CTN vibes for Devil in the Blue Dress Mom

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: CTN vibes for Devil in the Blue Dress Mom

Post by captmojo » July 22nd, 2012, 1:38 pm

Vibes and prayers from here.
I'll be seeing about getting my Mom to an inpatient rehab next week. Her surgery was a success. Hopefully, she'll leave Wesley Long tomorrow for the rehab. Doc says it looks like after about 2 months, he'll remove the tubing that's keeping her stomach in place. :clap: She's back on solid food, now.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 22nd, 2012, 1:51 pm

captmojo wrote:Vibes and prayers from here.
I'll be seeing about getting my Mom to an inpatient rehab next week. Her surgery was a success. Hopefully, she'll leave Wesley Long tomorrow for the rehab. Doc says it looks like after about 2 months, he'll remove the tubing that's keeping her stomach in place. :clap: She's back on solid food, now.
I rejoice with you! ;;)
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 22nd, 2012, 1:59 pm

It's working! I'm sitting here with tears of joy and relief. The PEG tube was finally cleared after another X-ray at mid day today. Mom is finally receiving nutrition after a week without. The full range of meds she's needing to heal and feel better are now being provided via the tube. Her nurse says she's resting well and and her color has much improved.

Just a little while ago, I went to the assisted living facility to gather up her things and move them to my house in anticipation of the next transition. Her nurse says this little detour will not keep her out of that great rehab program she's been cleared for, only delay it a bit. Looks like tonight and maybe tomorrow night in ICU to be sure she stays on track.

You all are an important part of the best support system anyone could ask for! ;;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2012, 2:40 pm

YAY for solid food! I'm so glad your mom is improving, Captain.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2012, 2:41 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:It's working! I'm sitting here with tears of joy and relief. The PEG tube was finally cleared after another X-ray at mid day today. Mom is finally receiving nutrition after a week without. The full range of meds she's needing to heal and feel better are now being provided via the tube. Her nurse says she's resting well and and her color has much improved.

Just a little while ago, I went to the assisted living facility to gather up her things and move them to my house in anticipation of the next transition. Her nurse says this little detour will not keep her out of that great rehab program she's been cleared for, only delay it a bit. Looks like tonight and maybe tomorrow night in ICU to be sure she stays on track.

You all are an important part of the best support system anyone could ask for! ;;)
I'm so glad your mom is improving, DitBD! I send continued prayers your way and hers.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 22nd, 2012, 3:12 pm

Yay for Capt Mojo's and DitBD's moms. You all are in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate these waters. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 22nd, 2012, 3:48 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:It's working! I'm sitting here with tears of joy and relief. The PEG tube was finally cleared after another X-ray at mid day today. Mom is finally receiving nutrition after a week without. The full range of meds she's needing to heal and feel better are now being provided via the tube. Her nurse says she's resting well and and her color has much improved.

That's excellent news! Continued prayers and vibes for continued improvement. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2012, 10:27 pm

Glad to hear the news on both Moms.

Prayers and vibes for continuing improvement are still heading out from Kansas.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 23rd, 2012, 8:52 am

I love good news, especially in the morning!! Hugs to you mom. :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 23rd, 2012, 9:06 am

More good news!! I'm so happy for you and your mom. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 23rd, 2012, 1:01 pm

Good news for both Mom's. Prayers hugs and vibes continue from Iowa :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 25th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Mom walked a little bit with assistance today and sat up in a chair for 3 and a half hours... big leap forward after almost 3 days in ICU! PT may start again tomorrow.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 25th, 2012, 8:15 pm

Yoo Hoo! It's meeee. Sorry to have been out of touch during this critical time. But, I'm glad I tuned back in just in time for all the good news!!!!! Sounds like the CTN vibrators did their job again! Why am I not surprised? So good to hear the CrazieTalk Moms are holding their own. They're made of pretty tough stuff!

Meanwhile, my own mother (89) fell off of a gurney in the ER !!!!! (Lawsuit anyone?) Broken pelvis. Not much you can do for that so she's just coping in the nursing home. Talk about tough stuff! Awfully painful. It's very, very sad. Old age IS MOST definitely NOT for sissies!!!

Love and blessings for all those great old hearts,
Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 26th, 2012, 5:23 am

Good News!!! Continued thoughts and prayers for your Mother!!! :YMPRAY: :wizard:
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 26th, 2012, 7:55 am

Vibes continue from here for all mothers! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I have a meeting today with administrators of the nusing center that my mom went to, Tues afternoon late. I may have to get smart-assed with them. It's okay. I am a professional. ;)
The main beef is that I've been told she's there to pepare her for a return to her home and the lifestyle she had there before the condition that brought on a need for surgical repair. So far...well, I've yet to see evidence of this. After 36 hours, she has not been out of her room. :-? Capt no sure he happy. Capt is expecting some therapy to be goin' on. She got more therapy while in the hospital than she has so far at the nursing center. She was getting around there, with the aid of a walker, just like at home. The hospital had her up on her feet within 48 hours after surgery.
I am heading in a little early to try and see if I can interview an inmate or two that may be wandering about on their own in the common areas within.
The social workers and admins won't like me angry. I don't like me angry. Nobody I know likes me angry. Capt wanna be happy. Capt wanna disappear in the mountains for hot weekend at Flloydfest. There's beer to be drank, tunes to be heard and weird to be seen. Capt don't wanna be on a down with worries for Mom. :-s
:-
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 26th, 2012, 8:49 am

I'm sending up happy thoughts and prayers for the Captain and anyone who gets in his way today. I hope your Mom shows some improvement today.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 26th, 2012, 8:51 am

Vibes for a happy Capt and mom outcome today. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » July 26th, 2012, 9:49 am

Good luck to you today Captn! :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 26th, 2012, 11:23 am

Good luck, Cap'n.

Don't get locked up. FloydFest is great fun. I used to go every year and pick up trash for free tix, in a past life. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 26th, 2012, 11:58 am

Good luck Capt. Note to self, don't get on the Capt's bad side. :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss
I worship the Blue Devil!