The Job Search Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: The Job Search Thread

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2012, 11:07 am

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:How much time passed between receiving word of the offer and your acceptance?
:D :Clap:

1.03 x10^-24 nanoseconds
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Request of the famous CTN Vibes!

Post by knights68 » February 3rd, 2012, 2:13 pm

Awaiting anxiously by the phone for this awesome job I interviewed for last week and this week (@ Lenovo!).
Did a phone interview last week with the Dept Mgr and then a phone interview with the other Mgr. Then a couple of days ago I went to a face-to-face interview... not with two, not with three, but with 5 people (plus another telephone interview with a mgmt member in Canada).

Waiting to hear at any time now as to whether I got it or not. Please vibe for me, I got a lot riding on this year and this job is the first of many big plans I hope to achieve!!!

:pray: :pray: Come om CTN mojo, work that magic!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: Request of the famous CTN Vibes!

Post by windsor » February 3rd, 2012, 2:44 pm

knights68 wrote:Awaiting anxiously by the phone for this awesome job I interviewed for last week and this week (@ Lenovo!).
Did a phone interview last week with the Dept Mgr and then a phone interview with the other Mgr. Then a couple of days ago I went to a face-to-face interview... not with two, not with three, but with 5 people (plus another telephone interview with a mgmt member in Canada).

Waiting to hear at any time now as to whether I got it or not. Please vibe for me, I got a lot riding on this year and this job is the first of many big plans I hope to achieve!!!

:pray: :pray: Come om CTN mojo, work that magic!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibrating at 1.2 GHz.

(and padding ye old post count at the same time!)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2012, 3:11 pm

Vibing away!!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 3rd, 2012, 3:40 pm

Vibes for a good phone call from Lenovo, K68! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 3rd, 2012, 4:26 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Lenovo vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 3rd, 2012, 6:18 pm

Re-directing all remaining magical job vibes to knights68! Leno-vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 3rd, 2012, 6:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:Arkie: Create a spreadsheet, and document EVERY FREAKIN' EXPENSE in your move, including expenses you incur before, during, and after the move. CONSULT with a tax person! Find out what you can and can't use for tax purposes. :-B
Awesome news of the day: I asked about moving expenses and learned that most, if not all, are covered! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 3rd, 2012, 6:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Arkie: Create a spreadsheet, and document EVERY FREAKIN' EXPENSE in your move, including expenses you incur before, during, and after the move. CONSULT with a tax person! Find out what you can and can't use for tax purposes. :-B
Awesome news of the day: I asked about moving expenses and learned that most, if not all, are covered! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Wow! Keep asking for more stuff until they say "no"! :D

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 3rd, 2012, 6:41 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Wow! Keep asking for more stuff until they say "no"! :D
Don't worry, Ozzie; I'm already on it. :D
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 3rd, 2012, 7:02 pm

knights68 wrote:Awaiting anxiously by the phone for this awesome job I interviewed for last week and this week (@ Lenovo!).

Mega awesome new job vibes heading up to Durham for the Duchess of Durham's Knight in shining armor ((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2012, 7:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
knights68

Post by knights68 » February 3rd, 2012, 7:33 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Re-directing all remaining magical job vibes to knights68! Leno-vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I GOT IT!! I got the job!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 3rd, 2012, 7:34 pm

knights68 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Re-directing all remaining magical job vibes to knights68! Leno-vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
YIPPEEEEE!!!! Congratulations, knights! This is wonderful news. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

We seriously need to schedule a BYOB party in Section 21 to celebrate the new jobs.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 3rd, 2012, 7:39 pm

knights68 wrote:
Woo-F'ng-Hoos for you, too!

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2012, 7:43 pm

knights68 wrote:
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-BD
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 3rd, 2012, 7:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
This IRS considers this a benefit and you'll get taxed for it at the end of the year.
I worship the Blue Devil!
knights68

Post by knights68 » February 3rd, 2012, 8:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:YIPPEEEEE!!!! Congratulations, knights! This is wonderful news. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

We seriously need to schedule a BYOB party in Section 21 to celebrate the new jobs.

Thanks! I, for one, would totally dig this idea!!!!!! :-BD
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 3rd, 2012, 8:10 pm

knights68 wrote:
Wonderful news, Knights!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: ^:)^ \:d/
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 3rd, 2012, 9:01 pm

I swear I'm getting CHILLS with all these great bits of news. Sure wish Scotty or somebody could beam me up to wherever all of you are so I could give great big hugs and pop some champagne corks!!!!

Keep the faith all of you who are still waiting. See? Good things still really do happen. And when they do it's like a stroke of lightening!

Hooray and love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe