LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » August 11th, 2009, 7:22 am

Assuming it's not too hot this evening, I think I'll go to Forest Park and take some pictures.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2009, 7:52 am

5 pages behind and a full day's work ahead...

choices, choices...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 11th, 2009, 8:17 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CellR wrote:One of my friends happens to be his (Sparks) son. Their new house is *almost* done. It is ridiculous . It's something like 22,000 sq. feet

I mean it's great, but there's something about a house of that size that makes it seem like you are at a commercial establishment, such as a country club. When I'm hanging out with my friends I would rather it be somewhere comfortable, a place at which my senses aren't being completely overloaded. :lol:
You just didn't know how good you had it. And just what is wrong with hanging out at a country club?
Maybe 'country club' was the wrong choice of words considering the fact that I do hang out at one almost every day.
I'll probably be spending a decent amount of time over there in the future though. I left to preserve the 'newness' of the house :) :ymdaydream:
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 8:25 am

CellR wrote:
And yes, Nicholas Sparks wrote The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, etc.
And he's a no-talent hack who should be burned on a pyre of his own books.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 8:27 am

Shammrog wrote:Anyone think I'd wake Wilson up if I dialed his cell phone right now...?
If you had called me at this hour, I'd have heartily cussed you out.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 11th, 2009, 8:37 am

CellR wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CellR wrote:One of my friends happens to be his (Sparks) son. Their new house is *almost* done. It is ridiculous . It's something like 22,000 sq. feet

I mean it's great, but there's something about a house of that size that makes it seem like you are at a commercial establishment, such as a country club. When I'm hanging out with my friends I would rather it be somewhere comfortable, a place at which my senses aren't being completely overloaded. :lol:
You just didn't know how good you had it. And just what is wrong with hanging out at a country club?
Maybe 'country club' was the wrong choice of words considering the fact that I do hang out at one almost every day.
I'll probably be spending a decent amount of time over there in the future though. I left to preserve the 'newness' of the house :) :ymdaydream:
It really sounds very nice there. Let me know if you want to bring your "uncle" with you one day... :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 8:39 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: It really sounds very nice there. Let me know if you want to bring your "uncle" with you one day... :D
...and this other, um, "big fan" of his that you know... :twisted: :ymdevil:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 11th, 2009, 8:41 am

wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: It really sounds very nice there. Let me know if you want to bring your "uncle" with you one day... :D
Road trip! :-!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 8:47 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
wilson wrote:
Road trip! :-!
You got a big trunk? :twisted: :-$
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 8:49 am

So I'm in Columbia now, staying at an extended-stay hotel. Star Wars Episode IV was on Spike last night, and Charleston Girl was here, because she has a training session for her new job here today. She enthusiastically watched it with me...one more check in her column. She'll be gone tonight, but The Empire Strikes Back (easily the best of all the Star Wars films) is on tonight. I'm assuming that means that Return of the Jedi is on tomorrow, which makes me happy (since I can't get the Braves game here).
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2009, 8:53 am

I'm back at work today after missing it yesterday due to my back. Turns out, my back does not take kindly to major housekeeping. I steamed the hardwood floors in the living room Sunday and scrubbed some spots off the floor, more or less paint spots. Then I polished the floor. While my living room looks fabulous, my back is not happy. Took several muscle relaxers yesterday and slept on the couch in said beautiful living room. I also scrubbed the kitchen floor clean.

Still have some pain, but not as bad as yesterday. Here's to hoping I can make it the whole day today.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 8:55 am

TillyGalore wrote:I'm back at work today after missing it yesterday due to my back. Turns out, my back does not take kindly to major housekeeping. I steamed the hardwood floors in the living room Sunday and scrubbed some spots off the floor, more or less paint spots. Then I polished the floor. While my living room looks fabulous, my back is not happy. Took several muscle relaxers yesterday and slept on the couch in said beautiful living room. I also scrubbed the kitchen floor clean.

Still have some pain, but not as bad as yesterday. Here's to hoping I can make it the whole day today.
:ymhug:
I'm in a huggy mood today.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 11th, 2009, 8:58 am

I'm waiting for bjornolf to ask CellR to be invited over as his BIG brother so he can ask for a literary agent referral....
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 9:00 am

DukeUsul wrote:I'm waiting for bjornolf to ask CellR to be invited over as his BIG brother so he can ask for a literary agent referral....
To beat a (not) dead (enough) horse, he could bring me along to help, ahem, eliminate some of the competition.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2009, 9:22 am

wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I'm back at work today after missing it yesterday due to my back. Turns out, my back does not take kindly to major housekeeping. I steamed the hardwood floors in the living room Sunday and scrubbed some spots off the floor, more or less paint spots. Then I polished the floor. While my living room looks fabulous, my back is not happy. Took several muscle relaxers yesterday and slept on the couch in said beautiful living room. I also scrubbed the kitchen floor clean.

:ymhug:
I'm in a huggy mood today.

Thanks, wilson!! Appreciate it.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 11th, 2009, 9:31 am

DukeUsul wrote:I'm waiting for bjornolf to ask CellR to be invited over as his BIG brother so he can ask for a literary agent referral....
Ouch, man, cold. I'm not THAT bad. Okay, so I am. So, when can I come. ;) Although, I don't know if the agents that handle fantasy would be overly impressed by a recommendation from him. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 11th, 2009, 9:32 am

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get feeling better soon. I have one of those bean filled bags that you nuke, and it helps my back a lot. I really need to go to the doctor though. I haven't slept through the night in months, tossing and turning, trying to find a position where I can sleep without pain.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2009, 9:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new camera last night (a Nikon D90). After looking at several online places, I bought it at a local camera store. They matched Best Buy's price for the camera, plus I get a free camera-specific class and 100 free prints. I'm really getting the camera to get back into the game of taking pictures for fun, so the class and the opportunity to have a local source of expert information/advice swung the balance intheir favor.
Which local shop? I wonder if I know it.

Buying local makes a LOT of sense. :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 11th, 2009, 9:38 am

wilson wrote:So I'm in Columbia now, staying at an extended-stay hotel. Star Wars Episode IV was on Spike last night, and Charleston Girl was here, because she has a training session for her new job here today. She enthusiastically watched it with me...one more check in her column. She'll be gone tonight, but The Empire Strikes Back (easily the best of all the Star Wars films) is on tonight. I'm assuming that means that Return of the Jedi is on tomorrow, which makes me happy (since I can't get the Braves game here).
Kelly is in the process of purchasing a new television. She and I were talking about the first movie we should watch to christen the tv. She suggested a Star Wars marathon, the original trilogy. I melted.
:-bd
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2009, 9:55 am

bjornolf wrote:Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get feeling better soon. I have one of those bean filled bags that you nuke, and it helps my back a lot. I really need to go to the doctor though. I haven't slept through the night in months, tossing and turning, trying to find a position where I can sleep without pain.

%%-
Fortunately I don't have a problem sleeping through the night. That would make a really cranky bitch. Not sure I have any advice, other than taking ibuprofen before going to bed, using a heating pad, and of course, as you mentioned seeing a doctor. Hope you find some relief soon too.