Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » July 13th, 2011, 2:59 pm

bluebutton wrote:Wk 5 Day 1.

I'm using a free podcast down load and it was worth every penny last night. It had music but only a cue to start running after a 5 min warm up. so I ran for 10 min before doing the math and realizing things were messed up. I'm glad I looked at the print out of the program. I was supposed to do 3 sets of 5 min running and 3 min walking. I ended up walking three min and then ran another 5 min. So I got the same total amt of run time--15 min.

That said, I would have felt better if it hadn't been 10 days since my last run. It's been a hard couple weeks at our house :(
Good job! :wizard: :wizard: and :ymhug: :ymhug: that things get better.

I did Week 4 Day 2 last night, except my knee was bothering me so I ran two and a half minutes, then walked thirty seconds, then did the other two and a half minutes of the five minute segment. I did get all the running in. Today my knee is better. Still a little sore, but not so bad to take anything (EJ meds or otherwise) for it.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 15th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Last night was the 30 minute express workout. Triceps are sore.

Tonight I reverted to Week 3 and did one of those over. My knee didn't bother me too much. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » July 16th, 2011, 3:06 pm

Week 5 day 2!!!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Starting to feel optimistic that I'll finish the program and that I'm getting back in shape. I'm starting to lose the post-pregnancy shape but not the weight. It's weird. The scale's not changing but my clothing fit definitely is. Well, progress is progress; I'll take it!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 16th, 2011, 3:30 pm

One hour walk on beach this AM with new SIL. This was accompanied by a FREE sand, salt water and crushed sea shells pedicure :D . My those walking and dancing calluses (sp?) feel and look so much better, softer and smaller :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 17th, 2011, 9:38 am

devildeac wrote:One hour walk on beach this AM with new SIL. This was accompanied by a FREE sand, salt water and crushed sea shells pedicure :D . My those walking and dancing calluses (sp?) feel and look so much better, softer and smaller :D .
Repeated last PM but with no SIL as he and CLD returned home for his Sunday day of work/non-rest. Calluses continue to get smaller and softer. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 17th, 2011, 12:29 pm

I've never had a pedicure...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 18th, 2011, 9:42 pm

I went to the gym tonight, bruised/swollen knee and all. Did 15 minutes on the elliptical, which wasn't too bad. Couldn't do the step part of the 30 minute express or the bike or run on the treadmill, though. :(
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » July 18th, 2011, 11:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I went to the gym tonight, bruised/swollen knee and all. Did 15 minutes on the elliptical, which wasn't too bad. Couldn't do the step part of the 30 minute express or the bike or run on the treadmill, though. :(
Wow you are hard core--hope your knee is ok, I haven't kept up with thee details but it seems to be a lingering problem?

I finished week 5 tonight!! It's a 20 min continuous run. Felt reasonably good. Reminds me why I like the couch to 5K program--it goes at a pace my body can handle.

Hope your knee gets better soon LG
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 19th, 2011, 1:29 am

I got out with some other new moms, for a 40 min. walk, carrying an additional 12lbs with me (also known as FutureDA.) We then went and strolled around the newly renovated (and reorganized, hence the strolling) Target. My knees are not happy, so I sympathize with you, lawgrad.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 19th, 2011, 12:44 pm

bluebutton wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I went to the gym tonight, bruised/swollen knee and all. Did 15 minutes on the elliptical, which wasn't too bad. Couldn't do the step part of the 30 minute express or the bike or run on the treadmill, though. :(
Wow you are hard core--hope your knee is ok, I haven't kept up with thee details but it seems to be a lingering problem?

I finished week 5 tonight!! It's a 20 min continuous run. Felt reasonably good. Reminds me why I like the couch to 5K program--it goes at a pace my body can handle.

Hope your knee gets better soon LG
You go, Bluebutton! :-BD ^:)^

As far as the knee, :ymblushing: I wrecked my bike on Saturday and landed on it. I'm fine, it's just bruised.

I've had knee problems for years, but fish oil has helped A LOT.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 25th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Wow. This thread had been relegated to page 3.

Blazing Saddles was on in the gym tonight. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I can't hear about Hedy Lamarr without hearing Harvey Korman say, "It's Hedley."
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 26th, 2011, 7:48 am

"Easy Taggart, it's just a man and his horse being hanged outside."

"I didn't get a harumph outa that guy."
"Give the governor harumph!"
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » July 29th, 2011, 10:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Wow. This thread had been relegated to page 3.
Ok...just to do my part--

Wk 6 day 1 was Wednesday--again a 10 day hiatus. Didn't feel as bad as I expected--long hiatus, 90+ dgr, tired, and feeling like a fatty. In fact, it was probably the best feeling run I've had lately. On previous runs, my calves were really sore and I did a fair amount of huffing.

I'm determined to do day 2 today or tomorrow. After this week, I think I'll stop using podcasts and just wear a stopwatch and listen to my own music. Maybe making my own mixes will be motivating.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » July 29th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Week 6 day 2!!

I started 10 weeks ago, but hey--progress is progress. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Plus with that tropical storm not making it to austin, it was just breezy--not that we couldn't have used the rain.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 30th, 2011, 8:15 am

bluebutton wrote:Week 6 day 2!!

I started 10 weeks ago, but hey--progress is progress. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Plus with that tropical storm not making it to austin, it was just breezy--not that we couldn't have used the rain.
You are rolling, bluebutton! Way to go! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: ^:)^

B, aka Captain Sabotage, is screwing up my running schedule. It's like having a kid, a kid with expensive tastes in cars and watches and food. I am getting my exercise in, but making it to the gym has been difficult lately, and my knees howl when I try to run on the road. ~X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » August 6th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Well i completed Week 6 day 3 on Thursday in 100 dgr heat. It's brutal.

Today instead of running I tried a tabata high intensity workout--basically you go like crazy for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds and try to do that 8 times -- in other words, 4 minutes total. I did 4 minutes of squats and 4 minutes of lat rows. I was dripping sweat and sucking wind very quickly. Next time I'm might try burpees, but I thought I'd take it slow.

In uber discouraging news I've gained 1.5 lbs since I last weighed myself a month ago and I have 27 lbs to go to reaching my pre-pregnancy weight. :( :Boo: Gah. I've been eating like crazy since my son hit a growth spurt a few weeks ago. But I've been pulling back lately. I feel like I have no idea how to eat as a nursing mom. :?: :?: :think: :think:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 6th, 2011, 10:27 pm

Walked my feet off on State Street in Madison this evening.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 7th, 2011, 1:27 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Walked my feet off on State Street in Madison this evening.
Oh no! Now you'll have to stump your way out to your next job. :twitch:

Vibes! :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » August 8th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Still haven't been able to get out and start week 7. But did get in a round of squats, lunges, and rows.

I'm too weak to be getting much cardio out of these rounds, but I'm pretty dang sore--so it feels like exercise.

We're on our 23rd consecutive day of 100+ degree weather. 80 dgr is starting to feel chilly.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 9th, 2011, 12:57 am

bluebutton wrote:Still haven't been able to get out and start week 7. But did get in a round of squats, lunges, and rows.

I'm too weak to be getting much cardio out of these rounds, but I'm pretty dang sore--so it feels like exercise.

We're on our 23rd consecutive day of 100+ degree weather. 80 dgr is starting to feel chilly.
I got in a 55 min./3 mile hilly walk yesterday, and a 45 min. stroller stroll w/ some mom friends today.

BlueButton, we barely broke 70 today -- can we trade?