LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » August 8th, 2009, 8:19 am

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:Running out of material...
Who does that sound like? :roll: :))
Ugh... the epitome of a Queen PW. :ymsick: :-? [-x [-x
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 8th, 2009, 8:21 am

devildeac wrote:I have lost count now...
The cardiologist has lost count? Oh, THAT's reassuring. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 8th, 2009, 8:25 am

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:Running out of material...
Who does that sound like? :roll: :))
Now I am starting to worry myself... :oops:
I think it's time to go out for my morning walk.
TWEET!!!!!!!!! :-t

Illegal recursive quoting. 15 minute penalty. [-x [-x %-( %-(

NOTE: To cite this as an illegal activity, I had to remove one of the embedded quotes. The shame of it! ~x(
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 8th, 2009, 9:07 am

Lavabe wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:My youngest son woke me up at 5:30am. I was unable to go back to sleep. I kept trying instead of posting. I've given up.
Well, you could make a move in our Scrabble game. :D :geek: :ugeek: :ymblushing:
I just did. Anytime you can score 20 points or more with 'is', you have to do it!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 8th, 2009, 9:15 am

I just saw an ad on Facebook for CIMT training, Certified Infant Massage Training. OMG! I think I have to do it! I really can't imagine anything more fun than giving babies massages. And to think, if I get good at it, people might pay me to do it. Talk about loving your work.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 9:26 am

Turk wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: I've always liked "He Thinks He'll Keep Her" as well and am also intrigued by people's responses to it. I know one person in particular who thought it was a horrible song, but this particular person would likely be very much like the husband in the song. One could potentially get an interesting sociological study from that song.
For a lazy doofus like me, it's a warning shot across the bow to get up off my large posterior and make sure Mrs. Turk isn't running the house all by herself. I also think that most women who return to the corporate workd after being a full-time mom find office work to be child's play, pun intended. CTN ladies, any thoughts?
Good for you, Turk! :-bd The fact that you think this way says that you're NOT the guy in the song. As for the other, I can't make any judgments since I'm not a mom. However, I do find it difficult to keep up with everything and can't imagine how much harder it would be with a family. I salute anyone who can do it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 8th, 2009, 9:30 am

Made Swedish pancakes (plättar) for breakfast this morning. Katie loved them. Her great-grandmother will be so proud.

Might be too hot to do the new Dino Trail at the NC Museum of Life and Science today. Hmm, what to do.....

ETA: woot 200!
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 9:31 am

I like the scarf in your avatar, BD. Amazing work. You can tell that it's navy blue if you squint just right.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 9:34 am

Devildeac, I see that you're still the king of the technique that has given you more posts than anyone else. (where's the PW Queen icon when you need it?? :lol: )
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 9:35 am

I tried to boost my post count Thursday night by drafting off wilson. I couldn't keep up - he once had the most recent post on 10 or 11 threads. And that, my "imaginary" friends, is why I'm still a student at PWing School.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » August 8th, 2009, 9:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I tried to boost my post count Thursday night by drafting off wilson. I couldn't keep up - he once had the most recent post on 10 or 11 threads. And that, my "imaginary" friends, is why I'm still a student at PWing School.
"imaginary" friends.... we're real, honestly. I've started referring to y'all for my wife as my sketchy Internet friends. I'm not sure what she thinks of that.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 9:40 am

Work was insane yesterday. A co-worker took the day off. As usual, she did a sloppy job before she left, which meant I spent most of the day yesterday fixing her mess. :-q
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 9:42 am

DukeUsul wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I tried to boost my post count Thursday night by drafting off wilson. I couldn't keep up - he once had the most recent post on 10 or 11 threads. And that, my "imaginary" friends, is why I'm still a student at PWing School.
"imaginary" friends.... we're real, honestly. I've started referring to y'all for my wife as my sketchy Internet friends. I'm not sure what she thinks of that.
I'm not sketchy! Now Shamm, on the other hand... (just kidding, Shamm!)
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 8th, 2009, 9:46 am

Bostondevil wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:My youngest son woke me up at 5:30am. I was unable to go back to sleep. I kept trying instead of posting. I've given up.
Well, you could make a move in our Scrabble game. :D :geek: :ugeek: :ymblushing:
I just did. Anytime you can score 20 points or more with 'is', you have to do it!
Not when it costs you the lead. :ymapplause: :-ss \:D/
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 8th, 2009, 10:01 am

Bostondevil wrote:I just saw an ad on Facebook for CIMT training, Certified Infant Massage Training. OMG! I think I have to do it! I really can't imagine anything more fun than giving babies massages. And to think, if I get good at it, people might pay me to do it. Talk about loving your work.
This was my 500th post. I should have been paying attention. But it's about babies, so OK!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 8th, 2009, 11:02 am

Bostondevil wrote:I just saw an ad on Facebook for CIMT training, Certified Infant Massage Training. OMG! I think I have to do it! I really can't imagine anything more fun than giving babies massages. And to think, if I get good at it, people might pay me to do it. Talk about loving your work.
I can resemble that.
:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
:))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2009, 11:05 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:I have lost count now...
The cardiologist has lost count? Oh, THAT's reassuring. :D
We don't have to count needles after our procedures and once I get beyond 4 or 5 blockages, it's no longer stent time, it's bypass surgery time. :D :(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2009, 11:06 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:There, that should give me a safe lead for a while. At least until bjornolf wakes up and signs on to CT... ;)
I vote that we add the Queen PW icon over to the list of available smilies. :-B :o)
I like that idea but make a king and a queen. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2009, 11:07 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Devildeac, I see that you're still the king of the technique that has given you more posts than anyone else. (where's the PW Queen icon when you need it?? :lol: )
:D :))

Thanks, I think...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2009, 11:08 am

Back to work for a while...