my entire face is numb. But the fragment is gone and he things that I'm healing up well. Three procedures, two plus months of discomfort and pain and I think I'm ready to put my wisdom tooth extraction behind me.

Had a major break through on a problem with a customer. Can't get into details but there was a language barrier, time zone nightmare, technical misunderstanding, they didn't evaluate the software and signed off on the feature only to discover it didn't serve their needs kind of problem.

I meet Kelly's family tonight: Mom, Dad, Brother and sister-in-law.

Let's just hope the mouth heals up before then!

Sending healing vibes for the mouth....and charm vibes for meeting of the family.

I'm sure it will go fine!