LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2009, 12:57 pm

Just checking in...
That should complete my midday flurry... :oops: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 3:33 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Turk wrote:The boys were out howlin at the moon tonight after hoops. I doubt this is original but we had great fun with the phrrase "outkicked his coverage". As in, "How can that dorky looking dude hang around with that pretty girl? He's totally outkicked his coverage..."
It's on urbandictionary.com with 40 up votes and 2 down votes.

I'd never heard that phrase. I like it.
Really? I've heard it before. Maybe cause I'm a former football player. We've used it for years.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 20th, 2009, 4:37 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Turk wrote:The boys were out howlin at the moon tonight after hoops. I doubt this is original but we had great fun with the phrrase "outkicked his coverage". As in, "How can that dorky looking dude hang around with that pretty girl? He's totally outkicked his coverage..."
It's on urbandictionary.com with 40 up votes and 2 down votes.

I'd never heard that phrase. I like it.

One of the many variations on 'punching above his weight'.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 20th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Capture the Flag time! On the golf course. \m/
I figure we should use flashlights for flags... Ugh, enforcing the rules can be difficult in this game.
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 20th, 2009, 9:35 pm

I have a cricket in the house. Wish one of the cats would track it down and deal with it.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 20th, 2009, 9:47 pm

Tomorrow is Friday!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2009, 9:49 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I have a cricket in the house. Wish one of the cats would track it down and deal with it.
Is it missing now? If so, it quickly made it's way to my house.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2009, 9:50 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:We had 4.5 inches over the weekend and about 2 inches since then. My neighbor didn't have to water my garden while I was gone - YEAH!
Have you turned your A/C on yet?
It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature.
And it is off again! Temps expected to be 10 degrees below normal and lower humidity too! I'm a happy girl!
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 9:56 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Tomorrow is Friday!
For me today is Friday, I'm driving to Pulaski, Va. for the weekend tomorrow morning. I'll be driving through Durham, so I'll wave to you triangle folks as I pass by.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 20th, 2009, 10:11 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I have a cricket in the house. Wish one of the cats would track it down and deal with it.
Damn escapee! He must have fled from my back porch this morning. There's your first housewarming gift! @};-
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
For me today is Friday, I'm driving to Pulaski, Va. for the weekend tomorrow morning. I'll be driving through Durham, so I'll wave to you triangle folks as I pass by.
For me, it's only Wednesday night. Maybe, with any luck, I might escape to Patrick County on Sunday.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 10:27 pm

I was reading the FAQ for the first time. I found this little gem.
"What is my rank and how do I change it?
Ranks, which appear below your username, indicate the number of posts you have made or identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators. In general, you cannot directly change the wording of any board ranks as they are set by the board administrator. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank. Most boards will not tolerate this and the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 10:29 pm

Another one...
"What are Smilies?
Smilies, or Emoticons, are small images which can be used to express a feeling using a short code, e.g. :) denotes happy, while :( denotes sad. The full list of emoticons can be seen in the posting form. Try not to overuse smilies, however, as they can quickly render a post unreadable and a moderator may edit them out or remove the post altogether. The board administrator may also have set a limit to the number of smilies you may use within a post."

Once again..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 20th, 2009, 11:38 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Another one...
"What are Smilies?
Smilies, or Emoticons, are small images which can be used to express a feeling using a short code, e.g. :) denotes happy, while :( denotes sad. The full list of emoticons can be seen in the posting form. Try not to overuse smilies, however, as they can quickly render a post unreadable and a moderator may edit them out or remove the post altogether. The board administrator may also have set a limit to the number of smilies you may use within a post."

Once again..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Can we edit the FAQ?! :ugeek:
Class of 2014
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 20th, 2009, 11:39 pm

Tilly when I was growing up, I used rubber bands and would see how far away I could get to shoot 'm! It is kind of fun, stun them then go in for the clicker!!!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 20th, 2009, 11:45 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"quote="DukieInKansas""We had 4.5 inches over the weekend and about 2 inches since then. My neighbor didn't have to water my garden while I was gone - YEAH!"/quote"

Have you turned your A/C on yet?
It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature.
And it is off again! Temps expected to be 10 degrees below normal and lower humidity too! I'm a happy girl!
YAY!!! Turn them fans on!!!! Go GREEN! SAVE Electricity!!!! :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:53 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Tilly when I was growing up, I used rubber bands and would see how far away I could get to shoot 'm! It is kind of fun, stun them then go in for the clicker!!!!! :D
When I was in junior high and high school, I wore braces. At times, my orthodontist had me wearing rubber bands. I learned how to shoot the rubber bands from my mouth across the classroom. Shooting those rubber bands was the ONLY good thing about wearing braces.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 20th, 2009, 11:54 pm

:-h :-h What is in Pulaski, VA? I am here in NC waving as you drive by!!!! :-h :-h
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:55 pm

cl15876 wrote:
:-h :-h What is in Pulaski, VA? I am here in NC waving as you drive by!!!! :-h :-h
His mom lives in Pulaski.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:56 pm

I could have told him that in person as cl15876 is sitting on the couch beside me, but I preferred padding my post count.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 11:57 pm

CathyCA wrote:I could have told him that in person as cl15876 is sitting on the couch beside me, but I preferred padding my post count.
That's the way you stay in the top 10!