Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
wilson wrote:
CellR wrote: I've always wanted a Beagle, or some sort of small dog that doesn't bite. We had a Schnauzer a long time ago, but it almost ate me alive on multiple occasions. :o3
Yeah, Schnauzers can be pretty testy. Beagles, on the other hand, bay pretty crazily. And yes, please reserve "Bubbles" and "Squishy" for fish or other similarly non-cuddly pets. Your dogs deserve better.
Beagles are sweet dogs but chew incessantly. Forewarned is forearmed.
I had a Beagle/Cocker Spaniel mix (growing up) and he was an awesome dog! Smart as a whip!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Lavabe wrote:I would LOVE to know whether the O'Fallon Wheach is still available in St. Louis.
Think I've seen it recently. If not, I still have some in my fridge.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
DukePA wrote:Aye!!
Aye Aye

OMG - Bjornolf, this is what you have to look forward to when your little crawly pet gets old I suspect! :-o :-o :-o
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2009, 10:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: One reason driers (dryers? both spellings are acceptable - why?) don't come with cords, which is where the male plug is, is because there is not a standard (female) receptacle put in by electricians. Older dwellings tend to have 3-hole receptacles, newer ones have 4-hole receptacles, and therefore need a mating plug, but that is not consistent. Usually they are rated at 30 amps. Occasionally an electrician will have 50 amp (stove/range) receptacles in their truck when wiring the house and he'll use one of those, just to add to the confusion. The difference is in how the house was wired at the panel - are the neutral and ground wires "bonded together" or are they separate leads. Old houses tend to have them bonded together and use 3 wire systems, while newer abodes will have separate grounds and neutrals, but that depends on local codes, too.

Wiring 102 class is now over (for the moment). :D
Good points and yes you are absolutely correct! Ya know you are dating yourself!!!! :D I am sitting here trying to remember, but I think it was four!
Yes, Cathy told me the house has a 4-wire receptacle. BTW, the changeover occurred in 1996
Did I also mention that I could have bought a gas dryer? We (actually, not me, but cl15876) noticed that the laundry room is plumbed for a gas dryer. Of course, I'd already ordered the electric dryer.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 13th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Platypuses are poisonous.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2009, 10:33 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Cl15876 isn't going to be posting any time soon.

He's running some sort of electric saw out on my deck.
Tell him to watch his fingers, otherwise it will be even longer until he posts.
I got a few fingers caught a few weeks ago because I was stupid and in hurry and the chainsaw slipped and nipped my left hand.... ouch!!!!! Thank goodness I am a righty!!!! :D
Ironically, when he cut off portions of his fingers, I was on the way to my plastic surgeon's office.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:35 pm

YAY - down to 10 pages on this thread until I get caught up! OMG..... My speed reading is increasing, exponentially, absorption factor (well) questionable! :D :oops: 8-|
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Yogurt, granola, and dried cranberries. Too bad I don't have fresh fruit.
This is what I'm thinking about having for breakfast.
that sounds yummy!!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:37 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Shammrog wrote:What do you all take for headaches anyway?
Ibiprofin is much better than Advil for your internal organs, so I am told! Take 4 200mg and that is equivalent to 1 prescription strength version and you could still take more. I think your body can handle upto 3000mg per day of this rather than the other, although I do in deed hate taking drugs of any kind.
:-B Science nerd, science nerd to the LTE... :-B

Actually, Advil is ibuprofen. Tylenol is acetaminophen. I don't think it's a good idea to go above the recommended dose on either one, though devildeac and/or DukePA probably know more about this than I do. Acetaminophen is a bit worse though. Don't ever take acetaminophen if you've got alcohol in your system, unless you want liver damage. Stick with aspirin.

:-B And thus ends the Science Nerd Moment for today. :-B
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:38 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:{{{{{pause to send vibes to Sue and her family}}}}}}
Vibes and prayers from VA for Sue and her Dad and her family!!!! @};- :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:39 pm

cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Yogurt, granola, and dried cranberries. Too bad I don't have fresh fruit.
This is what I'm thinking about having for breakfast.
that sounds yummy!!!!
It wasn't too shabby. There was a farmer's market at work today, and I bought peaches. Tomorrow's breakfast will be peaches, yogurt, pecans, and granola. I also bought fresh corn on the cob - that was supper. :-bd
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:{{{{{vibes to Ima and her family}}}}}
vibes and prayers for Ima and her daughter and her family!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: @};-
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2009, 10:40 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:I was pulling out of my parking spot at the Hunter-Gatherer Pub in Columbia (incidentally, great spot) tonight, and some dickhead saw the sticker on my car and yelled, "Duke sucks!"
I have to confess that I was kind of an asshole back. But it felt good.
And what did you yell back at "dickhead?"
Just the typical knee-jerk bit about him being too dumb to get in. Does nothing to aid out reputation, but I wasn't gonna make friends with him anyway.
How do you say it quickly and cleverly?

I saw a Duke student around the time of the ACC Tournament being interviewed on WRAL, and he said something like, "Well, I had a CHOICE to attend Duke or carolina, and I chose Duke. These people (pointing to the Tarholes surrounding him) didn't have that choice."

Well, of course, that comment went over their heads. . .

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:41 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:{{{{{{smoke-free vibes to Windsor}}}}}}
Vibes and prayers on your success! I have to kick the habit also!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:How do you say it quickly and cleverly?

I saw a Duke student around the time of the ACC Tournament being interviewed on WRAL, and he said something like, "Well, I had a CHOICE to attend Duke or carolina, and I chose Duke. These people (pointing to the Tarholes surrounding him) didn't have that choice."

Well, of course, that comment went over their heads. . .
Good one. I like it! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :-bd
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:At the moment I have 45 consecutive posts. This makes 46.
That is, assuming I counted correctly.
Good show, even if you are off one or two!!!! :-bd
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:43 pm

cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:At the moment I have 45 consecutive posts. This makes 46.
That is, assuming I counted correctly.
Good show, even if you are off one or two!!!! :-bd
Hey, it was the middle of the night - what can I say! :oops: :lol:
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 13th, 2009, 10:46 pm

Holy freaking gevalt!! You people have gone beserk. Of course, that's why I love ya'll silly post whores :-* :-* :-*

Arkie, you are right; Motrin and Advil are ibuprofen. The max dose is 3200mg/day. I'm not a huge fan of acetaminophen/Tylenol because of the potential liver damage especially when alcohol is on board as Ms. Arkie stated. Soooo, aspirin is okay, but a powerful anticoagulant. Less meds, the better.

Holy shit! Ezmarellda is practicing medicine :ymdevil:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 10:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote: And what did you yell back at "dickhead?"
Just the typical knee-jerk bit about him being too dumb to get in. Does nothing to aid out reputation, but I wasn't gonna make friends with him anyway.
How do you say it quickly and cleverly?
It wasn't terribly clever; I just shot back without missing a beat, "Couldn't get in, huh?"
It very much had the desired effect, as I sped off blasting Wilco while he stood (just about literally) shaking his fist in the parking lot. Schmuck.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2009, 10:47 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
DukePA wrote:Aye!!
Aye Aye

OMG - Bjornolf, this is what you have to look forward to when your little crawly pet gets old I suspect! :-o :-o :-o
It is not!

This is an Aye-Aye, which is a lemur. Bjornolf's animal is a Sugar Bear, a marsupial.

Bjornolf's animal is incapable of becoming a lemur--just like your kids are incapable of growing up and becoming lemurs.

~ James Naismith