Brunchgate 9-26 edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Brunchgate 9-26 edition

Post by DukePA » September 23rd, 2009, 10:50 am

I was going to save the mimosas for an early starting game, but as CB&B points out, we will be there early Saturday. Put me down for mimosas and chips and salsa.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 23rd, 2009, 11:12 am

CB&B, I was looking to post an official response to your "what time" question, but then realized that you posed the question over yonder...

Anyway, here's the official answer and an official question for next week - Oct. 3rd.
They will start setting them up at 9 am this weekend just like game 1. What time works for you guys next week? I am trying to get a feel from everyone
So what time will someone get there for the noon start on 10/3? Someone, I think DD, poopoo'd the idea of cooking eggs, but does anyone have a (gas) grill that we could cook eggs on? I sort of like that idea!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » September 23rd, 2009, 11:18 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:CB&B, I was looking to post an official response to your "what time" question, but then realized that you posed the question over yonder...

Anyway, here's the official answer and an official question for next week - Oct. 3rd.
They will start setting them up at 9 am this weekend just like game 1. What time works for you guys next week? I am trying to get a feel from everyone
So what time will someone get there for the noon start on 10/3? Someone, I think DD, poopoo'd the idea of cooking eggs, but does anyone have a (gas) grill that we could cook eggs on? I sort of like that idea!
Gas grill?!? We don't need no steen-king gas grill (also known to charcoal lovers as a "range" or "stove") to cook eggs. If you want eggs and all the sides, we can do that...
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 11:21 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:CB&B, I was looking to post an official response to your "what time" question, but then realized that you posed the question over yonder...

1. We didn't have eggs last year so I didn't want to promise them to jimsumner when I invited him, so I really didn't :poo: :poo: the idea. Eggs is eggs and we have cooked them on a grill when he had no power after Fran about a decade or more ago. I'll leave that one up to TNT.
2. This is really for next weeks thread (gentle reminder to stay on the 9/26 topic thread).

And, speak of the TNT :ymdevil: , he interjected a post prior to mine so it's his call.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 23rd, 2009, 11:27 am

TNTDevil wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:does anyone have a (gas) grill that we could cook eggs on? I sort of like that idea!
Gas grill?!? We don't need no steen-king gas grill (also known to charcoal lovers as a "range" or "stove") to cook eggs. If you want eggs and all the sides, we can do that...
I've been using my Weber Kettle for 32 years - we got it as a wedding present in 1977. I've always preferred charcoal. You have the grills and/or frying pans for eggs and bacon?

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 23rd, 2009, 12:12 pm

I'm planning on getting to the lot between 9 and 10. I'll wake up DukePA as we enter Durham. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 23rd, 2009, 12:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm planning on getting to the lot between 9 and 10. I'll wake up DukePA as we enter Durham. =))
Are you going to call her or nudge her? =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 11:06 pm

Nice response to allenmurray on the OTB: :)) =))
I also eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, though an occasional supper is enjoyed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 23rd, 2009, 11:07 pm

devildeac wrote:Nice response to allenmurray on the OTB: :)) =))
Thanks. He said he'd mail me a check, but I'm still waiting...

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 23rd, 2009, 11:11 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:Nice response to allenmurray on the OTB: :)) =))
Thanks. He said he'd mail me a check, but I'm still waiting...
Maybe in the South, he doesn't do checks. Perhaps they are cheques or bank drafts. :)) :roll:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 24th, 2009, 7:55 pm

I'm doing a practice run tonight for the barbecue. The first time I used the smoker I'm bringing, it didn't go so well. So I've got 3 pounds on tonight to get my heat levels right, so far so good, 2 and half hours in. Hope to be done about 10pm. I'll have quite a bit more smoking Saturday. TNT has volunteered his homemade sauce, which I remember from one of his tailgates last year. Awesome stuff. I'm rubbing the pork tomorrow night, it's a recipe I use a lot, comes out nice.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 24th, 2009, 8:40 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm doing a practice run tonight for the barbecue. The first time I used the smoker I'm bringing, it didn't go so well. So I've got 3 pounds on tonight to get my heat levels right, so far so good, 2 and half hours in. Hope to be done about 10pm. I'll have quite a bit more smoking Saturday. TNT has volunteered his homemade sauce, which I remember from one of his tailgates last year. Awesome stuff. I'm rubbing the pork tomorrow night, it's a recipe I use a lot, comes out nice.
Damn, talk about a TEST! WOW!!! I haven't eaten tonight and was considering ordering Chinese!!! :-) I'm thinking that IS A GOOD IDEA, but I would have eaten your fix'ns! Thanks for including me in the family experiment especially since I was out of town! I miss you bro!!!! ^:)^ :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :D ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 24th, 2009, 11:27 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I'm rubbing the pork tomorrow night, it's a recipe I use a lot, comes out nice.
I am astounded 8-x did not extract this from your post... :roll: :)) =))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 24th, 2009, 11:28 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: I'm rubbing the pork tomorrow night, it's a recipe I use a lot, comes out nice.
I am astounded 8-x did not extract this from your post... :roll: :)) =))
:facepalm2:
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 25th, 2009, 7:13 am

Hey guys! I think my Dad and I are going to be able to make it for the last 2 hours or so before the game. Is there anything I should bring?
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 25th, 2009, 7:44 am

CellR wrote:Hey guys! I think my Dad and I are going to be able to make it for the last 2 hours or so before the game. Is there anything I should bring?
Look through the posts since TNTDevil's (about 1 page back) and see what might be missing from the menu or PM him and ask him directly. We will not arrive until about 5 PM, after wedding/reception festivities are nearly over. We won't be very hungry either as our sit-down din-lun-sup ( :roll: -from the DBR Brunchgate thread discussion :)) =)) ) won't be served until about 230 PM. We will be thirsty however. ;) :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 25th, 2009, 8:23 am

CellR wrote:Hey guys! I think my Dad and I are going to be able to make it for the last 2 hours or so before the game. Is there anything I should bring?
Your appetite.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 25th, 2009, 8:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Your appetite.
Are you sure you want your dad to meet these jokers who have been warping your young mind? :o)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 25th, 2009, 11:59 am

I'm copying Jim Sumner's DBR post:

From Duke

"As part of new federal security guidelines, backpacks and large bags are no longer permitted inside Wallace Wade Stadium. Vehicles also are prohibited from the stadium concourse.

The adjustments, which take effect Saturday as Duke hosts N.C. Central in football at 7 p.m., come as a result of national recommendations from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that have been distributed to sports venues in the wake of recent terrorism-related arrests in Colorado and New York.

John Dailey, Duke University’s chief of police, said Duke’s bag and vehicle policies are not the result of any specific threat at Duke or in Durham. “This is a proactive measure to help enhance an already safe game-day experience,” he said.

Other schools like the University of Michigan issued similar guidelines this week and banned purses and all other bags from its football stadium. UNC-Chapel Hill has already banned backpacks and large bags inside Kenan Stadium.

As is current policy at Wallace Wade, all bags are subject to search."
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 25th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Does everyone have some good blue rain gear? Looks like it's going to be needed tomorrow, especially in the evening!