LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » August 18th, 2009, 10:39 am

So, Ozzie has 999 posts. If he sticks to his word and waits a few hours to post it, making it a good #1000 post, we have a few hours to say whatever we want without being stopped by him. :D :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 18th, 2009, 11:22 am

CellR wrote:So, Ozzie has 999 posts. If he sticks to his word and waits a few hours to post it, making it a good #1000 post, we have a few hours to say whatever we want without being stopped by him. :D :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Not gonna happen! :mrgreen:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 11:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Can't decide if I want to get that or a zoom first. I'm seeing what I can do with my current lens before getting others. Creve Coeur Camera rents lenses, so I may take advantage of that before buying. That would give me a chance to try things out and see what I like best.
You really should take a class on it. Macro photography, with a class, is a lot of fun, and the images you can get can be stunning, especially with MoBot nearby. Without a class, you'll feel lost, at first, and you won't learn half the stuff you can do with your camera.
I've already scoped out some classes at CCC that I want to take. The last one was great enough to convince me that it would be a good place to take photography classes. A coworker told me that the MoBot also offers photography classes on occasion.
Yes they do, but if you've never worked a digital macro before, I'd opt for CCC.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 11:44 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Actually, the camera only came with one lens: a 15-105mm zoom. Resolution is 12.3 megapixels. Compared to your usual point-and-shoot, it is big. It was a bit heavier than the D60, in fact, which almost made me go D60. However, the D90 is higher resolution and has faster shutter speeds, which makes it better in low light. It also has a built-in autofocus motor, which the D60 doesn't have. The D90 is basically the D300 (their pro level camera) in a different body.
On my way out of Madagascar, I met a herp student who had a D300, with MONDO Macro. I think he took like 10000 photos in a few weeks. SERIOUS camera!

All I can say is that he re-affirmed my belief that Nikon Macros are in a league of their own. WOW!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 11:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Umm... bad quoting again. I believe I made mention of the Nikon Macro lens.

Technically, all the research types say either MOBOT or MBG. I suspect most St. Louisans will call it MoBot as well. You will also hear a lot of local people call it "Shaw's Garden." :-?
Yes, indeed. How awful of me! Sorry about that. Dang 3-quote embedded rule. How many points do I lose, Prof?
:oops:
You don't lose points on CrazieTalk.Net. You might lose posts, but NEVER points. ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:Okay, okay, see, you got me PWing again. I'm done. Now that we're down to 20.

And I wanted to post a suggestion. I think the current deity of PWing (the person in the lead) should have the honor of making the milestone posts in general. Afterall, he/she would be the mayor of PW town at the time. Kind of like a ribbon cutting ceremony or presenting the keys to the city. CB&B, as our founder, should also get a few of them. So should the MODs, and Coach K, if he ever bothered to post in these threads that are beneath him. ;)

%%-
My only suggestion would be that if you post a board and/or personal milestone, it oughta be more than something like "gee, whiz, here's post #1000" (or 5000 or whatever). It doesn't have to be a short story or novel but put an extra minute or two of thought and creativity into it to make it memorable in some manner in addition to just the #.

Just remember who'll be watching you... ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:15 pm

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote: Nah, I think the big milestones should go to whomever happens to be in the right place at the right time...just like they have been.
My suggestion was 99% tongue in cheek, dude.

I still think we should REQUIRE DD, now that he is both MOD AND king PW, to put the king emoticon in his avatar. And that, I'm 99% serious about.

%%-
No objection from me. Stick it in the smilie list and I'll make it my signature.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Miles wrote:Where is DevilAlumna?
In a suburb of Seattle...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Miles wrote:Where is bostondevil?
In beantown...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Miles wrote:Where is dukepa?
At the Crystal Coast looking for a job.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 12:43 pm

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote: Nah, I think the big milestones should go to whomever happens to be in the right place at the right time...just like they have been.
My suggestion was 99% tongue in cheek, dude.

I still think we should REQUIRE DD, now that he is both MOD AND king PW, to put the king emoticon in his avatar. And that, I'm 99% serious about.

%%-
No objection from me. Stick it in the smilie list and I'll make it my signature.
I don't think I can do that. If you go to the other thread where it's mentioned, though, I gave you complete instructions for making it your avatar. ;) You can do the same to put it in your signature, too, just hit the Img button on the edit signature page and put the URL I posted between the Img brackets.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:46 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

I don't think I can do that. If you go to the other thread where it's mentioned, though, I gave you complete instructions for making it your avatar. ;) You can do the same to put it in your signature, too, just hit the Img button on the edit signature page and put the URL I posted between the Img brackets.

%%-
I'll try this, too.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Yay! I'm queen of the PWs! Off with their heads!

Maybe Donna should make this HER avatar or signature, seeing as she's the female MOD. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2009, 1:18 pm

DD has ten to go. Anxiously awaiting what and where you choose to post.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Wow, are they going soft over on DBR? A-Tex Devil just made a post containing the words, "m'er'f'ing" and I haven't seen any kind of stink over it. When I was still posting there a lot, i tried to do "f'ing" and got busted for it. What, adding "m'er" makes it all better? I'm confused. Again.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 18th, 2009, 2:15 pm

bjornolf wrote:Wow, are they going soft over on DBR? A-Tex Devil just made a post containing the words, "m'er'f'ing" and I haven't seen any kind of stink over it. When I was still posting there a lot, i tried to do "f'ing" and got busted for it. What, adding "m'er" makes it all better? I'm confused. Again.

%%-
It's okay, let me dig up another math problem!!!!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 18th, 2009, 3:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CellR wrote:So, Ozzie has 999 posts. If he sticks to his word and waits a few hours to post it, making it a good #1000 post, we have a few hours to say whatever we want without being stopped by him. :D :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Not gonna happen! :mrgreen:
Blast. My plan is foiled... :evil: :D
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 18th, 2009, 3:14 pm

bjornolf wrote:Wow, are they going soft over on DBR? A-Tex Devil just made a post containing the words, "m'er'f'ing" and I haven't seen any kind of stink over it. When I was still posting there a lot, i tried to do "f'ing" and got busted for it. What, adding "m'er" makes it all better? I'm confused. Again.

%%-
I wonder what would happen if we ("I") were to point these things out...
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 18th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Umm... bad quoting again. I believe I made mention of the Nikon Macro lens.

Technically, all the research types say either MOBOT or MBG. I suspect most St. Louisans will call it MoBot as well. You will also hear a lot of local people call it "Shaw's Garden." :-?
Yes, indeed. How awful of me! Sorry about that. Dang 3-quote embedded rule. How many points do I lose, Prof?
:oops:
You don't lose points on CrazieTalk.Net. You might lose posts, but NEVER points. ;)
Losing posts seems to be much worse than losing points. :D
If there wasn't a post count underneath our names, I'm not sure how much posting there would actually be on this site. Certainly not as much as there is!
Class of 2014
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2009, 3:55 pm

Wilson - this one's for you:

Life is good!