Today I'm thankful for...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Today I'm thankful for...

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2012, 12:29 pm

An 'Eargasm' that I had last night. I went to a nearby flea market yesterday, and I took the plunge and bought two fleas. 1) a Harman Kardon 330C reciever/amp, and 2) a pair of DCM Time Frame 600 speakers. I hooked them up after dinner last night. I didn't get to bed 'till after 2:00 this morning. I couldn't drag myself away from this outfit. Lots and lots of stuff I have listened to for years, but a Hell of a lot of it I never really 'heard' before. WOW! :-o

Weak-assed, Chinese-built, 'Home Theatre' crap is maybe okay for a movie experience...but music? No way! And, this HK is no high-power unit.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 8th, 2012, 1:37 pm

captmojo wrote:An 'Eargasm' that I had last night. I went to a nearby flea market yesterday, and I took the plunge and bought two fleas. 1) a Harman Kardon 330C reciever/amp, and 2) a pair of DCM Time Frame 600 speakers. I hooked them up after dinner last night. I didn't get to bed 'till after 2:00 this morning. I couldn't drag myself away from this outfit. Lots and lots of stuff I have listened to for years, but a Hell of a lot of it I never really 'heard' before. WOW! :-o

Weak-assed, Chinese-built, 'Home Theatre' crap is maybe okay for a movie experience...but music? No way! And, this HK is no high-power unit.
Nice! B-) :ymparty: Just curious - how much was it?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2012, 2:34 pm

I scored.
$40 on reciever.
$90 on speakers.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 8th, 2012, 2:56 pm

captmojo wrote:I scored.
$40 on reciever.
$90 on speakers.
If you don't mind telling me, which flea market? You got two great deals!
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Eden. As for everything else there...yes, fleas. :)) Pure livin' shiite with fleas on top.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 8th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I'm thankful that I can be a member of the peanut gallery during Church Charge Conference and Council meetings without being called out.

LG - Please don't tell Rev. LG on me.

I'm also thankful that I didn't ignore the stink in the lower level of church today. A mini fridge had been unplugged and moved outside the youth room. Turns out it still had some items in the freezer compartment. Rotting Spinach Florentine and peas really stink. Someone said to ignore it - but I didn't. Once I knew what caused the smell, I had to remove the offending items. In doing so, I discovered the outside door in the kitchen was unlocked. I wonder how long it was unlocked?
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 8th, 2012, 10:07 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I'm thankful that I can be a member of the peanut gallery during Church Charge Conference and Council meetings without being called out.

I'm also thankful that I didn't ignore the stink in the lower level of church today. A mini fridge had been unplugged and moved outside the youth room. Turns out it still had some items in the freezer compartment. Rotting Spinach Florentine and peas really stink. Someone said to ignore it - but I didn't. Once I knew what caused the smell, I had to remove the offending items. In doing so, I discovered the outside door in the kitchen was unlocked. I wonder how long it was unlocked?
Don't worry. I like to hide during church meetings too.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I'm thankful that I can be a member of the peanut gallery during Church Charge Conference and Council meetings without being called out.

Don't worry. I like to hide during church meetings too.

It's best to attend but hide - or else you get volunteered for something. :D
Life is good!
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 8th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Ooohhh. #-o Many, many Moons ago, when my late BIL was young enough to only crawl, we returned from camping to an aroma on the back porch. We found the chest freezer was unplugged. A week earlier, just before leaving, we had discovered the child crawling around between the freezer and the wall but didn't realize that he had pulled the plug. #-o

I'd trade your thawed peas and spinach any day against the flavor of fish, beef, pork and wild game. :twitch:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 8th, 2012, 11:09 pm

captmojo wrote:

Ooohhh. #-o Many, many Moons ago, when my late BIL was young enough to only crawl, we returned from camping to an aroma on the back porch. We found the chest freezer was unplugged. A week earlier, just before leaving, we had discovered the child crawling around between the freezer and the wall but didn't realize that he had pulled the plug. #-o

I'd trade your thawed peas and spinach any day against the flavor of fish, beef, pork and wild game. :twitch:
I can get rid of all those odors. If they ever occur again.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 8th, 2012, 11:33 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
captmojo wrote:

I can get rid of all those odors. If they ever occur again.
I figure the odor in this fridge is someone else's responsibility. I removed the source.

I did have to clean out a fridge/freezer after power was lost to a portion of the garage when I was house sitting. I'm not sure what was the worst - the smell or the critters from the meat. :-o :ymsick:
Life is good!
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 9th, 2012, 7:42 am

We had to gaggingly (if it ain't a word, it certainly should be) haul off that freezer to the dump.
:ymsick: