devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Congratulations to...

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2009, 5:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: quote="devildeac" quote="devildeac"

I was hoping you would ask... :))

One of the dudes was a unc cheerleader for 4 years and told us how a particular male student tried out for the squad for 4 consecutive years and was never selected as he just sucked so bad. His name...

Stuart Scott... :)) :)) =)) =))

I hate him. Absolutely despise him and hearing this just made me howl with laughter. I'd love to hear him tell THAT unc story on the air some time at the 4 letter sports channel.

More: :)) :)) =)) =)) /quote
I think it might be appropriate to email/PM (via the DBR) the story to Jay Bilas. He might find an appropriate time to ask mr. scott (If I don't capitalize unc, I see no reason to capitalize their proponents) about his cheerleading prowess... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Sounds like niece Michelle needs to be consulted on this one. :D
Who dat? Or, I guess better put, why her or what connection does she have?
My brother's oldest child is on ESPN - a show called SportsNation - ESPN2 at 4pm Eastern and repeated at midnight.[/quote]

Does she know Jay and get along with him well? If so, we have our "mole."

:)) :)) =)) =))

This would be just too damned good to be true and actually occur. Or would it...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 20th, 2009, 5:30 pm

devildeac wrote: Does she know Jay and get along with him well? If so, we have our "mole."

This would be just too damned good to be true and actually occur. Or would it...
We obviously have to try. Have to, have to, have to. It would seriously be the best thing ever.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2009, 5:32 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote: Does she know Jay and get along with him well? If so, we have our "mole."

We obviously have to try. Have to, have to, have to. It would seriously be the best thing ever.
Don't know if she knows Jay. Will see what I can do about having her question Stuart Scott.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2009, 5:35 pm

wilson wrote:

I'm in. I'll wait a couple months until just before BB season so Jay won't forget.

Hey DinK, have your niece call/email/PM me...

Cathy, do you know Jay so you could forewarn him that some nut from CT/DBR will be PMing him that story?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2009, 5:37 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:

Don't know if she knows Jay. Will see what I can do about having her question Stuart Scott.
It's GOTTA be Jay or via some sorta poll where stuart can't be expecting it and have the opportunity to edit it or come up with some sorta BS excuse...
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 20th, 2009, 11:12 pm

I posted my congrats to King DD's youngest daughter on Facebook, but when I saw this thread today, I wanted to reply here as well. Claire is the most fantastic cheerleader you could ever want to represent Duke or any team. If you haven't seen her cheer yet, I hope you will get the chance this year. I am so very proud of her for making the Blue Squad especially in light of all she has been through this year. She completely deserves to have been selected and will be the shining star on this year's squad! I can't wait to see her on the team. Lavabe, LL, and I will definitely have to get ourselves to a football game this year and somehow to a basketball game as well! Wish we could go to Madison Sqaure Garden in December.

I checked the http://www.goduke.com site and it has not yet been updated with photos of this year's team. The Cheerleaders link in on the left-hand side under "Links".

I'm sorry I haven't been "around" CTN since Lavabe got back from Madagascar. Doesn't mean I don't still like you all though!! :ymhug:

ILJ
(Claire's very proud Aunt)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 11:16 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote: I'm sorry I haven't been "around" CTN since Lavabe got back from Madagascar.
You are most forgiven!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:45 pm

devildeac wrote:
wilson wrote:

I'm in. I'll wait a couple months until just before BB season so Jay won't forget.

Hey DinK, have your niece call/email/PM me...

Cathy, do you know Jay so you could forewarn him that some nut from CT/DBR will be PMing him that story?
Funny you should ask. I just sent him a request to become my Facebook friend. We'll see.

I just became FB friends with Danny Meagher.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 11:49 pm

CathyCA wrote: I just became FB friends with Danny Meagher.
I looooooovveed Meagher...he was awesome. And he never fouled.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 20th, 2009, 11:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ILoveJimmy wrote: I'm sorry I haven't been "around" CTN since Lavabe got back from Madagascar.
You are most forgiven!
I would think that Lavabe has kept her, um, busy! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:57 pm

CathyCA wrote: I just became FB friends with Danny Meagher.
I looooooovveed Meagher...he was awesome. And he never fouled.
You could be his Facebook friend, too!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:58 pm

Just tell him you're a huge fan.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2009, 12:00 am

CathyCA wrote:Just tell him you're a huge fan.
I keep my FB friends to actual friends. (or at least good aquaintances). Back to topic,..congrats again!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 21st, 2009, 12:04 am

CathyCA wrote:Just tell him you're a huge fan.
I keep my FB friends to actual friends. (or at least good aquaintances). Back to topic,..congrats again!
Keeping it on topic--tell Jay Bilas that you were reminded of him and his wife Wendy (the former cheerleader) when your friend's daughter made the Blue cheerleading squad at Duke.

Oh, wait a minute--we were talking about Danny Meagher on FB.

Congratulations, Claire!

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 21st, 2009, 12:11 am

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"quote="bjornolf""
This is a rumor of a rumor, but I heard that they had some tumbling accidents and decided to get rid of the "high risk" stuff. When they did so, the need for male cheerleaders, which do a lot of the lifting and supporting in those moves, disappeared.

%%-"/quote"
That's fact, not fiction. One of the girls wasn't caught on an elevated tumbling move (pyramid?) and broke her neck. The big lifts and throws were outlawed, the guys weren't needed anymore, and they were eliminated. I think the prohibition extends to the visiting teams as well (at football games, where the visitors bring their cheerleading teams.
And this is all of course not to mention that male cheerleaders are on the very short list of the worst things in the world.
Um, no they're not. Male cheerleaders can be very cute and lots of fun.
Well Thank YOU!!! I actually tell all the folks that work with and for me... I am YOUR CHEERLEADER to the customer and to upper management (which I really am, school I came from) and they see the action rather than the words.... and that results in soo much loyalty, honesty and productivity!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 21st, 2009, 12:16 am

cl15876 wrote: Well Thank YOU!!! I actually tell all the folks that work with and for me... I am YOUR CHEERLEADER to the customer and to upper management (which I really am, school I came from) and they see the action rather than the words.... and that results in soo much loyalty, honesty and productivity!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :D
Do you know how to do lifts, stunts or tosses?

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2009, 12:44 am

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Well Thank YOU!!! I actually tell all the folks that work with and for me... I am YOUR CHEERLEADER to the customer and to upper management (which I really am, school I came from) and they see the action rather than the words.... and that results in soo much loyalty, honesty and productivity!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :D
Warning! Lifts, stunts and tosses can be hazardous to your health! Especially between you two... ;)

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 5:53 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
You are most forgiven!
I would think that Lavabe has kept her, um, busy! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I think I'll avoid commenting on this one. #:-s
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 21st, 2009, 7:09 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Warning! Lifts, stunts and tosses can be hazardous to your health! Especially between you two... ;)
Woah, woah, woah. :-t

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2009, 8:06 am

Well, I wouldn't want to see any broken BONes! =)) =)) =))