Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Exercise!

Post by bluebutton » August 9th, 2011, 7:16 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
I got in a 55 min./3 mile hilly walk yesterday, and a 45 min. stroller stroll w/ some mom friends today.

BlueButton, we barely broke 70 today -- can we trade?
Way to go--exercise and some social time. That's great!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I dunno about trading, 100 is pretty uncomfortable, how about averaging? We could send you 15=20 degrees of heat.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » August 12th, 2011, 7:26 am

HOLY COW!!!

I tried running this morning at 5:30 after my son's 5AM feed--

It was a lot cooler than in the evening, but it so SO humid. :-w Checking online, we're at 81 dgr and 77% humidity. #-o It's been more like 25% humidity lately.

EWWW.

BUT in good news--Week 7 day 1: completed :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 12th, 2011, 10:11 am

bluebutton wrote:HOLY COW!!!

I tried running this morning at 5:30 after my son's 5AM feed--

It was a lot cooler than in the evening, but it so SO humid. :-w Checking online, we're at 81 dgr and 77% humidity. #-o It's been more like 25% humidity lately.

EWWW.

BUT in good news--Week 7 day 1: completed :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
YOU ROCK! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » September 5th, 2011, 4:55 pm

"Week 8"--my personal best so far--28 min continuously. And this morning was the coolest most humane day in recent memory. Saw a bunch of others running and walking. It was like how I imagine it goes in cold climates--on the first good day everyone goes outside.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 5th, 2011, 9:56 pm

bluebutton wrote:"Week 8"--my personal best so far--28 min continuously. And this morning was the coolest most humane day in recent memory. Saw a bunch of others running and walking. It was like how I imagine it goes in cold climates--on the first good day everyone goes outside.
I'm really impressed! Way to go! :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD :clap: ^:)^

I started over. Tomorrow night is Week 4 Day 1.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 6th, 2011, 8:10 am

I too have been running the Couch to 5K program, or at least using it as a guide because I'm trying to get it done in six weeks. I'm pretty excited about being able to run again. I ran track in high school, though I was a sprinter (still am in my heart) so long distances have always been my weakness. I've been running on the treadmill to get my knee strength built-up.

I begin and end each run with a brisk 5 minute walk. This week I'm running for 7 minutes, walking for 2 minutes and repeating that 3 times at 2% incline. Friday, I'm taking my run to the greenway to start working on real terrain and trying to acclimate myself to the humidity. Ugh.

Keep up the good work everyone!
sMiles
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » January 16th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Well 2 things have happened:

1) My mom told me I wasn't exercising enough and sent us a big check for Christmas to rectify that problem.
2) The other day, I went to lift my 30 lb daughter out of the shopping cart and had a hard time.

So for the first time ever I've joined a gym and gotten a personal trainer. My goal is to do the program set out in Starting Strength -- basically squats, presses and deadlifts. Figure that should keep me busy for a while since I'm a totally wimp as evidenced by my inability to complete 2 sets of 8 bench presses @ 50lbs.

Anyways, here's to being able to keep up with my kids.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 16th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Sounds good BB. We've also joined a gym, and have been pretty good about going 3 times a week. We do heavy walking on the treadmill for about a mile and then do weights, overall our workout lasts an hour or so. I will never be Hercules, I don't have the natural build for that, but I do hope to tone up some. I'm gonna enjoy replacing my beer belly with a 6 pack. :D

We have walked a mile every night since I moved in with Julie, and in 3 months I lost 20 pounds...I went from 185 to 165. It is amazing what just walking can do. (It's also amazing what good cooking can do, I put 10 pounds on Julie in that same time period. =)) )
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » January 16th, 2013, 9:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I put 10 pounds on Julie in that same time period. =)) )
Love it!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2013, 10:50 am

bluebutton wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: I put 10 pounds on Julie in that same time period. =)) )
Love it!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Too funny! And congrats on being such a great cook! =))
Iron Duke #1471997.