Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Things I Lost in the Divorce

Post by ArkieDukie » November 16th, 2010, 9:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I can tell you what my wife GOT in the divorce... a broken down Nissan Sentra that lasted about a year, and $14K in debt that HE had accumulated before and during the marriage. She basically bought her divorce by taking on the debt, a LARGE chunk of which was two cars he kept and a full set of mechanics' tools with rolling chest that he bought to go to vocational school, which he never finished.

@};-
Do you all use the tools?
Um, no, he kept the tools and rolling tool chest. She left the tools with their leader, the biggest tool of them all. :D

@};-
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 16th, 2010, 10:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
bjornolf wrote:[I can tell you what my wife GOT in the divorce... a broken down Nissan Sentra that lasted about a year, and $14K in debt that HE had accumulated before and during the marriage. She basically bought her divorce by taking on the debt, a LARGE chunk of which was two cars he kept and a full set of mechanics' tools with rolling chest that he bought to go to vocational school, which he never finished.

Do you all use the tools?

Um, no, he kept the tools and rolling tool chest. She left the tools with their leader, the biggest tool of them all. :D

@};-
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:

Too funny! =)) =)) :)) :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 17th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Well, I haven't been through a divorce but Mr. Bostondevil put my iced-tea maker, my stand-up mixer, and my sewing machine 'away' to create more space. Where 'away' is, I've yet to determine.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 17th, 2010, 2:39 pm

He's also ruined several dry clean only clothing items and a handknit sweater by doing the laundry. And I'm not allowed to get mad because hey, he was doing the laundry! I'm supposed to be grateful, not angry, that he can't read a label or recognize a handknit wool sweater.

I finally had to ask him to stop helping with my laundry. He does do his own though. And for that, I am grateful.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 17th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Bostondevil wrote:He's also ruined several dry clean only clothing items and a handknit sweater by doing the laundry. And I'm not allowed to get mad because hey, he was doing the laundry! I'm supposed to be grateful, not angry, that he can't read a label or recognize a handknit wool sweater.

I finally had to ask him to stop helping with my laundry. He does do his own though. And for that, I am grateful.

Mr. Windsor is forbidden from touching my laundry for the same reason. He does his...I do mine. It works. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 17th, 2010, 4:07 pm

Bostondevil wrote:He's also ruined several dry clean only clothing items and a handknit sweater by doing the laundry. And I'm not allowed to get mad because hey, he was doing the laundry! I'm supposed to be grateful, not angry, that he can't read a label or recognize a handknit wool sweater.

Was it Bill Cosby who said guys do that on purpose to get out of doing chores?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 17th, 2010, 5:57 pm

windsor wrote:

Mr. Windsor is forbidden from touching my laundry for the same reason. He does his...I do mine. It works. :D
I have been :banned: from the laundry room also, unless it's to put some wet towels in the dryer and turn it on. I'm not even sure that is allowed either. :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » November 18th, 2010, 9:04 am

I try my best to read all the labels before I do laundry but I asked Kelly to put things that require special attention in special places so they don't accidentally end up in the wash. I always hang up my dry cleaning and never throw it in the laundry basket with other washables. Last year Kelly washed AND dried a wool sweater of mine. It now fits her perfectly. I think she did it on purpose. :-)
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 18th, 2010, 9:36 am

Miles wrote: Last year Kelly washed AND dried a wool sweater of mine. It now fits her perfectly. I think she did it on purpose. :-)
And I'll bet it's tight in all the right places, too! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 18th, 2010, 11:49 am

I do all the laundry in our house and I've learned to check all my wife's labels. What a hassle.

And now she started buying things for our toddler that are delicates. Now I have to check all my daughter's labels when I do the laundry! Aaaargh!
-- DukeUsul
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » November 18th, 2010, 3:03 pm

My delicates could use a gentle cleansing. :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles

Post by Miles » November 18th, 2010, 4:58 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I do all the laundry in our house and I've learned to check all my wife's labels. What a hassle.

And now she started buying things for our toddler that are delicates. Now I have to check all my daughter's labels when I do the laundry! Aaaargh!
Delicates for toddlers is borderline criminal, unless it's a 'Sunday Best' outfit or something for a special occasion.
sMiles
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 18th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Miles wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I do all the laundry in our house and I've learned to check all my wife's labels. What a hassle.

Delicates for toddlers is borderline criminal, unless it's a 'Sunday Best' outfit or something for a special occasion.
What's worse is when she dresses Katie in said delicates and then sends her to daycare to roll around in the mulch.
-- DukeUsul
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 18th, 2010, 6:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote: What's worse is when she dresses Katie in said delicates and then sends her to daycare to roll around in the mulch.
She'll have outgrown her delicates before you know it.
She needs to roll in the mulch. It's no fun not to.
You are a good father. Continue to show concern.
Go forth and prosper.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 18th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Who dared to make me Moses?
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 18th, 2010, 11:38 pm

And yet Katie herself is a delicate that can only be handwashed.

You'll forgive me if I don't see the problem, I hope.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 19th, 2010, 7:34 am

I friend of mine gave my daughter a beautiful (and no doubt expensive) outfit when she was a baby (under 6 months). It was DRY CLEAN ONLY. For a baby. WTF. I appreciated the gift, dressed Krysta in it once - took a picture - sent it to friend with gushy thank you. Donated it.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 19th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Was Colchar the lucky reciever of said outfit? :-? :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 20th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Bud does our laundry. He does a pretty good job. Sometimes a piece of my laundry comes out a size smaller. I never get on him. After 50 years of doing laundry, I could care less. :))
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 21st, 2010, 9:27 pm

:9f: