Football party at Tilly's

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Football party at Tilly's

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 11:01 pm

DukePA wrote:Yer gonna make it tough drive home for us beach folks!
:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :-bd \m/ :-o

We could always crash at the parents' and let Bud be our DD :)[/quote]
He can't be your DD. That screen name is spoken for already. :roll: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 13th, 2009, 2:30 pm

BTTT
I worship the Blue Devil!
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » September 13th, 2009, 7:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I think it would be cool if we figure out a way to have a tv outside. All we need is a splitter and some coax cable to run out the window. Plus, there might be a grill out there!
Bright side, you don't have carpet, I would think that helps alot.
Tilly will have dealt with the cat equation nicely by then, I am sure. However if outside is needed, there is a nice little area in the front yard where a tent will do nicely. Or we can work on something for the backyard, however neighbors dogs barking will quickly become an annoyance.

Technical question.... if the primary TV has the DVR and is where the game can be seen, if one were to bring another DVR via TWC to the party,would it be possible to see the game with it too?
If so, then a TV outside would work well. I will attempt to test this theory this week sometime. Unless of course anyone knows the answer already.

However there is one little tiny rub to the outdoorsy thing... there may be rain in Durham on Saturday.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 7:39 pm

knights68 wrote:
However there is one little tiny rub to the outdoorsy thing... there may be rain in Durham on Saturday.
Besides bbq....I can bring a big tent.
As far as the TV...I would guess all you would need is a splitter. If we split the line from the reciever to the TV..it will be the same channel on both TVs. I have a splitter too, and coax, but I'm not sure on the length. Really we would want about 50' at least so we could run it out the window. (I do know TNT has a line long enough, we used at the tailgate.)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 7:42 pm

To all who have them, bring a laptop if you wish. I'm still figuring out a way to do a video feed...but I plan on being in sec 21 to share the game with those who can't make it. It would be fun even if we are sitting next to each other. (DukePA can attest to this)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 13th, 2009, 7:56 pm

CBB, will you bring your cooler too? I don't have one big enough to hold all the liquid beverages.

CBB set my wireless network up, thus wireless is available at The Maiden's Manor (I'm still working on a name for my adobe (I put that in for Lavabe)).
knights68

Post by knights68 » September 13th, 2009, 7:57 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: As far as the TV...I would guess all you would need is a splitter. If we split the line from the reciever to the TV..it will be the same channel on both TVs. I have a splitter too, and coax, but I'm not sure on the length. Really we would want about 50' at least so we could run it out the window. (I do know TNT has a line long enough, we used at the tailgate.)
I am not sure if this is true.
Example.... two TV's in the same house. One DVR, one standard faire.
Wityh DVR you get the premier channel that Duke shall play o as opposed to the other tv set which has only the standard stations.
Th split will work to an extent, but am not sure if it will do the premium channels minus the DVR.
Which is why I shall test the theory this week sometime (probably tomorrow evening before the BBT season premier)

I have extra coax cable I'll bring along. I think it's like 25 feet, and I'll bring connectors/splitters to aid in the connection.

As for the web cam, that should be easy enough to set up... just a matter or broadcasting (SKYPE anyone?)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 13th, 2009, 7:59 pm

knights68 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: As far as the TV...I would guess all you would need is a splitter. If we split the line from the reciever to the TV..it will be the same channel on both TVs. I have a splitter too, and coax, but I'm not sure on the length. Really we would want about 50' at least so we could run it out the window. (I do know TNT has a line long enough, we used at the tailgate.)
I am not sure if this is true.
Example.... two TV's in the same house. One DVR, one standard faire.
Wityh DVR you get the premier channel that Duke shall play o as opposed to the other tv set which has only the standard stations.
Th split will work to an extent, but am not sure if it will do the premium channels minus the DVR.
Which is why I shall test the theory this week sometime (probably tomorrow evening before the BBT season premier)

I have extra coax cable I'll bring along. I think it's like 25 feet, and I'll bring connectors/splitters to aid in the connection.

As for the web cam, that should be easy enough to set up... just a matter or broadcasting (SKYPE anyone?)
You don't need DVR for all this, at least I don't think you do. Versus is on regular cable, thus I'm sure we can work something out. I have regular cable in the BR and digital cable in the LR.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 8:03 pm

TillyGalore wrote:CBB, will you bring your cooler too? I don't have one big enough to hold all the liquid beverages.
Yup. I think mimosas should be on order by the way.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 13th, 2009, 8:06 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:CBB, will you bring your cooler too? I don't have one big enough to hold all the liquid beverages.
Yup. I think mimosas should be on order by the way.
Thanks! I'll see what I can do about mimosas. :D :D
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 8:09 pm

knights68 wrote:
As far as the TV...I would guess all you would need is a splitter. If we split the line from the reciever to the TV..it will be the same channel on both TVs. I have a splitter too, and coax, but I'm not sure on the length. Really we would want about 50' at least so we could run it out the window. (I do know TNT has a line long enough, we used at the tailgate.)
I have a 100' coax if needed!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 8:11 pm

CBB set my wireless network up, thus wireless is available at The Maiden's Manor (I'm still working on a name for my adobe (I put that in for Lavabe)).
I like the "Maiden's Manor"!!!! Less is more than that OTHER name :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: that was floating about associated to the Madam herself and her kitties!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 13th, 2009, 8:27 pm

cl15876 wrote:

I like the "Maiden's Manor"!!!! Less is more than that OTHER name :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: that was floating about associated to the Madam herself and her kitties!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))

Hmm, less is more. Where did you get that? ;) ;) ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2009, 8:38 pm

cl15876 wrote:
knights68 wrote:
You are well-endowed... :oops: :roll:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 8:40 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:[quote="CameronBornAndBred""[quote="knights68""

However there is one little tiny rub to the outdoorsy thing... there may be rain in Durham on Saturday."/quote"
You are well-endowed... :oops: :roll:[/quote]

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
knights68

Post by knights68 » September 14th, 2009, 9:35 am

cl15876 wrote: You are well-endowed...
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
:ymblushing: Bad CLBON, Bad! :)) :))
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 14th, 2009, 9:52 am

Ok so here's the bad news. I can't make it. I had told MrsUsul a few weeks ago about this and she was on board. But I guess we weren't clear with each other on dates. She invited her parents to come down for the weekend. I knew she had done that, I just thought it was the next weekend. I don't think my in-laws are interested in going to a Duke football party and I don't think my wife would want to try to make them go. So :( :( :( :( :( :( :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :(( :(( :((
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 14th, 2009, 10:02 am

DukeUsul wrote:Ok so here's the bad news. I can't make it. I had told MrsUsul a few weeks ago about this and she was on board. But I guess we weren't clear with each other on dates. She invited her parents to come down for the weekend. I knew she had done that, I just thought it was the next weekend. I don't think my in-laws are interested in going to a Duke football party and I don't think my wife would want to try to make them go. So :( :( :( :( :( :( :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :(( :(( :((
Ya outta swing by for brunch, before the game.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 14th, 2009, 10:03 am

DukeUsul wrote:Ok so here's the bad news. I can't make it. I had told MrsUsul a few weeks ago about this and she was on board. But I guess we weren't clear with each other on dates. She invited her parents to come down for the weekend. I knew she had done that, I just thought it was the next weekend. I don't think my in-laws are interested in going to a Duke football party and I don't think my wife would want to try to make them go. So :( :( :( :( :( :( :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :(( :(( :((
Yeah I'm gonna see if I can swing over for a drive-by. We'll see.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2009, 12:39 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna see if I can swing over for a drive-by. We'll see.
Hope Tilly has the Derm PD on alert if you're scheduling a "drive-by." :roll: