Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » August 11th, 2009, 12:44 pm

wilson wrote:
CellR wrote:
And yes, Nicholas Sparks wrote The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, etc.
And he's a no-talent hack who should be burned on a pyre of his own books.
He isn't the most humble person I've ever met...
Class of 2014
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 11th, 2009, 2:06 pm

CellR wrote:
wilson wrote:
CellR wrote:
And yes, Nicholas Sparks wrote The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, etc.
He isn't the most humble person I've ever met...
Why does this not surprise me?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2009, 2:07 pm

6 pages behind now...

that should be a lot of good material for later today... :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2009, 2:23 pm

I refuse to read the Tom Cruise thread, only because, it's about him. No offense, bjornolf.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 11th, 2009, 2:29 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I refuse to read the Tom Cruise thread, only because, it's about him. No offense, bjornolf.
Eh, no biggie. I just happen to like a lot of his movies (NOT HIM PERSONALLY), and I thought it was interesting that his son was getting into the business like his old man.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 11th, 2009, 4:09 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I'm back at work today after missing it yesterday due to my back. Turns out, my back does not take kindly to major housekeeping. I steamed the hardwood floors in the living room Sunday and scrubbed some spots off the floor, more or less paint spots. Then I polished the floor. While my living room looks fabulous, my back is not happy. Took several muscle relaxers yesterday and slept on the couch in said beautiful living room. I also scrubbed the kitchen floor clean.

Still have some pain, but not as bad as yesterday. Here's to hoping I can make it the whole day today.
Oh noes! As one "bad back sufferer" to another, I hope you're able to recover quickly! Aren't muscle relaxants great? :)

I prefer ice packs over heat, when mine goes into spasm mode. That, and lots of cat pose/child pose yoga stretches.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 11th, 2009, 4:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new camera last night (a Nikon D90). After looking at several online places, I bought it at a local camera store. They matched Best Buy's price for the camera, plus I get a free camera-specific class and 100 free prints. I'm really getting the camera to get back into the game of taking pictures for fun, so the class and the opportunity to have a local source of expert information/advice swung the balance intheir favor.
Yay for local retailers! :) Enjoy the new camera!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 11th, 2009, 4:11 pm

wilson wrote:
CellR wrote:
How do you really feel about him? And if you hate his works so much, why are you so knowledgeable about how much they suck? ;)

I read The Notebook, and that was enough.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 11th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Miles wrote:
wilson wrote:So I'm in Columbia now, staying at an extended-stay hotel. Star Wars Episode IV was on Spike last night, and Charleston Girl was here, because she has a training session for her new job here today. She enthusiastically watched it with me...one more check in her column. She'll be gone tonight, but The Empire Strikes Back (easily the best of all the Star Wars films) is on tonight. I'm assuming that means that Return of the Jedi is on tomorrow, which makes me happy (since I can't get the Braves game here).
Kelly is in the process of purchasing a new television. She and I were talking about the first movie we should watch to christen the tv. She suggested a Star Wars marathon, the original trilogy. I melted.
:-bd
Both sound like winners. Best of luck with both. :)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2009, 4:13 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I read The Notebook, and that was enough.
I'm right there with you. That was so gut wrenching that I couldn't pick up another one of his books, and that was over 11 years ago.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 11th, 2009, 4:17 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I read The Notebook, and that was enough.
I'm right there with you. That was so gut wrenching that I couldn't pick up another one of his books, and that was over 11 years ago.
Oh, although the plot was okay, I found the prose simplistic and not enjoyable to read; it wasn't much more than a movie screenplay to begin with. Why waste 5-7 hours of reading time, when you can get the same experience, plus a sound track, by watching the 2 hour film?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2009, 5:05 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new camera last night (a Nikon D90). After looking at several online places, I bought it at a local camera store. They matched Best Buy's price for the camera, plus I get a free camera-specific class and 100 free prints. I'm really getting the camera to get back into the game of taking pictures for fun, so the class and the opportunity to have a local source of expert information/advice swung the balance intheir favor.
Yay for local retailers! :) Enjoy the new camera!
And WHEN exactly is the Forest Park Balloon Race? *-:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Shammrog wrote:I think I may have gassed the dogs...

:o3 :o3 :o3
reporting this to PETA... :roll:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2009, 6:19 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Shammrog wrote:Uh oh. Post dinner flatulence.
My gut flora has yet to return to normal. I thought the yogurt would help.

Any other suggestions?
unfiltered, bottle conditioned wheat ale...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2009, 6:23 pm

6 pages, 6 minutes to review (or less), less than 6 posts in reply...

I didn't miss too much... :roll:
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 11th, 2009, 6:26 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Miles wrote:
wilson wrote:So I'm in Columbia now, staying at an extended-stay hotel. Star Wars Episode IV was on Spike last night, and Charleston Girl was here, because she has a training session for her new job here today. She enthusiastically watched it with me...one more check in her column. She'll be gone tonight, but The Empire Strikes Back (easily the best of all the Star Wars films) is on tonight. I'm assuming that means that Return of the Jedi is on tomorrow, which makes me happy (since I can't get the Braves game here).
Kelly is in the process of purchasing a new television. She and I were talking about the first movie we should watch to christen the tv. She suggested a Star Wars marathon, the original trilogy. I melted.
:-bd
Both sound like winners. Best of luck with both. :)
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Movie.

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never watch space movies with a female when romance is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... <clunk>"
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 6:37 pm

Turk wrote: Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Movie.

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never watch space movies with a female when romance is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... <clunk>"
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I missed the part from roughly the departure from Mos Eisley to the escape from the Death Star.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 11th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Turk wrote:Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Movie.

Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite movies, and by far Cary Elwes' and Mandy Patinkin's best roles. Not to mention Andre the Giant. And Chris Sarandon. And Wallace Shawn. And Robin Wright Penn. And Fred Savage. And Christopher Guest.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 11th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Which local shop? I wonder if I know it.

Buying local makes a LOT of sense. :-bd
I bought it at Creve Coeur Camera. Turns out they have a class on the Nikon D90 this Saturday morning. Hopefully there will be a slot available.

My plan for this evening is to go out and shoot some pics in Forest Park. Would go to the MoBot, but it closes at 5.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 11th, 2009, 6:53 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I'm back at work today after missing it yesterday due to my back. Turns out, my back does not take kindly to major housekeeping. I steamed the hardwood floors in the living room Sunday and scrubbed some spots off the floor, more or less paint spots. Then I polished the floor. While my living room looks fabulous, my back is not happy. Took several muscle relaxers yesterday and slept on the couch in said beautiful living room. I also scrubbed the kitchen floor clean.

Still have some pain, but not as bad as yesterday. Here's to hoping I can make it the whole day today.
Wow, Tilly; you've been busy! Hope the back is feeling better. I've never heard of steaming a hardwood floor, but it sounds like hard work.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein