Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Shammrog » August 21st, 2009, 6:18 am

It'll drive you crazy.
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » August 21st, 2009, 6:19 am

(I mean, like completely fucking bat-shit...)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 6:20 am

Shammrog wrote:I mean, I am starting to feel like Tina Turner.
You know, you could always take it out on wilson... ;)

OH WAIT... wilson is back to his normal stellar form in SCRABBLE. :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 6:35 am

Lavabe wrote:
Shammrog wrote:I mean, I am starting to feel like Tina Turner.
You know, you could always take it out on wilson... ;)

OH WAIT... wilson is back to his normal stellar form in SCRABBLE. :-bd
By the way, wilson is REALLY back in form. Gone are the days of all vowels. :-l :-l He is in top form again. And he means business. :ymbringiton:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 21st, 2009, 7:17 am

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I have a cricket in the house. Wish one of the cats would track it down and deal with it.
Tilly when I was growing up, I used rubber bands and would see how far away I could get to shoot 'm! It is kind of fun, stun them then go in for the clicker!!!!! :D
When I was in junior high and high school, I wore braces. At times, my orthodontist had me wearing rubber bands. I learned how to shoot the rubber bands from my mouth across the classroom. Shooting those rubber bands was the ONLY good thing about wearing braces.
That is the COOLEST thing ever. How was your aim? I never had braces, but I learned to gleek pretty well. I could arc a shot over a kid in front of me and hit his test paper.

As for the rubber bands, did you ever have army men battles? We'd set up army men in strategic positions, then shoot rubber bands to knock them down, taking turns. The first one to knock down all his opponent's soldiers won. It was LOTS of fun. :ymcowboy: Speaking of soldiers, this little guy kind of looks like a drill sergeant to me. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2009, 8:00 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I could have told him that in person as cl15876 is sitting on the couch beside me, but I preferred padding my post count.
Maybe I'll come visit y'all tomorrow. Bunchofnumbers can rip my DVD onto my jump drive and I can show you both my widget. Now before y'all get all bent out of shape, this is my new widget http://www.continentalpowerworx.com/residential
Interesting..I need to get up with you about that. I've got a number of clients that we are constantly having problems with and replacing equipment due to power issues that even localized heavy duty surge strips don't seem to help.
{begin power protection expert mode]"Localized heavy duty surge strips" are fine as a secondary protection device, even recommended in that role, but having whole house surge protection, mounted on the panel, is key. The fact that my widget also provides the harmonics filtration to clean up the wave form is a big bonus for clean power. And people usually buy the device because it will save 5 to 15% on their electric bill every month, which is its primary function. That said, your clients also may be candidates for online, double conversion UPS's, which recreate the AC sine wave on a full time basis, plus provide battery backup when the power gets really bad or goes out. Yes, we can definitely talk! [/power protection expert mode]
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 8:07 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:That said, your clients also may be candidates for online, double conversion UPS's, which recreate the AC sine wave on a full time basis, ...
Huh? :-\ :-\
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2009, 8:19 am

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:That said, your clients also may be candidates for online, double conversion UPS's, which recreate the AC sine wave on a full time basis, ...
Huh? :-\ :-\
A double conversion UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) provides the best in clean power. AC power from the source comes in, goes through a rectifier and is converted to DC, then goes through an inverter to recreate the AC power needed to run your devices ona full time basis. It corrects these problems http://www.youpowerthrough.com/educatio ... blems.html

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 8:21 am

I am completely lost when it gets to discussing the AC sine wave/UPS's and the derivation of chemistry.
@-)

Thanks for the explanation, Oz.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2009, 8:22 am

Lavabe wrote:I am completely lost when it gets to discussing the AC sine wave/UPS's and the derivation of chemistry.
@-)

Thanks for the explanation, Oz.
You're welcome. Lemurs generally don't need them, but the people studying them might!

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I was reading the FAQ for the first time. I found this little gem.
"What is my rank and how do I change it?
Ranks, which appear below your username, indicate the number of posts you have made or identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators. In general, you cannot directly change the wording of any board ranks as they are set by the board administrator. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank. Most boards will not tolerate this and the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
:oops:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am

CellR wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Another one...
"What are Smilies?
Smilies, or Emoticons, are small images which can be used to express a feeling using a short code, e.g. :) denotes happy, while :( denotes sad. The full list of emoticons can be seen in the posting form. Try not to overuse smilies, however, as they can quickly render a post unreadable and a moderator may edit them out or remove the post altogether. The board administrator may also have set a limit to the number of smilies you may use within a post."

Once again..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Can we edit the FAQ?! :ugeek:
:oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 8:29 am

Lavabe wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I was reading the FAQ for the first time. I found this little gem.
"What is my rank and how do I change it?
Ranks, which appear below your username, indicate the number of posts you have made or identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators. In general, you cannot directly change the wording of any board ranks as they are set by the board administrator. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank. Most boards will not tolerate this and the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count. "
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
In the case of devildeac, I think he is posting just to maintain his rank. :D
But none last PM. We went out dancing and afterwards, I was pretty rank anyway... :oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 8:33 am

Whew, not much activity last evening on the LTE so I had a good rest and not much moderating to perform...

You folks are great.

Keep up the good work.

Back to your regularly scheduled PW'ing...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 8:55 am

Damn Braves games this weekend (another huge series) aren't on TV here. Shitty.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 9:06 am

This morning as I was driving to work, I ended up behind a green beemer with a carolina sticker on the back window. We were in the right lane when he/she turned on their left blinker so I assumed they were going to move over the left lane. But, no!!! They turned right onto the exit for the highway. Oh did I have a good laugh. And, what's worse/ironic, is they parked in the garage the doctors/high up admins park in.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
I worship the Blue Devil!
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 21st, 2009, 9:16 am

Dear King DD,
I noticed this Friday morning at 8:34 that you were on CTN. Soooo, how you are able to do your work and be online with CrazieTalk at the same time?!! ;)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 9:19 am

In honor of what would have been my Dad's 85th birthday, for those so inclined, please have a gin martini this evening. He was a wonderful gentleman.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 9:21 am

DukieInKansas wrote:In honor of what would have been my Dad's 85th birthday, for those so inclined, please have a gin martini this evening. He was a wonderful gentleman.
I will definitely do this. Vibes and a :ymhug: on a day when I'm sure you're missing your pop.