Any CrazieTalkers want to be CrazieWalkers?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: Any CrazieTalkers want to be CrazieWalkers?

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 9:42 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:No walk tonight - the thunderstorms rolled in late and it is still pouring! :((
I didn't either. Didn't leave the office until 7pm. Tomorrow is even worse, I'll leave around 7pm, but will be getting in at 6:45 am. So, will have two long days in a row. I feel like Sue. :ymhug: :ymhug:

I don't usually head out to walk until 8:30-9:00 (Florida summer heat - it needs to cool off some) but I'm walking relatively safe streets with a big dog - you need a dog....or a much large cat (how do you feel about cheetah?)

My personal work record is 40 hours. Not in a week. Straight. The life of a software developer - and now you know why I shifted to project management :D

No worries - long weekend is coming with lots of walking time for the Crazie Walkers.

(and I hate coconut =))
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 10:53 pm

Sue71 wrote:Who is Knights69??? [-x
We discussed that typo before.

Another untouchable one... :roll: :oops:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 11:03 pm

devildeac wrote:

Gosh, what a great setup I am for you! If you need a receptionist, I have great biceps and I think my humor will keep them coming back :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 11:06 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Gosh, what a great setup I am for you! If you need a receptionist, I have great biceps and I think my humor will keep them coming back :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss
Amongst others, but ..... if not anything, I hope I don't scare them with the singing and the visual of you singing their way to health (both new and old patients).... :D
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 3rd, 2009, 9:01 pm

Veering back ON topic ( :D ) Just came back from my walk....two miles in just over 40 minutes with the Terv \m/ . I'm loving his new backpack...but he's not drinking at the halfway point (it is still hot at 8:30 at night!) will have to doctor up some water to tempt him next time. I have one tired Terv. I tired Terv is a happy Terv! :o3 :o3 :o3
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 4th, 2009, 12:37 pm

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
windsor wrote: It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
Your dog waters the fauna? That's a little crazy. I might pay money to see that. You should tape it for AFV. ;)

%%-
When we got the lab puppy Wizard 'watered' him does that count? Fauna applies to all sizes of animal so yes, while watering the flora I'm sure he's also watering fauna! =:)

No walk tonight - the thunderstorms rolled in late and it is still pouring! :((
I had this image in my mind of some poor squirrel out busy burying his acorns for winter, then looking up and saying, "gee, I didn't know it was gonna rain today." :o3 By the way, I love the name Wizard. When he does his business, do you call him "Wiz"? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 4th, 2009, 1:10 pm

bjornolf wrote:I had this image in my mind of some poor squirrel out busy burying his acorns for winter, then looking up and saying, "gee, I didn't know it was gonna rain today." :o3 By the way, I love the name Wizard. When he does his business, do you call him "Wiz"? ;)

%%-
=)) I call him Wiz all the time - fortunately that isn't the cue to do his business ("hurry up" ) First rule of dog names is that they will be shortened to one syllable. (Dylan Wizard Jester are Dyl Wiz and Jes). Wiz is his 'working name' for agility and most training. He knows we're working when I use that. Calling him "Wizard" is akin to your parent using your first and last name when you were a kid( :-ss ) the rest of the time he is Wizzie, Wizbang, Wizman, Terv, Tervie, TervieWervie, baby and beautiful. Yes, he answers to them all (and the other dogs don't) and yes the other two have a similar list of unique names.

His name is Wizard because as a puppy his ears were huge and met at the top like a Wizard's hat....his official name is Bilgays Just a Kind of Magic
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 4th, 2009, 1:32 pm

How about "the wizinator"? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 4th, 2009, 1:54 pm

bjornolf wrote:How about "the wizinator"? ;)

%%-

oooo....good one...I'll have to try that out on him when I get home
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 4th, 2009, 4:50 pm

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:How about "the wizinator"? ;)

%%-

oooo....good one...I'll have to try that out on him when I get home
That one makes me think of the old SNL skit about making copies, at the copier, the wizinator.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 4th, 2009, 5:52 pm

I was thinking of the apparatus for beating drug tests that the football player got caught with a few years ago. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 4th, 2009, 10:16 pm

windsor wrote: =)) I call him Wiz all the time - fortunately that isn't the cue to do his business ("hurry up" ) First rule of dog names is that they will be shortened to one syllable. (Dylan Wizard Jester are Dyl Wiz and Jes). Wiz is his 'working name' for agility and most training. He knows we're working when I use that. Calling him "Wizard" is akin to your parent using your first and last name when you were a kid( :-ss ) the rest of the time he is Wizzie, Wizbang, Wizman, Terv, Tervie, TervieWervie, baby and beautiful. Yes, he answers to them all (and the other dogs don't) and yes the other two have a similar list of unique names.
I do this too. I regularly address Walter as Walter, Walt, buddy, little/wittle man (he's not little), buddy, dude, sweet boy, shithead, and probably a few others. If he's in trouble, I call him by his full name, just like Mom used to do...Walter Grace Ralegh.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 4th, 2009, 11:06 pm

wilson wrote:Walter Grace Ralegh.
Ralegh?

Not Raleigh? Wouldn't you like to buy a vowel? An I, perhaps?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 4th, 2009, 11:44 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Ralegh?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 5th, 2009, 12:06 am

CathyCA wrote:
Ralegh?

:)) :)) =)) =))

I like this. wilson gets busted. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 5th, 2009, 1:49 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Ralegh?

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Very wrong.
Walter himself, his father (also Walter), and all family members before them spelled it Ralegh. For reasons unknown, Sir Walter's widow changed it to "Raleigh". Of course, she also carried around his embalmed head for 29 years following his beheading.
Both spellings have been accepted over the years (as with your misspelled state capital), but the true spelling is "Ralegh". :-B
Consider yourselves chastened, you upstart rapscallions. :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 5th, 2009, 10:45 am

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Ralegh?

Walter himself, his father (also Walter), and all family members before them spelled it Ralegh. For reasons unknown, Sir Walter's widow changed it to "Raleigh". Of course, she also carried around his embalmed head for 29 years following his beheading.
Both spellings have been accepted over the years (as with your misspelled state capital), but the true spelling is "Ralegh". :-B
Gee. Sir Walter couldn't even spell his own name correctly. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 5th, 2009, 12:40 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Ralegh?

And to make it come full circle, look at how Rolla, Missouri got its name:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolla,_Missouri
It's either named after a hunting dog, or it's from North Carolinian settlers who chose to spell Raleigh phonetically. 8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 6th, 2009, 9:03 am

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Ralegh?

I've been thinking about this, and if Sir Walter's name were spelled "Ralegh," wouldn't we pronounce it "Roliff?"

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2009, 11:32 am

Sounds like a few people need to walk off Brunchgate from yesterday.