Where are we?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Where are we?

Post by bjornolf » November 19th, 2009, 5:10 am

gadzooks wrote:Noooo, you don't suck! It's all Google's fault (another time we need that shin-kicking smiley!). I can place your marker for you if you want, just gimme the location.
No, you just have to speak slowly for our fellows from the GWN (Great White North). ;) The cold up there gives them permanent brain freeze. I kid, I kid!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 19th, 2009, 5:13 am

cl15876 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
I'll be careful not to drop the soap. :poke:

%%-
Hey now ....WHAT in the world makes you think, YOU and I WILL ever be sharing a shower? ;) :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Thank heavens for that!

Hey, you're the one in the "behind me" conversation with DD, and talking about your marker being "behind the scenes" of mine. I'm just taking it to it's logical conclusion. You're the ones with the dirty minds. I'm just trying to defend myself! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 19th, 2009, 8:07 am

When I click on the edit button, I get an error. Tried it in Firefox and IE.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 19th, 2009, 9:59 am

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
I'll be careful not to drop the soap. :poke:

%%-
Hey now ....WHAT in the world makes you think, YOU and I WILL ever be sharing a shower? ;) :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Thank heavens for that!

Hey, you're the one in the "behind me" conversation with DD, and talking about your marker being "behind the scenes" of mine. I'm just taking it to it's logical conclusion. You're the ones with the dirty minds. I'm just trying to defend myself! ;)

%%-
Geez. More innuendos... =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » November 19th, 2009, 4:57 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:When I click on the edit button, I get an error. Tried it in Firefox and IE.
Hmm. If you're inclined to try to troubleshoot it, see here or here, or just let me know where to put the marker and I'll do it for ya.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » November 20th, 2009, 11:24 am

gadzooks wrote:I know there's a large concentration of CTN posters in the Triangle area, but how many of us are elsewhere? I'm in central NJ, anybody else near me?

Would folks be interested in doing a collaborative Google Map where everyody can mark their location? We did that on another board I belong to, and it was fun seeing where everybody is.
I think this is an awesome idea. I have long held a fascination with maps, and historical geographies are a major thematic current in my research.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » November 22nd, 2009, 8:31 pm

wilson wrote:
gadzooks wrote:I know there's a large concentration of CTN posters in the Triangle area, but how many of us are elsewhere? I'm in central NJ, anybody else near me?

Would folks be interested in doing a collaborative Google Map where everyody can mark their location? We did that on another board I belong to, and it was fun seeing where everybody is.
I think this is an awesome idea. I have long held a fascination with maps, and historical geographies are a major thematic current in my research.
Maps ARE pretty awesome! :-bd Except road maps... They can be a pain sometimes. Other times they are great.
Class of 2014
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 22nd, 2009, 9:40 pm

I put the mark on our house. Well, somehow, I got 3 marks on my house. I have no clue how to get the abundence of marks off.I will not stay awake worring about my mistake. :D
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » December 8th, 2009, 7:22 pm

A bump for anyone who hasn't seen this and wants to join in. If anybody needs help or wants me to place a marker for them, just say the word.
Very Duke Blue wrote:I put the mark on our house. Well, somehow, I got 3 marks on my house. I have no clue how to get the abundence of marks off.I will not stay awake worring about my mistake. :D
I took the liberty of relocating your marker, which had somehow ended up in the middle of the woods up near Yanceyville (yeah, I don't know where that is either :lol:). It should be somewhere in the vicinity of your place now. BTW, my mind always turns Efland into Elfland, which seems a very jolly place. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 8th, 2009, 8:03 pm

gadzooks wrote:A bump for anyone who hasn't seen this and wants to join in. If anybody needs help or wants me to place a marker for them, just say the word.
Very Duke Blue wrote:I put the mark on our house. Well, somehow, I got 3 marks on my house. I have no clue how to get the abundence of marks off.I will not stay awake worring about my mistake. :D
I took the liberty of relocating your marker, which had somehow ended up in the middle of the woods up near Yanceyville (yeah, I don't know where that is either :lol:). It should be somewhere in the vicinity of your place now. BTW, my mind always turns Efland into Elfland, which seems a very jolly place. :D
thank you for fixing this. i actually saw my house in the aerial photo. we are in the woods. 600 ft from the rd & 1200 ft from the eno river. our land is in tqo plots.

a lot of people think its elfland. :D

thanks again. :)
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy » December 8th, 2009, 10:34 pm

Nancy - you made a little boo-boo when you placed Ozzie's pin on that map . Smithfield is on I-95, north of Benson and South of Wilson - but Ozzie's "pin" is just outside of Shalotte (near Wilmington).
"And Johnboy is right" - lawgrad91
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2009, 12:06 am

Johnboy wrote:Nancy - you made a little boo-boo when you placed Ozzie's pin on that map . Smithfield is on I-95, north of Benson and South of Wilson - but Ozzie's "pin" is just outside of Shalotte (near Wilmington).
It wasn't there when I put it on there. I'll go back and see what's wrong.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2009, 12:14 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Johnboy wrote:Nancy - you made a little boo-boo when you placed Ozzie's pin on that map . Smithfield is on I-95, north of Benson and South of Wilson - but Ozzie's "pin" is just outside of Shalotte (near Wilmington).
It wasn't there when I put it on there. I'll go back and see what's wrong.
OK, my marker is back where it belongs. In fact, I've put it over my office computer, exactly where I am at this instant! B-)

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 9th, 2009, 9:39 am

i have no idea how i did that and didn't have a clue i did. ozzie, i hope it wasn't too much trouble to pack and repack your household. :)) :)) :)) :))
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 9th, 2009, 9:41 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
i have no idea how i did that and didn't have a clue i did. ozzie, i hope it wasn't too much trouble to pack and repack your household. :)) :)) :)) :))
Probably the easiest move he has ever made.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 9th, 2009, 9:42 am

gadzooks wrote:A bump for anyone who hasn't seen this and wants to join in. If anybody needs help or wants me to place a marker for them, just say the word.
:ymblushing: And I always think F-Land and that all the people run around swearing - so not so jolly a place.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 9th, 2009, 9:56 am

:ymblushing: And I always think F-Land and that all the people run around swearing - so not so jolly a place.[/quote]

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2009, 2:23 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
Probably the easiest move he has ever made.
I've lived in this house for 30 years and 5 days. We've got so much stuff piled up that I couldn't move if I had to...

Moving the pin back to where it belonged was no problem.

gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » December 9th, 2009, 2:54 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: :ymblushing: And I always think F-Land and that all the people run around swearing - so not so jolly a place.
=)) Actually, that might be a good place for me, with my potty mouth! :lol: