Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 10:51 am

devildeac wrote:
Imagine what you could do if you were taller:

1. Be a DB
2. Be a QB
3. Be a PG
4. all of the above

;) :D
Also you can be a Fat Head on FDA's bedroom wall. Short people don't get turned into Fat Heads.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Duke vs. Army

Post by Rolvix » September 13th, 2009, 11:29 am

devildeac wrote: Imagine what you could do if you were taller:

1. Be a DB
2. Be a QB
3. Be a PG
4. all of the above

Taller people are more successful, as displayed by Renfree :lol: =)) . Of course they die ten years earlier as well.
Class of 2014
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 13th, 2009, 11:46 am

CellR wrote:
devildeac wrote: Imagine what you could do if you were taller:

1. Be a DB
2. Be a QB
3. Be a PG
4. all of the above

Taller people are more successful, as displayed by Renfree :lol: =)) . Of course they die ten years earlier as well.
This sounds like a description of large breeds of dogs versus small ones. ;)
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 13th, 2009, 12:38 pm

dukediv2012 wrote:Duke played extremely well yesterday! The first quarter was kind of scary, but I think it was because the team was too hyped up. In the locker room before the game, I thought that Vinny Rey was going to murder someone (he is the scariest person on earth).

Duke's first offensive possession was weak, and the first defensive set was AWFUL. I had the opportunity to ask Vinny Rey about that first drive after the game and he said, "They threw a play at us that we never saw on tape and we weren't ready for it. Sometimes that option offense can be really tricky, so it is hard to get used to it on the first possession." After the first drive the defense was amazing. We gave up a ton of yards in the first quarter, but not many points. The defense hunkered down at the right points yesterday which is alway encouraging.

Sean Renfree is the real deal folks. Duke's offense clicked while he was in the game in the 2nd half. I don't know what the plan is going to be for next week, but it should be an interesting week of practice...

Next week will be a true test of Duke's progress in practice this week.

The weekend was great up in NY and got even better this morning when I got a call from my group saying, "Your exemption really worked! You are the ONLY one from our group to get SEASON TICKETS FOR DUKE BASKETBALL!" March 6, 2010 can't come soon enough! My first ever Duke vs. Carolina game at CIS.

GO DUKE! FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL!

Congrats on the season tickets. Now, for March 6th- you will have to camp out at least one night for a good spot in CIS. Arrive at the front of CIS as early on the 5th as possible and sign yourself up and those who will be with you. Lots of people pitch tents, but if the overnight weather is going to be close to freezing or below, have your tent in your car but don't put it up. Grad students have been allowed to spend the night in the IM gym when the weather is cold. They're usually allowed in around 12am, after Coach K speaks to students inside CIS. The sooner you get into the IM gym, the better your chances of getting one of those crazy huge cushy mats to "sleep" on. It's very loud in there with the inevitable drunks raising hell. There is usually a managers' bball game after K speaks. The holes managers vs Duke managers. It's all fun. Bring beer and munchies. I hope you get to see a Duke win over the holes as a student. I never did :(
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 13th, 2009, 1:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote: 3. We only averaged 36+ yards/punt.
I hate punt stats because they can be misleading. If you are kicking most of your punts from the 50, or their side of the field, then the average will be shorter. So it can either mean your punter sucks, or the offense did well often enough to move the ball before stalling on their side.
That's why they keep track of touchbacks and "downed inside the 20" stats. It's also why they keep track of "net yardage" on a punt. If you kill the ball every time, but you're kicking line drives and out-kicking your coverage, you may have a 50 yard punting average, but your net average is gonna be closer to 30 yards.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2009, 2:05 pm

devildeac wrote:
Imagine what you could do if you were taller:

1. Be a DB
2. Be a QB
3. Be a PG
4. all of the above

Also you can be a Fat Head on FDA's bedroom wall. Short people don't get turned into Fat Heads.
=))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Lewis is the man for next week.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_fo ... y/5992375/

Rightfully so I think. But it's pretty sweet knowing we have two winners as options.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 13th, 2009, 8:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Lewis is the man for next week.

Rightfully so I think. But it's pretty sweet knowing we have two winners as options.
I'm glad Lewis is still the man. I would have been pretty disappointed if they pulled him, because I would say a majority of his woes were a result of the O-Line, and not so much his ability. Renfree just happened to join the game when the line finally got it figured out. ;)
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 8:28 pm

CellR wrote:

I'm glad Lewis is still the man. I would have been pretty disappointed if they pulled him, because I would say a majority of his woes were a result of the O-Line, and not so much his ability. Renfree just happened to join the game when the line finally got it figured out. ;)
I agree. I watched the game again today, Thad did lots of things well, under tons of pressure. The recievers weren't catching, and there were at least 2 pass interference calls. While Renfree got in the endzone twice, I think Thad would have led 3 scoring drives, including the missed FG. The other ended in a fumble. Aside from his two TD's, Duke punted the rest of Sean's possessions. He played well, threw great, but he isn't the annointed one yet.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 13th, 2009, 8:41 pm

CellR wrote:

I agree. I watched the game again today, Thad did lots of things well, under tons of pressure. The recievers weren't catching, and there were at least 2 pass interference calls. While Renfree got in the endzone twice, I think Thad would have led 3 scoring drives, including the missed FG. The other ended in a fumble. Aside from his two TD's, Duke punted the rest of Sean's possessions. He played well, threw great, but he isn't the annointed one yet.
After getting the chance to see the replay, I agree with all the above. Renfree did prove to be more than worthy, however.
I wish CBS Sports would get the programming schedule information correct on their release to Dish. They were reporting a replay at 6AM this morning. The Panthers were sucking it so badly that it was a pleasure to turn away, even if I knew the outcome. Nice outcome!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2009, 8:51 pm

I just started a Duke vs Kansas thread (and, no, it's NOT about BBQ :roll: ) and, lo and behold, we have great minds thinking alike... :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 13th, 2009, 9:42 pm

Is Thad good for five more touchdown passes this year? I think so. If he accomplishes that he will pass Ben Bennett as Duke's all time leader in career touchdown passes. Not bad considering that he's had three different offensive coordinators since his arrival at Duke.

I can identify with him because of his height...........
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: I can identify with him because of his height...........
:)) :))
I am really looking forward to Thad taking the record and then some. He and the other seniors deserve every bit of respect that a fan of Duke football can give out. The new crew is the future, but these guys have paved the way. In fact every senior for the last 15 years has paved the way...one day we will not hear the word "rebuilding" when Duke football is the subject.