LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2009, 3:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:My goodness, the rain is coming down in buckets here all of a sudden!!!! I hope it continues, WE needed it bad!!!! :-bd :ympray: :-bd :ympray: :-bd :ympray: :-bd :ympray: :-bd :ympray: :-bd :ympray: Thank god I cut my lawn yesterday!!!! ;)
Can you send some down here? I haven't cut my lawn in a month as it looks so dry.
We've had lots of rain east of Raleigh in the last few weeks.
We had 4.5 inches over the weekend and about 2 inches since then. My neighbor didn't have to water my garden while I was gone - YEAH!
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2009, 4:03 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:We had 4.5 inches over the weekend and about 2 inches since then. My neighbor didn't have to water my garden while I was gone - YEAH!
Have you turned your A/C on yet?
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2009, 4:35 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:We had 4.5 inches over the weekend and about 2 inches since then. My neighbor didn't have to water my garden while I was gone - YEAH!
Have you turned your A/C on yet?
It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2009, 4:46 pm

bjornolf wrote: Oh, and 8-x , check my avatar.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2009, 4:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature.
I've been turning mine down at night so I can sleep comfortably, and then back up in the morning. My system allows me to program it so I don't have to change it, but I haven't figured out how to do program it.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2009, 4:54 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature.
I've been turning mine down at night so I can sleep comfortably, and then back up in the morning. My system allows me to program it so I don't have to change it, but I haven't figured out how to do program it.
It isn't too hard to figure out. Mine has a weekday and weekend program so during the week it adjusts for morning and evening and then just for the day on the weekend. Best investment I ever made because I would forget to change the temp when I left for work.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 19th, 2009, 4:55 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
You RICH GIRLS.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2009, 4:57 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Yes I am. But not in the material sense.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 19th, 2009, 5:09 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote: These get better all the time. :D

Where's the beer smilie? ;)
How about these? Image Image Image

Last one's a bottle cap.

Oh, and 8-x , check my avatar. ;) Here's a better one, though: Image
%%-
The beer smilies are AWESOME!

The last one could be a ZZ Top smilie... :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2009, 5:12 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
I should have pointed out that it was the best $30 I ever spent. I know you can spend a whole lot more on some of them. Mine is a Hunter and I had my brother-in-law help me install it.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 19th, 2009, 5:37 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"quote="DukieInKansas""It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature."/quote"

I should have pointed out that it was the best $30 I ever spent. I know you can spend a whole lot more on some of them. Mine is a Hunter and I had my brother-in-law help me install it.
:oops: :oops: :oops: I was ONLY playing!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2009, 6:02 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
cl15876 wrote: quote="TillyGalore" "quote="DukieInKansas""It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature."/quote"

I've been turning mine down at night so I can sleep comfortably, and then back up in the morning. My system allows me to program it so I don't have to change it, but I haven't figured out how to do program it. /quote

I know - I just wanted to point out to people that you can install a programmable thermostate rather inexpensively. I had originally been seeing programmable thermostats for $300 or so. I think they have come down in price but I went with a lesser quality for a cheaper price. I am on my second $30 thermostat over about 16 years.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 19th, 2009, 6:05 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:"quote="cl15876"" quote="TillyGalore" "quote="DukieInKansas""It has been back on. Now it is on for the humidity factor more than the temperature."/quote"

I've been turning mine down at night so I can sleep comfortably, and then back up in the morning. My system allows me to program it so I don't have to change it, but I haven't figured out how to do program it. "/quote"

You RICH GIRLS.... :roll: :roll: :roll:"/quote"

I know - I just wanted to point out to people that you can install a programmable thermostate rather inexpensively. I had originally been seeing programmable thermostats for $300 or so. I think they have come down in price but I went with a lesser quality for a cheaper price. I am on my second $30 thermostat over about 16 years.
Damn, that is AWESOME!!!!! :-bd
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 19th, 2009, 6:08 pm

I got a pretty good one for $20 at Costco about 8 years ago, and never had trouble with it, even though it moved with us.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 19th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Bjorn, your smilie looks like my messiest young Turk after he's plowed through a bowl of chocolate ice cream... If he ever goes online I'm going to need to borrow it... :ymparty:
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 19th, 2009, 6:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: I'm the female equivalent of DD in terms of post count? Holy crap! I need a life. ;) ;)
According to CTN's post count feature you are. You're right behind DD, me, Wilson, CB&B, and 8-x who I'm pretty sure are all guys. ;)
-
Over yonder I was always mistaken for a woman. I wonder if I should put that in the softer side thread?
At least everyone could pronounce your name correctly. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 19th, 2009, 6:40 pm

cl15876 wrote:I am sorry to report that I won't be able to make the 1st brunchgate! :((
That makes me sad. :(
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 19th, 2009, 6:42 pm

cl15876 wrote:DukePA - I saw YOU earlier today and YOU didn't say hello!!!!! I and WE miss YOU!!!!! :-h
She called me from Myrtle to say she only has access on her iPhone. She not giving the moneygrubbing hotel the 10 bux per day they want for internet access. I wouldn't want to either, that's beer money!
And besides, she's at the beach on vacation! She should be enjoying the surf, the sand, the friends, the beer, the seafood!

Crazietalk can wait.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 19th, 2009, 6:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:DukePA - I saw YOU earlier today and YOU didn't say hello!!!!! I and WE miss YOU!!!!! :-h
She called me from Myrtle to say she only has access on her iPhone. She not giving the moneygrubbing hotel the 10 bux per day they want for internet access. I wouldn't want to either, that's beer money!
And besides, she's at the beach on vacation! She should be enjoying the surf, the sand, the friends, the beer, the seafood!

Crazietalk can wait.
I agree, but ONE always the lurking thought... OMG, how much am I going to have to catch up ON... PW opportunity :)) !!!
I can attest to that, but OOOOO, how exhausting!!!!! ;) :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 19th, 2009, 6:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:She just seems to have a built-in radar for times that I want to take off. Her events always seem to trump mine. Or maybe I'm just too nice. I almost went off on her after the weekend I missed my reunion. I had worked all weekend because of trying to fix a mess that she left, and she came in on Monday complaining because she had spent 10 hrs in the car the day before. I smiled and gritted my teeth.
Yeah...you're a better person than I. No doubt I'd have cussed her out by now.
I can tell that it's time for a vacation because it's getting more difficult to keep from going off on her. :)
I'm mentally kicking her shins from North Carolina!

~ James Naismith