Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Brunchgate, 2009 Edition

Post by Sue71 » August 24th, 2009, 5:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Y'all be amateurs. True tailgaters would start before noon. 2pm at the latest for a 7pm game.

Amateurs. Sheesh.
We need guidance, come show us how the pros do it. I would start earlier, but I don't want to be passed out by kickoff.
Start at noon-1pm at the latest. Make sure you have a tv. And satellite dish. A few kegs plus whatever other spirits are needed (or 1 keg + other beverages and Bud Light does not count). A football. Frisbee. Charcoal grill. Sammiches. Drunken watermelon. Etc etc.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 24th, 2009, 7:40 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Also, I asked about bringing the additional tent. Here's his answer.
if you want to bring it for game one don’t set it up until later in the day after I see what room we have.

Does this work?
Basically what I said - bring it but let's see if there is room (and a need) for it before we set it up.
Great, thanks very much Ozzie for the update and the inquiry. Hell, we can be there at noon!? I won't be there that early, but I will be there before 4. Maybe 3 or so. I'll be leaving in the morning and am going to visit my parents for lunch, and then I'm gonna visit Total Wine. :D
I like your thinking, especially the last part... ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » August 25th, 2009, 10:02 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The Card Gym Lot, off of Towerview, between the dorms and K'ville/Cameron/Card/Wallace Wade Stadium.

The game starts at 7 pm edt.
My plan, as loosely formed as it is now, is to be there before noon if that's possible. I'm conjuring on how I can get my "big" Weber to the lot. If I can solve that issue, then it might be a great day to smoke a brisket. (Keeping in mind the hard part about smoking a brisket is not all the rolling papers-- it's keeping it lit! :)) :)) ba-da-boom!) Now, back to my Sorcerer's kettle...
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 25th, 2009, 10:17 am

TNTDevil wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The Card Gym Lot, off of Towerview, between the dorms and K'ville/Cameron/Card/Wallace Wade Stadium.

My plan, as loosely formed as it is now, is to be there before noon if that's possible. I'm conjuring on how I can get my "big" Weber to the lot. If I can solve that issue, then it might be a great day to smoke a brisket. (Keeping in mind the hard part about smoking a brisket is not all the rolling papers-- it's keeping it lit! :)) :)) ba-da-boom!) Now, back to my Sorcerer's kettle...
I need a bib as I'm already drooling. =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~
I worship the Blue Devil!
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » August 25th, 2009, 10:52 am

devildeac wrote:(note to administrator: could we sticky this for the next two weeks? Please. Pretty please, with some hops on top? ;) )
This thread seems to lacking it's sticky-liciousness...

I'm just sayin'...
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 25th, 2009, 10:58 am

devildeac wrote: (note to administrator: could we sticky this for the next two weeks? Please. Pretty please, with some hops on top? ;) )
Oops..I missed this. However, you are a mod, and had the power all along.
I just noticed she has speared a flounder...she must want to contribute to the brunchgate food supply.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » August 25th, 2009, 11:01 am

devildeac wrote: (note to administrator: could we sticky this for the next two weeks? Please. Pretty please, with some hops on top? ;) )
Wow! That's embarrassing Dorot... er... DevilDeac. Probably that "Deacon" part corrupting the "Devil" part of the brain.

Ouch.

BTW, D-squared could use the flounder... fish=brain food.
Last edited by TNTDevil on August 25th, 2009, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 25th, 2009, 11:02 am

Man, I'm getting hungry already. Still thinking of something I can bring to Brunchgate #1 of 2009.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 25th, 2009, 11:03 am

TNTDevil wrote:My plan, as loosely formed as it is now, is to be there before noon if that's possible. I'm conjuring on how I can get my "big" Weber to the lot. If I can solve that issue, then it might be a great day to smoke a brisket. (Keeping in mind the hard part about smoking a brisket is not all the rolling papers-- it's keeping it lit! :)) :)) ba-da-boom!) Now, back to my Sorcerer's kettle...
Well, if you're gonna be there THAT damn early, I might be tempted to join you earlier. I'm not leaving until 9am, so the earliest I'll be rolling into Durham is noon, which means I won't be at the lots until at least 1.
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » August 25th, 2009, 11:21 am

TNTDevil wrote:My plan, as loosely formed as it is now, is to be there before noon if that's possible. I'm conjuring on how I can get my "big" Weber to the lot. If I can solve that issue, then it might be a great day to smoke a brisket. (Keeping in mind the hard part about smoking a brisket is not all the rolling papers-- it's keeping it lit! :)) :)) ba-da-boom!) Now, back to my Sorcerer's kettle...
Well, if you're gonna be there THAT damn early, I might be tempted to join you earlier. I'm not leaving until 9am, so the earliest I'll be rolling into Durham is noon, which means I won't be at the lots until at least 1.
Dude! We have got to "show the colors". I'm already pissed about getting "demoted" from B-3 to B-7 (however, my ill feelings were assuaged by the knowledge that we "owned" a tailgate tent) and I'm not going to let these... johnny-come-lately, poseurs usurp our long-standing tailgate tradition!

Remember my tailgate mantra? "Never let football get in the way of a great tailgate!" :shock:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 25th, 2009, 1:55 pm

So this is Tent location #2? Which end of the lot is that? Closer to Cameron or closer to the road?
Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 25th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:So this is Tent location #2? Which end of the lot is that? Closer to Cameron or closer to the road?
Ima
We were hoping for 2, but I think Ozzie said we got #8.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 25th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Any remote access so that you can post live from Brunchgate? =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2009, 6:26 pm

TNTDevil wrote:

I'm glad you only have to figger out how to get your "big Weber" into the lot... :roll: ;)

...and keeping your "papers" lit... :roll:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2009, 6:28 pm

I just noticed she has speared a flounder...she must want to contribute to the brunchgate food supply.
I like the power... :roll:

Now it's the knowledge I need... :oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2009, 6:29 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
Wow! That's embarrassing Dorot... er... DevilDeac. Probably that "Deacon" part corrupting the "Devil" part of the brain.

Ouch.

BTW, D-squared could use the flounder... fish=brain food.
Actually, I never even thought about my powers...

Also, fish=heart food :D
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 25th, 2009, 6:35 pm

I just had a *brilliant* idea.

I can be Flat Stanley! Someone print out a picture of me, or draw a stick figure with curly hair, and bring me to each Brunchgate! That way, I'm there with you even when I'm not. All that's needed is for someone to take a picture of "me" at each Brunchgate. With a group, eating a hamburger, drinking a beverage... whatever. ;;)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2009, 6:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:Man, I'm getting hungry already. Still thinking of something I can bring to Brunchgate #1 of 2009.
let's see, what goes with a brisket...

1. grilled corn on the cob
2. grilled veggies
3. a fine brown ale (not grilled :roll: )
a. American
b. English
c. Belgian
d. All of the above
:D
4. Caesar salad (not grilled :roll: )
5. crudites

How's that for a starter list?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2009, 6:39 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
Dude! We have got to "show the colors". I'm already pissed about getting "demoted" from B-3 to B-7 (however, my ill feelings were assuaged by the knowledge that we "owned" a tailgate tent) and I'm not going to let these... johnny-come-lately, poseurs usurp our long-standing tailgate tradition!

Remember my tailgate mantra? "Never let football get in the way of a great tailgate!" :shock:
I thought Ozzie told me that you got the parking pass associated with the tent-better check with him.. That means you did not get demoted, but I did :( .
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:So this is Tent location #2? Which end of the lot is that? Closer to Cameron or closer to the road?
Ima
Ozzie told me he had the 2nd order submitted for the tent with DitBD having the 1st. He did correct me and say we had #8. :(