Need some help from my girl friends

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Need some help from my girl friends

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 11:45 am

Bostondevil wrote:...cute, 20-something...
:-o Where?
Bostondevil wrote:On the homefront, Victoria's Secret bras used to be my favorite but now they are just pretty to look at with no practical value.
But there's something to be said for this every once in a while too, right?
Bostondevil wrote:When I wear see through shirts, I usually put a lacy camisole over the unmentionables. Would that get me a drink, do you think?
Definitely.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 11:47 am

devildeac wrote:I think that would have the gentlemen here (term applied very loosely) lining up at the bar for you. :ymblushing:
:-w Speak for yourself. I always treat the ladies nicely.
And the girls. ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 2nd, 2009, 11:50 am

Bostondevil wrote:My favorite sports bras are Champions. One bit of advice I learned the hard way, when training for a marathon SEAMLESS sports bras are the way to go. I call mine the puppies. And when I'm running more than 5 miles, I want those puppies squished to the point of absolute immobility. Another bit of advice, when the cute, 20-something, A-cup tells you that inside your sports bra is a great place to store you GUs on a 20 miler? Do not listen. And finally, no matter how much support your favorite underwire gives the puppies, do not run in one. Anybody remember the horror story from training for my first marathon, the one that involved a broken underwire?

On the homefront, Victoria's Secret bras used to be my favorite but now they are just pretty to look at with no practical value. I'm looking for a good place to buy a bra. I'm an odd size, truthfully I'm a 35, 34s are just a bit too small and 36s are too big. When I wear see through shirts, I usually put a lacy camisole over the unmentionables. Would that get me a drink, do you think?
What about getting bra extenders to attached to the 34s? I found some, inexpensive ones, at the Legg's outlet in Morrisvile. Not sure if there is one in or near Newton. I think they are also available online from the Vermont Country Store.
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 11:53 am

wilson wrote:
Right here.
klpboots.jpg
klpboots.jpg (78.29 KiB) Viewed 330 times

You just may have to take out Colchar first. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 2nd, 2009, 11:58 am

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:On the homefront, Victoria's Secret bras used to be my favorite but now they are just pretty to look at with no practical value.
I do own one. It's black. Is there an angel smilie?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 2nd, 2009, 11:59 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:My favorite sports bras are Champions. One bit of advice I learned the hard way, when training for a marathon SEAMLESS sports bras are the way to go. I call mine the puppies. And when I'm running more than 5 miles, I want those puppies squished to the point of absolute immobility. Another bit of advice, when the cute, 20-something, A-cup tells you that inside your sports bra is a great place to store you GUs on a 20 miler? Do not listen. And finally, no matter how much support your favorite underwire gives the puppies, do not run in one. Anybody remember the horror story from training for my first marathon, the one that involved a broken underwire?

On the homefront, Victoria's Secret bras used to be my favorite but now they are just pretty to look at with no practical value. I'm looking for a good place to buy a bra. I'm an odd size, truthfully I'm a 35, 34s are just a bit too small and 36s are too big. When I wear see through shirts, I usually put a lacy camisole over the unmentionables. Would that get me a drink, do you think?
What about getting bra extenders to attached to the 34s? I found some, inexpensive ones, at the Legg's outlet in Morrisvile. Not sure if there is one in or near Newton. I think they are also available online from the Vermont Country Store.
I have never heard of bra extenders! The rest of you can now feel very superior to me. They might be worth a try.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 12:01 pm

Bostondevil wrote: I do own one. It's black. Is there an angel smilie?

I do too - I also have red. :ymdevil:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 2nd, 2009, 12:32 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
wilson wrote:
I do own one. It's black. Is there an angel smilie?
O:-)

But it could be a : :ymdevil: ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 2nd, 2009, 1:49 pm

windsor wrote:
Bostondevil wrote: I do own one. It's black. Is there an angel smilie?

I do too - I also have red. :ymdevil:
Question: Red? Or black?
Answer: Both! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 2nd, 2009, 1:52 pm

windsor wrote:
wilson wrote:
Right here.
klpboots.jpg

You just may have to take out Colchar first. :D
Day-um! Windsor's daughter is still hot! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 2nd, 2009, 2:07 pm

I'm glad to see there is some real substance in this thread finally. Thanks. :-bd
Also, wilson is correct, increasing visible lace also increases odds I'll buy you a drink.
sMiles
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 2nd, 2009, 2:32 pm

wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

Starting off - I still quest for a sports bra that keeps the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits!
I prefer Champion sports bras. They really keep the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits.

Not sure if Windsor was serious about having a conversation about bras, but will be happy to share what I wear to help the girls look their best.

I too love the Talbot's outlets. Last December I shopped the on-line outlet for my trip to Hawaii, and spent about $125 on 4 pairs of capris, 2 skirts, and 1 shirt.

The year before that, I bought $1200 worth of clothes for $32. I was at the outlet, had a 30 or 40% off coupon, and a dividend check or two, plus their 70% off prices. Oh yeah! I <3 Talbot's outlet stores.

Whenever I visit my mom, we visit the Talbot's outlet in the Baltimore area. It's become a ritual.
I'm a big fan of outlet stores too. I frequent a couple of J. Crew outlets. Among the most beautiful sights in the world to me is walking into an outlet store and seeing "sale" signs everywhere. Discounted discounts are wonderful. It was in this fashion that, back in June, I scored three button-down shirts, three pairs of boxers, and three pairs of argyles for about $65 (or the original price of just one of the shirts).

And you have answered the age old question for us. Thank you. ;;)
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 3:01 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:...you have answered the age old question for us. Thank you. ;;)
What question would that be? Have you just been wondering how I manage to look this good on a graduate student's budget? B-)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 2nd, 2009, 3:04 pm

My wife is always trying to find a good bra. Unfortunately, it's really hard for her to find a bra with enough support that doesn't look like an armored tank. She wears a 36H when she's not pregnant or nursing. When she is, it's a 38J. Try finding THOSE on a shelf. :twitch:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 2nd, 2009, 3:09 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:...you have answered the age old question for us. Thank you. ;;)
What question would that be? Have you just been wondering how I manage to look this good on a graduate student's budget? B-)

Yeah . . . umm, sure - that question. :ymblushing:
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 3:16 pm

bjornolf wrote:My wife is always trying to find a good bra. Unfortunately, it's really hard for her to find a bra with enough support that doesn't look like an armored tank. She wears a 36H when she's not pregnant or nursing. When she is, it's a 38J. Try finding THOSE on a shelf. :twitch:

%%-
I bet shopping with her is fun, as soon as the size drifts even a little bit out of the norm it becomes really difficult. The powers that be assume that if you are anywhere beyond a DD you must want to wear the foundation garment equivilent of a flack jacket. Clothing wasn't much better until recently - if you wore anything bigger than a 14 you must want a Mu Mu.

Where does she find them? Online? Specialty store?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 2nd, 2009, 3:31 pm

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:My wife is always trying to find a good bra. Unfortunately, it's really hard for her to find a bra with enough support that doesn't look like an armored tank. She wears a 36H when she's not pregnant or nursing. When she is, it's a 38J. Try finding THOSE on a shelf. :twitch:

%%-
I bet shopping with her is fun, as soon as the size drifts even a little bit out of the norm it becomes really difficult. The powers that be assume that if you are anywhere beyond a DD you must want to wear the foundation garment equivilent of a flack jacket. Clothing wasn't much better until recently - if you wore anything bigger than a 14 you must want a Mu Mu.

Where does she find them? Online? Specialty store?
Yea, I usually buy them for her online. It usually takes me a few days to find good ones at a decent price. Then I have to buy several different sizes and styles. She tries them on and I send back all the ones that don't fit or hurt her, then order more of the ones that fit and are comfortable. There aren't really any out there that support her enough that look stylish at all. All her dresses and shirts have high necklines to keep the straps from showing. It kinda sucks for her.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 3:38 pm

bjornolf wrote: Yea, I usually buy them for her online. It usually takes me a few days to find good ones at a decent price. Then I have to buy several different sizes and styles. She tries them on and I send back all the ones that don't fit or hurt her, then order more of the ones that fit and are comfortable. There aren't really any out there that support her enough that look stylish at all. All her dresses and shirts have high necklines to keep the straps from showing. It kinda sucks for her.

%%-
Has she looked in to having custom made ones? I imagine it is pricey but if they are comfortable it would be worth it. One of my friends has her bras custom made I believe she said the first one was more expensive because there was a measuring and pattern fee...after that they 'aren't too bad'. The same person also has a few dresses/shirts custom made every year so that she can have some kind of 'style goin' on' as she likes to put it.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 2nd, 2009, 3:40 pm

My wife is the most pragmatic woman in the world. I've suggested that, but I just don't see her EVER agreeing to lay down the money for it, unfortunately.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 3:43 pm

bjornolf wrote:My wife is the most pragmatic woman in the world. I've suggested that, but I just don't see her EVER agreeing to lay down the money for it, unfortunately.

%%-
FInd some place, pay for it up front (non refundable) and make her go or waste the $$. Comfort is priceless.