Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Exercise!

Post by ArkieDukie » August 26th, 2010, 9:17 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thirty minutes of EA Sports More Workouts Aerobics (Hard) with the Wii Fitness board, and thirty minutes of Wii tennis, fifteen minutes left-handed (where I'm a pro) and fifteen minutes right-handed (not so much). I had forgotten how much fun Wii tennis could be. Thanks for the reminder, AD!

My Gold's Gym Cardio Workout shipped today. :happy-bouncyblue:
Wow - that's great! We are seriously going to be pushing each other. :-BD I like the idea of playing tennis with my other hand. I'll have to try and see how I do. Thanks for the idea!

I did some extra walking today (went out to lunch to celebrate a co-worker's good news regarding a thyroid biopsy) and also did a walk around the building. That, coupled with my walk to/from the train station, put me at 99% of my 700 exercise calories when I got home. Did 15 min of Cardio Dance Workout and played a game of Wii tennis. I hit pro level today! I'm now sitting at 125% of my daily target.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 26th, 2010, 9:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I did some extra walking today (went out to lunch to celebrate a co-worker's good news regarding a thyroid biopsy) and also did a walk around the building. That, coupled with my walk to/from the train station, put me at 99% of my 700 exercise calories when I got home. Did 15 min of Cardio Dance Workout and played a game of Wii tennis. I hit pro level today! I'm now sitting at 125% of my daily target.
Way to go, AD! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 27th, 2010, 8:37 pm

I really wanted to be a slug today, but decided I couldn't face CTN, so I went to the gym. Got "my" treadmill. Fifteen minutes on exercise bike, fifteen minutes walking, fifteen minutes running. I feel really good, except I'm sore from the Wii tennis last night! Walked some at work, but not a lot.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 27th, 2010, 9:29 pm

I came home from work this morning because I didn't feel well (stomach bug/headache). Couldn't stand to see the activity monitor setting at only 3 dots, so I got out the Wii. 15 min of cardio dancing, 10 min of cardio boxing (was going to do 20 but just couldn't do it), a game of tennis, a few of the tennis skill exercises, a game of bowling, Wii fit step aerobics, and finally the island jog. I kept doing a bunch of light things, thinking the next little thing would put me over the top. It never did. The island jog put me at one dot over (approx. 115% of goal). I must've been REALLY close before starting the jog, and the gizmo must have registered it as running. Will have to log in and see.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 27th, 2010, 9:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I came home from work this morning because I didn't feel well (stomach bug/headache). Couldn't stand to see the activity monitor setting at only 3 dots, so I got out the Wii. 15 min of cardio dancing, 10 min of cardio boxing (was going to do 20 but just couldn't do it), a game of tennis, a few of the tennis skill exercises, a game of bowling, Wii fit step aerobics, and finally the island jog. I kept doing a bunch of light things, thinking the next little thing would put me over the top. It never did. The island jog put me at one dot over (approx. 115% of goal). I must've been REALLY close before starting the jog, and the gizmo must have registered it as running. Will have to log in and see.
Sorry you were under the weather, AD. Good for you, though, getting your exercise in anyway.

Hope you feel better!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 28th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Got a good chunk of my exercise today by taking a nice bike ride around Forest Park. Finished it off with cardio dancing, cardio boxing, and Wii tennis. It was a great day for a bike ride!
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 28th, 2010, 8:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Got a good chunk of my exercise today by taking a nice bike ride around Forest Park. Finished it off with cardio dancing, cardio boxing, and Wii tennis. It was a great day for a bike ride!
Way to go, AD! We are probably going to get bikes for each other for Christmas.

I did 20 minutes of Wii tennis on each hand, and then 30 minutes of My Fitness Coach yoga. The yoga was hard; not only am I a total klutz, it's hard to do Downward Dog when there's a Downward Dog (Merlin the Rescue Hound :O3 ) and hard to do the Plank when Sasha the Fitness Schnauzer :O3 doing a Downward Dog underneath my Plank!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 28th, 2010, 8:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Got a good chunk of my exercise today by taking a nice bike ride around Forest Park. Finished it off with cardio dancing, cardio boxing, and Wii tennis. It was a great day for a bike ride!

I did 20 minutes of Wii tennis on each hand, and then 30 minutes of My Fitness Coach yoga. The yoga was hard; not only am I a total klutz, it's hard to do Downward Dog when there's a Downward Dog (Merlin the Rescue Hound :O3 ) and hard to do the Plank when Sasha the Fitness Schnauzer :O3 doing a Downward Dog underneath my Plank!
How do you like My Fitness Coach? I've considered buying it.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 28th, 2010, 9:02 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

How do you like My Fitness Coach? I've considered buying it.
I liked the EA Sports Active better. For one thing, if it decides you need a day off, My Fitness Coach literally won't let you exercise. Also, after you exercise fifteen minutes or so, it starts taking a break between exercises, and then it will ask you questions; if you're working hard enough, etc. The buttons on the screen are small and unwieldy, so it's hard to get the answer you want.

I like the EA Sports ones better, except for the Yoga, which is pretty good (assuming you don't have dogs trying to help).
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 29th, 2010, 5:47 pm

Went for a slightly longer bike ride around Forest Park. I was almost hit by an idiot who decided to proceed through a stop sign when I was half way through the intersection. What a maroon. X(
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 30th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Back to the gym tonight, since my Gold's Gym Cardio Workout didn't make it. Fifteen minutes walking, fifteen minutes running, Schwinn Airdyne bike for cooldown. I was going to do a few stretches or something to get my hour in, but that didn't happen.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 30th, 2010, 9:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Back to the gym tonight, since my Gold's Gym Cardio Workout didn't make it. Fifteen minutes walking, fifteen minutes running, Schwinn Airdyne bike for cooldown. I was going to do a few stretches or something to get my hour in, but that didn't happen.
Nice job with the exercise! Hopefully your Gold's Gym Cardio Workout will show up tomorrow. Once you start with it, you'll need to have a bit of patience. The early routines are really easy. The difficulty ramps up as you progress through the routines. Same thing is happening with the Cardio Dance Workout, which I like. Wasn't so sure at the outset, but it's getting easier for me and so the degree of difficulty is picking up a bit.

My exercise calories upped to 718 for this week. Piece of cake. Finished it off tonight with a 25 min Cardio Dance workout.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 30th, 2010, 9:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Back to the gym tonight, since my Gold's Gym Cardio Workout didn't make it. Fifteen minutes walking, fifteen minutes running, Schwinn Airdyne bike for cooldown. I was going to do a few stretches or something to get my hour in, but that didn't happen.
Nice job with the exercise! Hopefully your Gold's Gym Cardio Workout will show up tomorrow. Once you start with it, you'll need to have a bit of patience. The early routines are really easy. The difficulty ramps up as you progress through the routines. Same thing is happening with the Cardio Dance Workout, which I like. Wasn't so sure at the outset, but it's getting easier for me and so the degree of difficulty is picking up a bit.

My exercise calories upped to 718 for this week. Piece of cake. Finished it off tonight with a 25 min Cardio Dance workout.
Way to go, AD!

Amazon estimated that my Cardio Workout would be here today, so maybe it'll be in tomorrow.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 31st, 2010, 11:41 am

Yay! Cardio Workout has arrived! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 31st, 2010, 10:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Yay! Cardio Workout has arrived! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Yay! Can't wait to hear how you like it.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 31st, 2010, 10:21 pm

Similar to yesterday - had 4/6 dots when I came home from work. Finished it off with Gold's Gym Cardio Dance Workout, Daisy Fuentes Pilates, and Wii tennis. Ended up at 115% of today's target! :happy-bouncyblue:

This is only my second time trying the Daisy Fuentes Pilates. The exercises are good (but a limited number), but the interface is annoying. Movements don't seem to be registered very well, and the warm up/cool down exercises seem excessive (5 min child's pose?). I'll give it another try or two before going another direction for abs. Seems like there's an ab blaster on EA Sports Active.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 31st, 2010, 10:38 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Yay! Cardio Workout has arrived! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
So far so good. Did about 50 minutes and got started on it.

AD, sorry about the Pilates. Five minutes of child's pose is way too much.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 31st, 2010, 10:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
So far so good. Did about 50 minutes and got started on it.

AD, sorry about the Pilates. Five minutes of child's pose is way too much.
Glad it's going well so far! Don't be shy about taking the boxing exams; I believe that helps ramp up the degree of difficulty.

The Daisy Fuentes Pilates has gotten very bad reviews for the reasons I've mentioned. I got it very cheap on clearance, but even then I don't think it was worth what I paid for it. Great idea, poor execution.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 1st, 2010, 10:04 pm

usual deal for this week: Cardio Dance Workout, Wii tennis. The dance workouts are ramping up in difficulty and seem to burn lots of calories in a reasonably short period of time. I give it a thumbs up. Don't like the games, though.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 1st, 2010, 10:25 pm

I didn't think I was exerting myself all that much last night on the Cardio Workout. Was I ever wrong. About noon today I realized someone beat my entire body with a hammer....

I did a bunch of walking today (staggering is probably a better word) but that was it. Probably Cardio Workout tomorrow and gym on Friday.

AD, you are my hero! ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.