Life is good.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Life is good.

Post by captmojo » August 3rd, 2009, 4:33 pm

"BACK IN THE SADDLE....AGAIN!"

Just got off the phone. They want me back. I've done my time. I'm expected back next Monday.
It might serve Goober right if I used vacation time for the first couple of weeks :-? ...nah.
The realities of their needing my services outweighs any costs incurred from the past.
I have cost them money, but I've brought them a LOT more revenues then I've ever cost them. Also, I'd be ready to hit the ground running, as opposed to a new hire replacement that would need training.
Neither party really wanted to have to go to the next level of the grievance procedure.
My attorney in Sanford has assured me, that due to my exemplary driving record, he'll get the legal charges reduced.

Now, to get reduced, my personal emotional charges. I feel so badly for the young lady that was injured. I hope she receives every bit of restorative compensation she can be entitled to, and then some. I've been through injuries before and NO level of cash can replace a rehabbed body, or body part.

Crazievibes are the total BEST. YOU FOLKS ROCK!
:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

I couldn't ask for a better post for hittin' #500 with. (for myself)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 3rd, 2009, 4:38 pm

captmojo wrote:"BACK IN THE SADDLE....AGAIN!"

Just got off the phone. They want me back. I've done my time. I'm expected back next Monday.
It might serve Goober right if I used vacation time for the first couple of weeks :-? ...nah.
The realities of their needing my services outweighs any costs incurred from the past.
I have cost them money, but I've brought them a LOT more revenues then I've ever cost them. Also, I'd be ready to hit the ground running, as opposed to a new hire replacement that would need training.
Neither party really wanted to have to go to the next level of the grievance procedure.
My attorney in Sanford has assured me, that due to my exemplary driving record, he'll get the legal charges reduced.

Now, to get reduced, my personal emotional charges. I feel so badly for the young lady that was injured. I hope she receives every bit of restorative compensation she can be entitled to, and then some. I've been through injuries before and NO level of cash can replace a rehabbed body, or body part.

:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Woo hoo!! Congratulations!! So glad this worked out for you.

I dare you to bring the weasel, I mean your very fine upstanding boss, something Monday morning, like breakfast or coffee or flowers. heh heh heh
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 3rd, 2009, 4:40 pm

YEAH! Gotta love those vibes. Continued vibes to the young lady. I hope you are able to receive a positive update on her condition to make this even better news.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 4:45 pm

:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 3rd, 2009, 4:55 pm

This is very good news! I'll be sending you extra vibes when you head back to work. :ymapplause:
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » August 3rd, 2009, 4:58 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
It's nice to sleep in my own bed. I'm getting ready to sleep in my bed for only the 6th night in 16 months.

GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER!
Hah! I love the preemptive finger-wag at the end (totally appropriate with this crowd).
Speak for yourself! You perv.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 5:08 pm

Shammrog wrote:
I'd say that this is like the pot calling the kettle black, but that's far too mild. This is more like John Candy calling Richard Simmons fat, or something.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 5:09 pm

wilson wrote:
Shammrog wrote:
I'd say that this is like the pot calling the kettle black, but that's far too mild. This is more like John Candy calling Richard Simmons fat, or something.
Now, hurry up and play your Scrabble turn so I can at least keep kicking someone's ass (now that BD has, at least momentarily, figured things out).
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 3rd, 2009, 6:36 pm

Congrats, man. Happy for you. Has anyone noticed that the emoticon :-bd contains the letters bd? Hmmm...
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 6:39 pm

Well, I'm off to the shower and then dinner and drinks with best friends.
Registering my thousandth post by celebrating such a thing in the "Life is good" thread feels good to me.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 3rd, 2009, 6:40 pm

And now, I'm apparently a graduate student of more than one thing. Now that, I did not sign up for. :o ^#(^
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:39 pm

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! O:-) ^:)^ ^:)^ :-bd :-bd :-bd I sure hope the injured lady recovers accordingly also!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:40 pm

wilson wrote:Well, I'm off to the shower and then dinner and drinks with best friends.
Registering my thousandth post by celebrating such a thing in the "Life is good" thread feels good to me.
Congratulations on reaching one thousand!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd Now post some more of those recipes and breakfast specials!!!! :D I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but I have to say, your recipes are awesome!!!! :-bd :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:41 pm

Shammrog wrote:
wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
It's nice to sleep in my own bed. I'm getting ready to sleep in my bed for only the 6th night in 16 months.

Hah! I love the preemptive finger-wag at the end (totally appropriate with this crowd).
=)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:42 pm

wilson wrote:
Shammrog wrote:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:43 pm

Gosh I disappear for a week and y'all go nuts.... overwhelming to get caught up! :oops:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:45 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:It's nice to sleep in my own bed. I'm getting ready to sleep in my bed for only the 6th night in 16 months.

Yea, we'd only think that if 8-x were there. ;) Oh, and you forgot these little guys at the end: [-x :-$ [-( Any one of them, or the group if you're REALLY serious, would have really hammered home the point.

%%-
Hey now, behave yourselves!!!! :ymblushing: :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:50 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:It's August in Kansas and I don't need my ac on. (Will have to turn it back on later this week.)

Played a hand bell duet with piano accompaniment this morning - and only messed up one measure during the two services. Got some baby hugs also.

Life is good.
If you recorded it, please upload to YOUTUBE so we can listen and post the link here and on your Facebook! :D :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: There are some big bear hugs for ya! I bet it was beautiful!!!!! I love the bells and piano together! A violin accompaniment is also very nice with a flute!!!! :-bd :-bd I wish I would have continued playing piano several years ago rather than playing sports, but no regrets! I can always pick it back up and not get winded! :)) :)) :)) :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 7:52 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Just spent the weekend with two of my best girlfriends and their fabulous significant others - one couple in from DC, and one up from Portland. We did a crab boil by the beach last night, under a perfect summer evening sky, with plenty of delish food and adult beverages. Today, brunch on the beach, a stroll through the outdoor sculpture garden, a cocktail happy hour at a swank, water-front hotel - ahh, a great weekend.

Plus, having houseguests got my husband to help clean and organize the house, so we have a clean place for the next couple of weeks! Almost as good as seeing old friends!
Sounds wonderful! I saw the crabs on your FB, looked like y'all had a great time! I can't wait to travel to the West Coast!!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 3rd, 2009, 8:04 pm

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote::ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: for Cathy. As long as it doesn't make 8-x jealous.

%%-
And another reason that life is good is that I had my personal handyman here this week to help me get settled in my "new" house. You wouldn't believe how hard cl15876 worked around the house this week! He painted, trimmed trees, repaired light fixtures, screwed cabinet doors back in to their brackets, got the internet/phone/cable set up, waited for the fridge (which is now broken), caulked the cabinets, moved furniture, repaired the screen slider door, brought me a container garden, and so much more!

I am so blessed! Thank you, cl15876!
:ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: OMG, shucks, I am the blessed ONE!!!!! Honey, you are soo welcome, it is my pleasure!!!!! :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

Reminds me of a song from my favorite all time music artist .... http://www.imeem.com/beatlemania4ever/m ... handy-man/