Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Countdown to Football

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 2:49 pm

CellR wrote:Four days! :D :D :D
Almost there!
If you wait four days you're gonna miss it. It's three days away. :) :p
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 2nd, 2009, 3:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Almost there!
Back when I lived in the dorm, we had a way of counting the days until big events. We didn't count today and we didn't count the big day itself. Using that method, there are only TWO days until the first game! :ymapplause:
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 2nd, 2009, 8:23 pm

Almost there!
Yesterday you said there were 5 days to go though...
CameronBornAndBred wrote:5 Days to Go!!! Sept. 1
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 2nd, 2009, 8:24 pm

Blast, nevermind! I suppose today is already over.
I like Devil in the Blue Dress's way of counting. :D
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 8:33 pm

CellR wrote:
Almost there!
Yesterday you said there were 5 days to go though...
CameronBornAndBred wrote:5 Days to Go!!! Sept. 1
I said it at 8:30am, so I was counting the day in front of me.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 8:14 am

From a confidential PM from a current FB manager: (paraphrased and summarized)- Expect some REAL surprises/changes from last year when our Devils take the field on Saturday evening... ;) :D

I'll tease you some more later today and Friday and reveal some possible scenarios after about 4 PM on Saturday...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 3rd, 2009, 8:35 am

devildeac wrote:From a confidential PM from a current FB manager: (paraphrased and summarized)- Expect some REAL surprises/changes from last year when our Devils take the field on Saturday evening... ;) :D

I'll tease you some more later today and Friday and reveal some possible scenarios after about 4 PM on Saturday...

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 3rd, 2009, 8:39 am

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:From a confidential PM from a current FB manager: (paraphrased and summarized)- Expect some REAL surprises/changes from last year when our Devils take the field on Saturday evening... ;) :D

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, what she said. Ohhh the aniticpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 3rd, 2009, 9:23 am

All of my life, some friends and family have complained about my "infernal" optimism, especially related to Duke football. I've started every season thinking this is going to be the one that takes us out of the terrible, dark valley the program slid into over several decades. This year really is going to be that season! I can't wait to see some more teams fall to Duke's rise from the ashes!

GO DUKE!

On another football note, did any of you read on another web site the front page stories among the football links? It's the front page with a great picture of Art Heyman.

The Duke - Carolina game is Carolina's Homecoming game! The UNC student gov't president is organizing a street parade for the first time in years. Though the grand marshal's name wasn't included in the article, he will be a member of the 1959 team.... that's the infamous team who came into then Duke Stadium to beat Duke 50 - 0 on national TV. (Their inspiration was the death of their beloved coach Jim Tatum from Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever following a hunting trip earlier in the year.) That game is going to be a great opportunity for Duke!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 3rd, 2009, 9:23 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote: And hopefully no thunderstorms or paratroopers...

:)) :)) =)) =))
The opening ceremonies in a nearby stadium take place an hour before Duke kicks off. That should be enough time to clear away the debris! Maybe we should keep an eye on the sky until we're sure they've kicked off over there....... :))
Having it happen two years in a row would be just way too funny. One can always hope!
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 3rd, 2009, 9:24 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:All of my life, some friends and family have complained about my "infernal" optimism, especially related to Duke football. I've started every season thinking this is going to be the one that takes us out of the terrible, dark valley the program slid into over several decades. This year really is going to be that season! I can't wait to see some more teams fall to Duke's rise from the ashes!

GO DUKE!

On another football note, did any of you read on another web site the front page stories among the football links? It's the front page with a great picture of Art Heyman.

The Duke - Carolina game is Carolina's Homecoming game! The UNC student gov't president is organizing a street parade for the first time in years. Though the grand marshal's name wasn't included in the article, he will be a member of the 1959 team.... that's the infamous team who came into then Duke Stadium to beat Duke 50 - 0 on national TV. (Their inspiration was the death of their beloved coach Jim Tatum from Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever following a hunting trip earlier in the year.) That game is going to be a great opportunity for Duke!
A parade? For some reason, the parade from Animal House came to mind. :D
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 3rd, 2009, 9:27 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote: And hopefully no thunderstorms or paratroopers...

:)) :)) =)) =))
The opening ceremonies in a nearby stadium take place an hour before Duke kicks off. That should be enough time to clear away the debris! Maybe we should keep an eye on the sky until we're sure they've kicked off over there....... :))
Having it happen two years in a row would be just way too funny. One can always hope!
We don't want any of our players injured while they warm up! Imagine you're warming up on the field for the first game under a new coach and skydivers start landing unexpectedly........
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 3rd, 2009, 10:24 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:All of my life, some friends and family have complained about my "infernal" optimism, especially related to Duke football. I've started every season thinking this is going to be the one that takes us out of the terrible, dark valley the program slid into over several decades. This year really is going to be that season! I can't wait to see some more teams fall to Duke's rise from the ashes!

GO DUKE!

GTHC and I mean really Go To HELL!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 3rd, 2009, 11:31 am

DukePA wrote:

GO DUKE!

Perhaps a contingency of us Dukies should show up to the parade decked out in Duke paraphernalia. :-j :-j :-j
I worship the Blue Devil!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 3rd, 2009, 12:14 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukePA wrote:

GO DUKE!

Perhaps a contingency of us Dukies should show up to the parade decked out in Duke paraphernalia. :-j :-j :-j
That could be more dangerous than Halloween night in Chapel Hill!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 1:29 pm

I'll start with one of the more innocent statements: The freshmen who will be playing/in the rotation are highly deserving of their roles and are GREAT ath-a-letes.

More later... ;) :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 3rd, 2009, 1:39 pm

devildeac wrote:

I'll start with one of the more innocent statements: The freshmen who will be playing/in the rotation are highly deserving of their roles and are GREAT ath-a-letes.

I just hope they are tall enough. =))
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 3rd, 2009, 4:15 pm

devildeac wrote:

Coach said he was recruiting 'em big, fast and strong.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 5:06 pm

devildeac wrote:

second teaser: the best WR are NOT juniors and seniors...

I believe I know to whom you are referring but it could be one of two postions. More tomorrow about your comment.