The Job Search Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: The Job Search Thread

Post by ArkieDukie » January 18th, 2012, 8:31 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I got an e-mail from UTMB-Galveston today. They want me to come back for an interview Jan 22-23. That's next Monday-Tuesday. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Vibes for you AD. Hope all goes well.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, Tilly! Right back at you for tomorrow!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 18th, 2012, 8:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I got an e-mail from UTMB-Galveston today. They want me to come back for an interview Jan 22-23. That's next Monday-Tuesday. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Somehow I missed this before.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 18th, 2012, 9:47 pm

AR-KIE! AR-KIE!! AR-KIE!!

:pickle: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-fingers: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-ninja: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :character-beavisbutthead: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clapyellow: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-jumpeveryone: :music-rockon: :music-rockout:
Last edited by Lavabe on January 18th, 2012, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 18th, 2012, 9:49 pm

Arkie: DO tell us when we can begin the "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEE YA!!" thread for PHB! :D :happy-bouncyblue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 18th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Commencing vibes (and a few dancing bananas) for the Duchess.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 19th, 2012, 8:00 am

Lavabe wrote:Commencing vibes (and a few dancing bananas) for the Duchess.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope:
:happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard:

Inteview VIBES flowing this morning!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 19th, 2012, 9:07 am

Great news Arkie!!!

And for everyone going to The Duke Wake game tonight, your JOB is to have your "CHEEKS n the SEATS", and cheering and clapping and standing up and being LOUD!!! Coach K has said the FAN SUPPORT is crucial to protect the Home Court !

Even though, Wake Forest hasnt shown any greatness this season, they will want to do their best againest Duke. We have to remain hungry and aggressive throughtout the entire game!!

OZZIE, DevilDeac, CB&B and all the others........... CHEER LOUD! Have fun!!! :duke: :duke: :duke: LETS GO DUKE!

And as always, GTHC GTH :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 19th, 2012, 9:07 am

Mighty powerful vibes are flowing in the direction of the Duchess!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
Last edited by Lavabe on January 19th, 2012, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 19th, 2012, 9:08 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Great news Arkie!!!

And for everyone going to The Duke Wake game tonight, your JOB is to have your "CHEEKS n the SEATS", and cheering and clapping and standing up and being LOUD!!! Coach K has said the FAN SUPPORT is crucial to protect the Home Court !

Even though, Wake Forest hasnt shown any greatness this season, they will want to do their best againest Duke. We have to remain hungry and aggressive throughtout the entire game!!

OZZIE, DevilDeac, CB&B and all the others........... CHEER LOUD! Have fun!!! :duke: :duke: :duke: LETS GO DUKE!

And as always, GTHC GTH :9f:
I will do my part and wash the dishes! :D
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 19th, 2012, 12:11 pm

We all know Lavabe's dishwashing skill is our secret weapon! You go, guy!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 19th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Thank you for the vibes this morning. I think things went well. The director wants me to meet a couple of the associate directors whom I will be working closely with, presuming I get the job.

The more I go down this road, the more I want this job. I feel this could be a really good match for me and them.

ArkieDukie, hope you get your work done so you can be off Monday and Tuesday (geez that sounded really bad, almost condescending, which I totally did not mean for the sentence to). Looking forward to yelling out an "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh seeeeeeee ya" for you.
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 19th, 2012, 10:49 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Thank you for the vibes this morning. I think things went well. The director wants me to meet a couple of the associate directors whom I will be working closely with, presuming I get the job.

The more I go down this road, the more I want this job. I feel this could be a really good match for me and them.

ArkieDukie, hope you get your work done so you can be off Monday and Tuesday (geez that sounded really bad, almost condescending, which I totally did not mean for the sentence to). Looking forward to yelling out an "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh seeeeeeee ya" for you.
Glad to hear that the interview went well, Tilly! Here's hoping that you get good news really, really soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

As predicted, PHB changed the game plan this morning. I expect more of the same tomorrow. If he says anything about working on Monday or Tuesday, he's getting a big "Tough luck!" from me. For someone who's not even officially on this project, I seem to be the only person in the lab that's had to cancel a vacation and multiple weekend trips. It ends right here, right now. Let NuBarbie work extra hours for once.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 19th, 2012, 11:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: As predicted, PHB changed the game plan this morning. I expect more of the same tomorrow. If he says anything about working on Monday or Tuesday, he's getting a big "Tough luck!" from me. For someone who's not even officially on this project, I seem to be the only person in the lab that's had to cancel a vacation and multiple weekend trips. It ends right here, right now. Let NuBarbie work extra hours for once.
Woohoo! Good for you! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 20th, 2012, 1:07 am

Will you call in sick or just say no?
Love, Ima
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 20th, 2012, 8:18 am

ArkieDukie wrote: As predicted, PHB changed the game plan this morning. I expect more of the same tomorrow. If he says anything about working on Monday or Tuesday, he's getting a big "Tough luck!" from me. For someone who's not even officially on this project, I seem to be the only person in the lab that's had to cancel a vacation and multiple weekend trips. It ends right here, right now. Let NuBarbie work extra hours for once.

Good for you. Stand firm..the kazoo band is warming up to play "Take this job and shove it" at the appropriate moment.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 20th, 2012, 9:36 am

TillyGalore wrote:Thank you for the vibes this morning. I think things went well. The director wants me to meet a couple of the associate directors whom I will be working closely with, presuming I get the job.

Yay! Continued vibes for you, Tilly! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

And, as always, for you, Sister AD. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Some vibes for you as well, DWP. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Spare job vibes if I missed anyone.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 20th, 2012, 10:44 am

windsor wrote:

Good for you. Stand firm..the kazoo band is warming up to play "Take this job and shove it" at the appropriate moment.
Vibin' like mad!! :wizard:
Looking for a voodoo doll for PHB. :scared-eek:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 20th, 2012, 11:21 pm

More vibes for AD, Tilly and DWP. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 21st, 2012, 12:34 am

Verrrry exciting! You gals have big fish on your lines. Now reel 'em in! DWP, You're next!!!!!

Love, Ima
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 22nd, 2012, 4:22 pm

I could have sworn I posted this a little while ago but now cannot find it. WTF? Well, I guess it goes to show how sick I am.

I have a second interview for a job on Tuesday morning but am sick as a dog right now. Seriously, I think I've caught the plague. Hopefully spending today and tomorrow in bed drugged up will help me get well enough to last for however long the interview lasts for. After that I can go to hell in a bucket for all I care.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------