What would you have done?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What would you have done?

Post by devildeac » November 10th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:DD, if you have another bad day, you can always come over here and shoot coyotes to relieve your stress. :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Any cougars in your neighborhood?

(jk)

:)) :)) =)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 11th, 2009, 12:25 am

devildeac wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: Not to stick up for a tar hole, but if I'd been waiting over an hour for my dinner, even if I were the paragon of manners on an average night (I'm not,) I probably would have been less than gracious in greeting a rival. :-l
1. It wasn't my idea to schedule dinner at 7 or 715 PM after a 330 PM game that did not end until about 645 PM. I suggested 730 or even 8 PM reservations if folks still wished to get together.
2. I did not want to be there in the first place (or second or even third place) after a Duke-unc game.
3. They had at least 3 plates of appetizers before we got there plus an adult beverage or two.
4. It was damn near impossible to get from the dump on the hump to the restaurant in less than an hour with all the :swear: traffic in chappaheeya.
5. Did I make it clear in a somewhat circuitous manner that I thought it was a lousy idea from the beginning?

X(
Yeah, I got that from your initial post. My point was, this person may not have been so thrilled about the original idea either and have been just as equally annoyed ("Why are we waiting 75 minutes for a DUKE couple? They'll be coming from the game, they'll be late, I don't want to do this anways.")

You get a big hug from me :ymhug: for humoring Mrs. DD, and one more :ymhug: for your very bad day.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 11th, 2009, 8:50 am

devildeac wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:DD, if you have another bad day, you can always come over here and shoot coyotes to relieve your stress. :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

(jk)

I have not seen any running, or walking for that matter, in the woods. I doubt hanging out in the woods woulld be their thing. So far, none have surfaced in the neighborhood. =)) =)) =)) =)) :cat:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2009, 9:01 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
devildeac wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: Not to stick up for a tar hole, but if I'd been waiting over an hour for my dinner, even if I were the paragon of manners on an average night (I'm not,) I probably would have been less than gracious in greeting a rival. :-l
1. It wasn't my idea to schedule dinner at 7 or 715 PM after a 330 PM game that did not end until about 645 PM. I suggested 730 or even 8 PM reservations if folks still wished to get together.
2. I did not want to be there in the first place (or second or even third place) after a Duke-unc game.
3. They had at least 3 plates of appetizers before we got there plus an adult beverage or two.
4. It was damn near impossible to get from the dump on the hump to the restaurant in less than an hour with all the :swear: traffic in chappaheeya.
5. Did I make it clear in a somewhat circuitous manner that I thought it was a lousy idea from the beginning?

X(
Yeah, I got that from your initial post. My point was, this person may not have been so thrilled about the original idea either and have been just as equally annoyed ("Why are we waiting 75 minutes for a DUKE couple? They'll be coming from the game, they'll be late, I don't want to do this anways.")

You get a big hug from me :ymhug: for humoring Mrs. DD, and one more :ymhug: for your very bad day.
Good insight/thoughts. I'm not sure who arranged it. The husbands were initially not included and then a couple of the ladies decided to include all the guys. Thanks.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 11th, 2009, 10:33 am

devildeac wrote:
Good insight/thoughts. I'm not sure who arranged it. The husbands were initially not included and then a couple of the ladies decided to include all the guys. Thanks.
This sort of unpleasant encounter comes up as a blindside attack in addition to being poor sportsmanship. Whatever one does in response, there are always more ideas later when reflecting on what happened. Taking the high road, in whatever form, is the best choice....a very difficult one, but the best nonetheless.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 11th, 2009, 10:35 am

devildeac wrote:

(jk)

Why in the world would you want to shoot a cougar?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2009, 12:36 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
devildeac wrote:

(jk)

Why in the world would you want to shoot a cougar?

I was referencing the non-feline variety of cougar and I would not shoot one of those either. ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 11th, 2009, 1:16 pm

devildeac wrote:
Bostondevil wrote: Why in the world would you want to shoot a cougar?

I was referencing the non-feline variety of cougar and I would not shoot one of those either. ;)
Umm, you do realize that a cougar for you would be about 70 or 80.

:)) :)) :)) or :(( :(( :((
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2009, 1:30 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Bostondevil wrote: Why in the world would you want to shoot a cougar?

Umm, you do realize that a cougar for you would be about 70 or 80.

:)) :)) :)) or :(( :(( :((
Didn't say I wanted either variety... ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2009, 7:08 pm

In honor of this thread, please refer to my most recent addition to "Jokes."
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2009, 7:38 pm

devildeac wrote:In honor of this thread, please refer to my most recent addition to "Jokes."
Here's the joke for those who might miss it in the Jokes thread:

Three old grads from the Triangle's 3 major universities (yea, I'm stretching here a bit) were walking along the beach at Emerald Isle this summer when they saw a glimmer from the sand. They all reached over and pulled a metal object up, brushed it off and realized they had found an ancient lantern. A puff of smoke came out of the lantern and a genie appeared. As expected, the genie then asked the 3 fellows what they wanted for their 3 wishes. Of course, being unable to agree, the State, unc and DUKE grads continued to argue. The genie quickly intervened and said he was giving each one a single wish and asked who was first. The Wolfie squealed, "ooh, me first" and the genie agreed and asked what the wish was.

Our Wolfpack buddy gushed, "Jim Valvano was the best basketball coach ever and I wish him back on the sidelines at the RBC Center." The genie replied, "your wish is my command" and Jimmy V returned to coach the 'pack again.

"OK, who's next?" snarled the genie who was obviously already tired of the nonsense from these 3 knuckleheads.

The 'hole declared in his most haughty fashion, "I should be next." The genie acknowledged him and snapped, "what do you want?" Our pasty-blue clad beachcomber launched into one his programmed discourses about how he was tired of all the damn Yankees who came to chappaheeya, went to school or work there and never left. The genie, obviously disgusted with this load of :poo: said impatiently, "what's your wish, ram-breath?"

His reply was, "please build a wall around chappaheeya that is 40 feet high, 10 feet thick that has no entrance or exit."

The genie's quick and simply reply was, "done."

He turned to the Duke alum and said, "you got the 3rd wish. Whaddaya want?"

Not to be hurried, the DUKE fellow asked if he could get a couple things clarified. The genie was obviously tired of the process but agreed to answer a question or two.

"That wall you just built around chappaheeya is really 40 feet high?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And 10 feet thick?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And no one can get in or out?"

"YES, now what the hell do you want for the 3rd and final wish," the genie exploded.

"Fill it with cement."
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » November 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:In honor of this thread, please refer to my most recent addition to "Jokes."
Here's the joke for those who might miss it in the Jokes thread:

Three old grads from the Triangle's 3 major universities (yea, I'm stretching here a bit) were walking along the beach at Emerald Isle this summer when they saw a glimmer from the sand. They all reached over and pulled a metal object up, brushed it off and realized they had found an ancient lantern. A puff of smoke came out of the lantern and a genie appeared. As expected, the genie then asked the 3 fellows what they wanted for their 3 wishes. Of course, being unable to agree, the State, unc and DUKE grads continued to argue. The genie quickly intervened and said he was giving each one a single wish and asked who was first. The Wolfie squealed, "ooh, me first" and the genie agreed and asked what the wish was.

Our Wolfpack buddy gushed, "Jim Valvano was the best basketball coach ever and I wish him back on the sidelines at the RBC Center." The genie replied, "your wish is my command" and Jimmy V returned to coach the 'pack again.

"OK, who's next?" snarled the genie who was obviously already tired of the nonsense from these 3 knuckleheads.

The 'hole declared in his most haughty fashion, "I should be next." The genie acknowledged him and snapped, "what do you want?" Our pasty-blue clad beachcomber launched into one his programmed discourses about how he was tired of all the damn Yankees who came to chappaheeya, went to school or work there and never left. The genie, obviously disgusted with this load of :poo: said impatiently, "what's your wish, ram-breath?"

His reply was, "please build a wall around chappaheeya that is 40 feet high, 10 feet thick that has no entrance or exit."

The genie's quick and simply reply was, "done."

He turned to the Duke alum and said, "you got the 3rd wish. Whaddaya want?"

Not to be hurried, the DUKE fellow asked if he could get a couple things clarified. The genie was obviously tired of the process but agreed to answer a question or two.

"That wall you just built around chappaheeya is really 40 feet high?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And 10 feet thick?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And no one can get in or out?"

"YES, now what the hell do you want for the 3rd and final wish," the genie exploded.

"Fill it with cement."
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :D
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » November 12th, 2009, 3:49 pm

DD, you're a good, patient man. I'm not above threatening the douche: "Oh you're right your shirt will look much better now when i throw a glass of wine in your face later." You don't have to really, but it sure would've been fun to pick up a glass of wine, walk over to his side of the table, stand behind him and ask everyone to raise their glasses for a toast. You know, just generally get inside his head and make his dinner uncomfortable.
sMiles